Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That's It, I Can't Take It Anymore, Start Orlovsky

Andy

Painter has been disturbingly ineffective since the Saints game, which suggests that this is a confidence problem (exacerbated by the line being so weak in pass protection). The thing is, he played well enough to win for 3+ games, and against the Packers in preseason.

On the other hand Orlovsky, has never shown anything in my opinion - either here or with the Lions.

I really don't want to see the recent offense again - it's just brutal. On the other hand if we are going to stink anyway, I'd rather stick with the guy who has some upside. Maybe they should get Painter some counseling during the bye week. ;p

Look at the bright side, during those three earlier games the offense played well enough to win, but the defense was brutal. Well the defense has played well enough to win for three weeks in a row now, but the offense has been horrific. In the meantime the special teams has slowly stabilized. I'm trying to cling to the hope that AT SOME POINT all three phases might still play well enough to win in the same game.

Painter has been disturbingly ineffective since the Saints game, which suggests that this is a confidence problem (exacerbated by the line being so weak in pass protection). The thing is, he played well enough to win for 3+ games, and against the Packers in preseason.

He did not play well enough to win at all. They put up fewer than 15 first downs a game.

The only offense was a few 5 yard screen passes to Garcon who carried them 60 yards for touchdowns.

Relying on a receiver to have career days every week is not a recipe for winning.

You mean the guy we cut in camp because in two weeks he didn't know ANY plays...

PS this is coming from a guy who went to Ball State so I wanted Nate to make it.

Can't be any worse than having a guy who supposedly "knows" the system but cannot execute it to save his life. Nate can improvise and run and throw on the run as good as anybody. Makes the play calling simple, just tell him to make a play.