Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That's It, I Can't Take It Anymore, Start Orlovsky

Andy

I've been a Painter supporter throughout the year, but after today's game vs the Jags, I can't freagin take it anymore, just put in Orlovsky. Let the kid have the bye week to practice with the starters, then get him ready for the Panthers game. Curtis Painter sucks! Last week, I said give him one more week, and we did, and he screwed it up. Start Orlovsky, who's with me?

how has Orlovsky done on his other starts for other teams? Has he proven to be any better, anywhere else? Didn't they give him a shot to win the starting job away from Painter and he couldn't do it? That may have more to do with the coaching staff not willing to admit they made a mistake on Painter but stil....

At this point, I really don't care what they do. I've stopped expecting wins, I've accepted that we are the worst team in the NFL. Right now, I'm focusing on Peyton's check-up date on Dec. 1. We'll see where he is, and go from there.

This season is lost. I'll keep watching, but I don't expect anything to change. Once the offseason gets here, things should get infinitely better.

You can't compare them, he came in late and played against a prevent defense. If Painter would throw the ball away instead of being sacked that would help him a lot.

He's not the problem, it's the coaching. Nine defenders within 3 yds off the line on 3rd and 3 and they run the ball...help.

At this point, I really don't care what they do. I've stopped expecting wins, I've accepted that we are the worst team in the NFL. Right now, I'm focusing on Peyton's check-up date on Dec. 1. We'll see where he is, and go from there.

This season is lost. I'll keep watching, but I don't expect anything to change. Once the offseason gets here, things should get infinitely better.

Agreed, that the season is lost. But I still want them to throw in everybody we need to evaluate to see what we go going into next season.

no one can move the team behind this o-line, no time for the receivers to get deep or open, our qbs have just a few sec to make a decision not like other teams whose o-lines give a little time to throw, dont blame the qbs the o-line is the problem and our #1 draft choice did not look good today he kept letting his guy put pressure on painter got to get a decent o-line to compete

To bad both aren't very good. Pick your poison. People get on the Orlovsky bandwagon and then as soon as he starts sucking you'll jump right off it.

I've been a Painter supporter throughout the year, but after today's game vs the Jags, I can't freagin take it anymore, just put in Orlovsky. Let the kid have the bye week to practice with the starters, then get him ready for the Panthers game. Curtis Painter sucks! Last week, I said give him one more week, and we did, and he screwed it up. Start Orlovsky, who's with me?

I'm with you..

Orlovsky is not as bad as Curtis has been the last 2 weeks...

..You have to make changes..

With the bye week..give him 2 weeks to get set and I think we can beat Carolina..

The defense did all they could against Jax.

We averages about 12 points a game..

New QB

Orlovsky's passes have been on target, Painters not so much. We now know that Painter isn't going to improve, in fact, he's getting worse. Sit Painter and play Orlovsky.

Honestly I don't know if Orlovsky is better or not so I am not trying to argue he's not I am just goin to say it's worth mentiong Orlovsky is completeing a high number of passes when the other team is in prevent defense. With that said if someone said Painter couldn't even do that right now am not sure I would believe myself if I even tried to say they were wrong.

Honestly I don't know if Orlovsky is better or not so I am not trying to argue he's not I am just goin to say it's worth mentiong Orlovsky is completeing a high number of passes when the other team is in prevent defense. With that said if someone said Painter couldn't even do that right now am not sure I would believe myself if I even tried to say they were wrong.

That's not completely accurate. The safeties were loose, but the cornerbacks were playing man to man predominently. It certainly wasn't a Colt's style prevent defense.

At least we could get a good laugh out of Orlavsky when he sends himself into the endzone for a Saftey. However, I don't know why you all are dogging Painter, I mean come'on, he had a solid 40.1 QB rating today vs the Jags. Compare 40% of Peyton Mannings 105.6 QB rating against the Jags at home last year which is 42.24 and they are relatively close..... :*: :facepalm: hahah sarcasm definitely included..

That's not completely accurate. The safeties were loose, but the cornerbacks were playing man to man predominently. It certainly wasn't a Colt's style prevent defense.

It was prevent for the Jags defense they also backed their pass rush off and were playing not to give up the big play, they were not playing like they were with Painter. With that said like I said in my first post I am not sure Painter could complete passes vs. that right now. I am just pointing out Orlovsky isn't coming in and leading us down the field when they are playing the same kinda defense that gives Painter issues. If you notice when they got down by the endzone and the Jags started playing tighter Orlovsky struggled. Again, like I said I have no idea which one is better right now frankly I don't think it matters which one we start they are going to struggle IMO.

no one can move the team behind this o-line, no time for the receivers to get deep or open, our qbs have just a few sec to make a decision not like other teams whose o-lines give a little time to throw, dont blame the qbs the o-line is the problem and our #1 draft choice did not look good today he kept letting his guy put pressure on painter got to get a decent o-line to compete

The line was good last week and Painter still sucked.I'm sure he's a nice guy and a team player and all but he has no business being on an nfl field.He just isn't good enough.Orlavsky did ok starting with a horrible Lions team.He had 8 td's and 8 picks in half a season with them,about 57 percent completion rate.Painter can't even complete 8 passes.Give him a chance.

Honestly, can't we give Jeff George a shot??? I would think at 43, he still has a rocket arm, he could play better than Painter. Heck, a wooden Indian might be better.

Since Addai was a high school QB, how about just having Addai play QB with Brown and Carter running the Wildcat?

1965 Colts's won some games with Tom Matte running the option.

They both suck, it makes no difference.

This.

I give Painter a slight edge because his name is easier to spell, so when I rip him on the internet I don't have to worry about typos.

Plus he looks like a Furby. That has to count for something right?

Granted. However, Painter is barely worthy of a third string QB, just above the disaster QB (punter) on most teams. I'd suspect that our punter would probably do better than Painter, as McAfee is a competitor, something Painter seems to lack. With that in mind, let's look at Orlovsky and see if he is useable as a backup QB, because if he's not, we need two more QB's, not just one in the draft next year. We'll need Manning's eventual replacement, and we'll need a decent backup QB. Painter certainly is not worthy of that distinction, let's hope Orlovsky is.

well when your head coach doesnt care about wins anymore and doesnt coach even the qb to even help him get better this is the result. yes painter isnt that great but he isnt as bad as he seems because he needs coaching not just thrown in to learn by playing the game. but you do know caldwell had already had it in his head that he wasnt gonna coach painter or even wanted anything to do with him. why else do you think he got rid of hayden and jackson so quickly after dungy left. anything to do with the dungy team is dissapearing quickly. i dont blame the qb's at all i blame the coaches who are not coaching these guys at all and just applauding them when they screw up.