Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

And the people rejoice: Ron Winter has retired

Superman

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10834156/nfl-plans-look-expanding-playoffs-longer-extra-points

Blandino added that veteran referees Scott Green and Ron Winter have retired, and will be replaced by Craig Wrolstad and Ronald Torbert. Wrolstad had been a field judge and Torbert was a side judge; both have college refereeing experience.

I didn't see this until just now. If they can just get rid of Jeff Triplette now, everything will be alright...

The number of flags in 2014 will drop 50% from this one move

One of the articles I saw yesterday said that Winters' crew actually called fewer penalties than any other crew in 2013. I don't know if that's an outlier, because I always thought his crews called more penalties. It seems like he always called more holding penalties, that's for sure.

One of the articles I saw yesterday said that Winters' crew actually called fewer penalties than any other crew in 2013. I don't know if that's an outlier, because I always thought his crews called more penalties. It seems like he always called more holding penalties, that's for sure.

That's interesting.  I've never looked at actual statistics, but just from watching the games, it seems like Winters and his crew call more penalties, as you said.