Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Should Painter Start This Weekend?

dn4192

Stick with him the rest of the season and after a winless season there's no way he's back next. Well, in sane world he wont be back.

Actually, if (stress *if*) he played as he can, rather than as he did last week, he would work as a backup for a healthy Peyton, so long as he only has to close out games with a lead.

Because unless the rest of the team, coaches and game planners do a better job, it will make no difference who starts at QB.

The only game plan they ever came up with is " Peyton run the offense efficiency and score over 28, defense will guard against the deep ball".

Oh wait, they stole that 1 from Dungy.

Actually, if (stress *if*) he played as he can, rather than as he did last week, he would work as a backup for a healthy Peyton, so long as he only has to close out games with a lead.

Keeping Painter around is a good example of the Colts FO fooling themselves. They always think they have a diamond in the ruff. The guy just can't win games and if Manning starts getting injuries more often , they might as well plan on losing when he's out.

Because unless the rest of the team, coaches and game planners do a better job, it will make no difference who starts at QB.

Really? There is a HUGE difference depending on whom is at QB. At this point if people watch Painter and think he is an NFL QB then they really need to step away from the bar and the bottle.

Yeah, sadly this. Unless Peyton Manning comes walking through that door (and he ain't) no one on our roster will make a difference at QB.

now andrew luck on the other hand.... :P

Unless that quarterback is Peyton Manning who would turn them into world beaters again.

He'd give us a better chance at winning, but the woeful performance of the team is not the sole responsibility of the QB. Curtis Painter isn't Peyton Manning (obviously) so the coaching staff and players have to step up, instead they appear to be in danger of doing the opposite. Even Peyton Manning at 100% would find it difficult to pull that train out of the station.

Yeah, sadly this. Unless Peyton Manning comes walking through that door (and he ain't) no one on our roster will make a difference at QB.

now andrew luck on the other hand.... :P

Perhaps even sadder is that the way things are now with the team, I doubt that even a fire breathing Peyton Manning at his 110% very best would not be able to elevate this team to the win column. :(

He'd give us a better chance at winning, but the woeful performance of the team is not the sole responsibility of the QB. Curtis Painter isn't Peyton Manning (obviously) so the coaching staff and players have to step up, instead they appear to be in danger of doing the opposite. Even Peyton Manning at 100% would find it difficult to pull that train out of the station.

Well said, I think caoching has a lot to do with winning.

Perhaps even sadder is that the way things are now with the team, I doubt that even a fire breathing Peyton Manning at his 110% very best would not be able to elevate this team to the win column. :(

I think he would. I don't really see many differences from this roster to the one we had last year and we won 10 games.

Not saying we don't have issues. I just think he's that good.

He should win MVP ... no joke.

One of the radio shows I was listening to (I think mike and mike) had a guy who knows the MVP voters and he said a few guys were seriously considering putting a third place vote out for Manning.

Now, he's not going to win, but I thought it was funny he might get a vote or two.

One of the radio shows I was listening to (I think mike and mike) had a guy who knows the MVP voters and he said a few guys were seriously considering putting a third place vote out for Manning.

Now, he's not going to win, but I thought it was funny he might get a vote or two.

He really ought to, his absence has shown his value.

He really ought to, his absence has shown his value.

It all comes back to what they mean by "most valuable player" which has never really been defined.

From what I've seen, it's basically the "QB with the best statistical season" award, which sometimes goes to running backs if they have a really outstanding year and no QBs stand out that season.

But if it's an award to recognize "value" to a team, they might as well just rename it the Peyton Manning trophy and move along.

Edited by Jaric

Few reasons:

1. Orvlosky has done next to nothing in the little action he's had.

2. Painter still knows the system better than Orvlosky and while Painter isn't producing at least the rest of the offense looks in flow with Painter. Remember when Collins was in there how everyone looked out of sorts and NOTHING worked? At least with Painter you can run the normal offense and get the guys in the right spots and you only have to worry about Painter getting the ball there.

I am not a big Painter fan but I do think he's our best option at this point. Just for the record best option doesn't mean good option.