Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to possibly seek NT upgrade

TKnight24

@HolderStephen: I have good reason to believe NT is a position the #Colts are looking at right now. Unclear which specific players, but it's on wish list

@HolderStephen: I do like Chapman at NT, since some of you asked. I presume team does too. But remember that's a rotational position at interior D line.

Stephen usually makes good posts and everything so I believe him on this part. I don't really believe Franklin is the answer in the middle

How about Pat Sims from Oakland? He's a veteran, he played well last year and he won't cost a ton. Rotate him with Chapman, bring in Jones to rotate with Redding and, maybe Moala, and hope that Hughes makes enough progress to rotate in with Jean-Francois. A draft option I'd be happy with is DaQuan Jones from Penn State. He could play nose tackle or tackle.

Considering the amount of FA D-Lineman they've already brought in, I doubt they are going to sign many more. We have RJF, Matthews, Redding,Aubrayo,etc..And then we have the 2 guys we drafted in Chapman and Hughes. They need to do something about the run defense though. If they want to start at NT that's fine, but if they get another FA one, this one better be worth the money.

I wouldn't mind having both!

Starks played DT in the 3-4 from what I've seen.

Thx, so that'd be redding/Hugh's spot. Or say an Arthur jones if we went that route. I still say the NT is the key for our line. Chapman was decent but think we need a good two man rotation. And Franklin wasn't cutting it. Did improve but we need better.

Thx, so that'd be redding/Hugh's spot. Or say an Arthur jones if we went that route. I still say the NT is the key for our line. Chapman was decent but think we need a good two man rotation. And Franklin wasn't cutting it. Did improve but we need better.

That would be Montori's spot. Redding plays DE. I agree with you that we need 2 NT.

Considering the amount of FA D-Lineman they've already brought in, I doubt they are going to sign many more. We have RJF, Matthews, Redding,Aubrayo,etc..And then we have the 2 guys we drafted in Chapman and Hughes. They need to do something about the run defense though. If they want to start at NT that's fine, but if they get another FA one, this one better be worth the money.

Franklin is a Free Agent.

Rather get a NT late in the draft

Justin Ellis

Chris Davenport

Beau Allen

Donte Rumph

Deandre Coleman

Zach Kerr

Robert Thomas(Really like his upside with some coaching, explosive, long arms. sheds blocks well when he shoots his arms out quick

Zach Moore

Good. Maybe that means Grigson's project, in Hughes can finally see time so he can either prove everyone right or wrong.

Personally, I'd like to see Hughes at NT as little as possible.

He's got Ngata traits...   meaning he's an exceptional athlete for his size.     So, I don't want all that great athleticism wasted in all the trash he'd have to face if he's on the Nose.    He'll face plenty of double teams.    I'd prefer him at DE, away from the nose, so he can use his athletic ability to make plays.

I'm not saying never to Hughes on the nose....   just as little as we can....