Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rotoworld says Verner has no visits lined up

Verner wont be making any visits, which means he's already got a deal in place. Unless it's with colts we just lost another top corner

I still hope we sign browner and draft baptiste. Vontae way too much money. The colts need to go after Mike Mitchell too

Verner wont be making any visits, which means he's already got a deal in place. Unless it's with colts we just lost another top corner

I still hope we sign browner and draft baptiste. Vontae way too much money. The colts need to go after Mike Mitchell too

Verner don't even fit our scheme so who cares and Vontae is worth it cause our D has to have a CB like him

If it were the Titans, they would just announce the deal.

Would like a link to the source.

Just know he wanted to stay there. I don't care I want Vontae but everyone seems to think he sucks now for some reason. If we can't get Verner and Shields is gone now I'd see about Munnerlyn but Grigs prilly won't cut gimpy Toler :(

Just know he wanted to stay there. I don't care I want Vontae but everyone seems to think he sucks now for some reason. If we can't get Verner and Shields is gone now I'd see about Munnerlyn but Grigs prilly won't cut gimpy Toler :(

It is not that Vontae stinks, he is just incredibly inconsistent. He put together a masterpiece against the Broncos to showcase what he is capable of, and then looked like an undrafted free agent when Tavon Austin schooled him against the Rams. The worst part was what appeared to be a lack of effort at times.

He is definitely a guy worth keeping, but not for $10 million per season.

It is not that Vontae stinks, he is just incredibly inconsistent. He put together a masterpiece against the Broncos to showcase what he is capable of, and then looked like an undrafted free agent when Tavon Austin schooled him against the Rams. The worst part was what appeared to be a lack of effort at times.

Alot of Vontae's bad games were when he had injuries that he played through

I dont know how that started or who started it but Verner definitly can play in our scheme

It stated with stories about players and the type of schemes that they fit...

Verner is small and plays mostly off his man.    Mostly zone type of schemes.

And that he's way too small to play press coverage.

I saw more than one of those over the last two months......

Having a few bad games doesn't make one "incredibly inconsistent". This just in....playing in the nfl is hard.

Having a few bad games doesn't make one "incredibly inconsistent". This just in....playing in the nfl is hard.

This just in.... guys like Alterraun Verner, Jairus Byrd, Greg Hardy, and other top tier free agents did not have the bad games that Vontae Davis had. I am guessing the NFL is "hard" for them as well. It is more than just a couple bad games for him. It often appeared as if he was disinterested and lacked effort. These are problems that plagued him in Miami and led to him being traded.

This just in.... guys like Alterraun Verner, Jairus Byrd, Greg Hardy, and other top tier free agents did not have the bad games that Vontae Davis had. I am guessing the NFL is "hard" for them as well. It is more than just a couple bad games for him. It often appeared as if he was disinterested and lacked effort. These are problems that plagued him in Miami and led to him being traded.

This Just in-in 2010 Peyton Manning had a strech of 3-4 games where he throw 3-4 INTs. Does that make him inconsistent. Davis has the capability of being great as we have seen and bearing in mind in his bad games- Vontae was dealing with some injuries- if that is to shed any light.

Unfortunately, I think we are seeing the Richard Sherman effect. After Sherman and the Seattle secondary looked so dominant everyone is putting an extra premium on quality press corners. 

It was horrible timing for the Colts. I hope we "overpay" for Davis because it will be the only way he stays, and any other corner of any quality will be overpaid for as well.

This Just in-in 2010 Peyton Manning had a strech of 3-4 games where he throw 3-4 INTs. Does that make him inconsistent. Davis has the capability of being great as we have seen and bearing in mind in his bad games- Vontae was dealing with some injuries- if that is to shed any light.

Really? You want to compare Peyton Manning to Vontae Davis?

I like Vontae Davis. I think he has potential. I don't feel that he is worth $10 million+ per season. The comment before mentioned that it seemed like people think Vontae stinks. That is not the case, his play is just inconsistent. That is a fact. I am sure Vontae played injured at times, all players do. I would not compare the performance of a QB whose play is reliant in large part on the play of others to a CB.

The NFL is hard...? Lol. Worst excuse ever. That's what they've been training their whole life for and get paid the big bucks for..to be good at it. You're either good at it or you're not. Davis is too up and down to know if he's worth 10 mil per season. Watch us let him go and next year will be his breakout year.. still young isn't he?

Vontae allowed 560 yards all season (which is really low). He "allowed" ~290 in his two worst games (Houston and St. Louis) after obviously recovering from a groin injury.

That means in his other 14 games he allowed like 270 yards (~19 yards per game).

So if you consider him having two bad games as him being inconsistent then yeah he was pretty inconsistent.

This just in.... guys like Alterraun Verner, Jairus Byrd, Greg Hardy, and other top tier free agents did not have the bad games that Vontae Davis had. I am guessing the NFL is "hard" for them as well. It is more than just a couple bad games for him. It often appeared as if he was disinterested and lacked effort. These are problems that plagued him in Miami and led to him being traded.

Oh please, they do to. It's just like last year, vontae has a bad first game and people like you and brad wells just couldn't get over it even though he played well the rest of the season.

i now officially hate the word "inconsistent." Apparently if you don't play like an all-pro for 16 games you are inconsistent.

On the other hand, a guy like griff whalen has one decent game and he is the next Wes Welker.

The NFL is hard...? Lol. Worst excuse ever. That's what they've been training their whole life for and get paid the big bucks for..to be good at it. You're either good at it or you're not. Davis is too up and down to know if he's worth 10 mil per season. Watch us let him go and next year will be his breakout year.. still young isn't he?

It wasn't an excuse...it was kind of a joke. You do realize the other guys get paid too? Players catch the ball against Sherman and revis too.

Really? You want to compare Peyton Manning to Vontae Davis?

I like Vontae Davis. I think he has potential. I don't feel that he is worth $10 million+ per season. The comment before mentioned that it seemed like people think Vontae stinks. That is not the case, his play is just inconsistent. That is a fact. I am sure Vontae played injured at times, all players do. I would not compare the performance of a QB whose play is reliant in large part on the play of others to a CB.

That would be called opinion

Revis is "inconsistent"

wzu.gif

Sherman is "inconsistent"

RoddyTD_original1.gif

Clearly Vontae Davis is an All-Pro. Clearly everyone else in the world is wrong and you guys are right. That must be why the Colts are in such a hurry to sign the guy. The Colts clearly share your view that Vontae is such a great corner that he is worth $10 million+.

Maybe they are just waiting for every other corner to sign so they can make him the highest paid corner in the league. He clearly deserves it.

Verner and Davis are probably going to be paid in the same price range so idk why you think this? Mike Mitchell has had one good season in the NFL. He has free agent bust written all over him.

Can I have a source on this?

Because this is either conjecture or you are currently sitting in a room with Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1985748-nfl-free-agency-2014-latest-updates-on-free-agent-rumors-and-potential-signings

Looks like Davis is gone. All I am saying is that if the Colts felt he was so great, they would pay him accordingly. Perhaps they are willing to pay $9 or $10 million and he just wants more. I think that is too bad because in my opinion the Colts saved his career.

I don't know where he's going but you are 100% right...

If he's not doing a 'tour' he's already got a deal set to be announced Tuesday afternoon...

Verner wont be making any visits, which means he's already got a deal in place. Unless it's with colts we just lost another top cornerI still hope we sign browner and draft baptiste. Vontae way too much money. The colts need to go after Mike Mitchell too

What's so great about Browner? He's one illegal act away for being banned for a year.

I like Jean Baptiste.. But he's never taken a NFL snap..

Vontae is a proven nfl vet who's still getting better..

In a few hours we will have all of our answers..