Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Loucheiz Purifoy Project, and why it could work

BlueShoe

I think he can bring that swagger our defense needs. the im gonna tell you we're gonna kick your butt, kick your butt, and then remind them loudly we kicked your butt attitude. we need that type of confidence to be dominant 

I thought we were supposed to have that in landry?

I think this could be Pagano taking a flyer on a kid.  We all know he was originally a DB coach.  Maybe he sees something in the kid?  Thankfully for us, he is a UDFA and there is minimal risk, and who exactly knows what the kids ceiling is.  

Regarding his past offenses, as long as those types of things don't happen anymore, i'm cool. I hope the kid Learned his lesson, cause you got the chance of a lifetime!

I don't know if this will change anyone's thinking on Purifoy.....

I know that the Colts list him at 6'1" and 190....

But the websites I visit have his combine numbers.....

He's 5'11 1/2" and 190. Why the Colts have his height wrong, I don't know?

Just wanted to put that out there..... otherwise, carry on!

Joe Haden is 5'11" 190 and ran a 4.57.

That highlight film that was posted in the thread was horrible, but hopefully that's just due to the person who made the video not knowing what highlights means

CB isn't exactly a strong point for us outside of Davis & Butler although Gordy made some strides/plays late in the year so maybe he'll be better this season

Would put Toler on that list but it's hit or miss with him due to injuries

Joe Haden is 5'11" 190 and ran a 4.57.

I know.     I wasn't trying to say Purifoy is small.    He's not.    Just that he's not big.

Only that the OP was talking about bigger corners on the team now and noted that the team has him at 6'1" and 190.

I was only noting that he's an inch and a half shorter.     I was wondering if that changed the perception of Purifoy for anyone.

Otherwise, I'm avoiding the Purifoy discussion.     I see him as a practice squad guy.    If he's more than that -- hopefully that's a good sign for the Colts.

I have read some online scouting reports comparing Purifoy to Vontae. I view Vontae as an up-and-down player too. When he is on, he is as good as anyone; however, he has some bad games where he just does not look like he is into the game. 

Your question as to which one we have; we might always ask that question, just as we do with Vontae now. That said, I would enjoy watching 2 Vontae's on the field at the same time. If the player Vontae is today is Purifoy's ceiling then I would take it in a heartbeat. And we got him for nothing.

Vontae fast UnPurifoy slow. There is Absolutely NO Comparison!

Sorry you haven`t a Clue about what went on with Vontae last season.

I'm still gonna pass.

It's only a matter of time before he shows up high on the bath salts and eats someone's face.

It sounds like a performance enhancing drug if you ask me. Have him take it on game day. Strap that helmet on and he won't be able to get to anyone's face but he'll play like an animal.

That's called turning a problem into a solution.

• 2 months later...

I still say that he is a Safety, Also I think the Purifoy that we saw in 2013 as opposed to 2012 means that we have a player that's likely somewhere in the middle of that, A player that is going to play all out, Be aggressive, Hit hard and jump a few routes on occasion and also get burned from doing that...Im fine with that, I think he has playmaking potential all over him but I think that will come with a price, While you don't like to see a Corner get beat there has never been a Corner that's never been beat, I can live with him getting burned bad sometimes as long as he is aggressive, bringing fire and passion into everything he does and also makes plays, What ya don't want is a player who gets burned or beat on a consistent basis and cant recover or make plays, It will be a learning process for him but we have a potential playmaker on our hands, especially if he pays attention to all the little details (such as stripping a ball loose after you get beat or on a tackle)

That's true. Every undrafted player would own at the high-school level or lower div college level. Purifoy had an awful last season andthus he was undrafted.

He played very well the year before. Im with gavin on the fact that i think he is best suited to play safety. I also think he can be good returning kicks