Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Champ Bailey

I say give him a shot...pay him very little and see what happens. Maybe an incentive based contract? 

One of the best shutdown corners to have ever played the game will not accept a (even near) vet min contract to compete for a startng job at safety, for Luck or even Peyton Manning. If he doesn't get at least a decent paycheck and earn at least a starting corner job, he might call it quits too.  I'll get salt out if he takes near min pay and/or settles for a backup CB spot, let alone safety. Move along folks... nothing to see here.

i would have said pass a few days ago but now im getting a little desperate...

Apparently, it's a deep safety draft (though people are saying that about nearly every position with this one haha).  I want to see what Grigs does with the draft first before becoming uneasy about it

Apparently, it's a deep safety draft (though people are saying that about nearly every position with this one haha).  I want to see what Grigs does with the draft first before becoming uneasy about it

dunno where u got that from but it most certainly isnt a deep safety draft. 

dunno where u got that from but it most certainly isnt a deep safety draft. 

No?  Guys like Vinnie Sunseri, Hakeem Smith, and Sean Parker are projected to be available in later rounds as SS prospects while late rounds FS prospects include Ed Reynolds and Dion Bailey in the middle rounds, and Jon Dowling in the late rounds.  Of course, some analysts think these guys are talented and call the draft deep while others don't think they are and don't consider safety a deep position.  I'm just going off of what I've read and heard since I don't follow college football too closely

Why not?

You have at least three big issues with Bailey....

First,  he's old, and we want to get younger if possible.

Second,   he's never played the position.   We don't know if he can....

Third,  even if he can, we don't know if Bailey can stay healthy.   Especially at a position that is much more physical than corner is.

Too much downside and not nearly enough upside.     I'd pass.

One of the best shutdown corners to have ever played the game will not accept a (even near) vet min contract to compete for a startng job at safety, for Luck or even Peyton Manning. If he doesn't get at least a decent paycheck and earn at least a starting corner job, he might call it quits too.  I'll get salt out if he takes near min pay and/or settles for a backup CB spot, let alone safety. Move along folks... nothing to see here.

haha it was more of a dream than anything. Guess I'll stick to Champ in a Colts Jersey on ESPN 2k5.

Major Wright had 3 pretty good yrs in Chicago before playing horribe last year hear reports he is looking for a short prove it contract to boost his value back up only 25 yrs old. Seems like a win win to me

Would like that.  Only question would be if he could play in man coverage instead of Tampa 2.

major wright was on an ascending path until last year the bears rivaled us in injuries no Urlacher or Briggs lots of changes new DC. He's 25 has 9 career picks 3 house calls. He's cheap looking to prove last year was a fluke. He played FS at Florida we happen to have a hole he'd be cheap.