Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Dessir

Height: 6'1

Weight: 205

40 yard dash: 4.5

INTS: 13 in 2 seasons

The guy has the size, speed, and talent for sure.  The article below makes me believe he has the work ethic and a good head on his shoulders.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/24/lindenwood-desir-chasing-real-world-dream-at-nfl-combine-long-shot-chance-to/

Here is a pretty good highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrADoRl9FO4

Looks like a ball hawk.  I like how he has LONG arms and goes up and gets the ball.  Pretty sure he had a pick in the senior bowl too.  He may have played against some lower level teams but something stands out to me about this guy.   I think he will be an absolute steal in the 3rd or 4th round.

What do you guys think??

If we don't re-sign Bethea then we don't really have any bigger needs.  I think this guy could be the cover S we want.

I agree if Bethea is re-signed, then 3rd or 4th is too early to get a backup player when other needs could be filled

If we don't re-sign Bethea then we don't really have any bigger needs.  I think this guy could be the cover S we want.

I agree if Bethea is re-signed, then 3rd or 4th is too early to get a backup player when other needs could be filled

Even with Bethea the Roster would have no single deep type safety.

Someone will be starting back there not named Bethea or Landry Some games next season.

I hope whoever it is can ballhawk.

• 3 weeks later...

a huge note of caution on this guy.

Division II

There are NFL teams who shy away from small school division I guys, much less division II.

The conversion from being able to be a star against D-2 nobody's to being good against NFL starters is beyond difficult.

Guys struggle going from the SEC to the NFL.

So,  going from D-2 might take a year or two to adjust.       Buyer beware!

Don't get me wrong.....    I like the kid....   and maybe he's worth a 3?     Maybe?      But this is not a slam dunk pick.....

a huge note of caution on this guy.

Division II

There are NFL teams who shy away from small school division I guys, much less division II.

The conversion from being able to be a star against D-2 nobody's to being good against NFL starters is beyond difficult.

Guys struggle going from the SEC to the NFL.

So, going from D-2 might take a year or two to adjust. Buyer beware!

Don't get me wrong..... I like the kid.... and maybe he's worth a 3? Maybe? But this is not a slam dunk pick.....

I'm completely with you on this, HOWEVER I put more emphasis on your point here with QB's than other positions. Mathis was drafted out of Alabama A&M and Polian stated the main reason he took Mathis was because he completely dominated against his opponents. Now, I don't believe Polian seen Mathis being AS GOOD as he turned out to be, but I agree with Polian in that if your looking at the D2/D3 level they just absolutely have to dominate. I've never heard of this guy, but if he was head and shoulders above his competition at the D2 level I would have to give him a strong look.

I'm completely with you on this, HOWEVER I put more emphasis on your point here with QB's than other positions. Mathis was drafted out of Alabama A&M and Polian stated the main reason he took Mathis was because he completely dominated against his opponents. Now, I don't believe Polian seen Mathis being AS GOOD as he turned out to be, but I agree with Polian in that if your looking at the D2/D3 level they just absolutely have to dominate. I've never heard of this guy, but if he was head and shoulders above his competition at the D2 level I would have to give him a strong look.

Mathis also had 20+ sacks his final year in college. I'm glad Polian gave him a shot here.

Good post.....

I'd add this....

My concern over Dessir is that he's being talked about as a possible 3rd/4th round pick.    It's one thing to miss on a 6 where Mathis was taken...   not as much of an investment.    But if you miss on a 3, then you're sunk.     If we could grab him with our

5 or 6, I'd be much better with that,  but at this point, I don't see that happening.     So, as much as the conversion is an issue,  also where a team drafts him is the other issue.    The higher the pick,  the greater the risk.    And at this point,  I'm trying to keep risk at a minimum for the Colts...

Hope that clarifies my thinking....

Good post.....

I'd add this....

My concern over Dessir is that he's being talked about as a possible 3rd/4th round pick. It's one thing to miss on a 6 where Mathis was taken... not as much of an investment. But if you miss on a 3, then you're sunk. If we could grab him with our

5 or 6, I'd be much better with that, but at this point, I don't see that happening. So, as much as the conversion is an issue, also where a team drafts him is the other issue. The higher the pick, the greater the risk. And at this point, I'm trying to keep risk at a minimum for the Colts...

Hope that clarifies my thinking....

Mathis was a 5th rounder, but yep we are definitely on the same page...

I agree with this assessment as well.  If you go into the pick knowing it will take a year to get going (like it did Mathis), then it's a solid pick, but as NCF said, that's a better gamble with a 5th roudn pick.  If you're going to take that sort of risk in the 3rd round, it should be a guy with 1st or early 2nd round talent and probably at a position where you are drafting for depth.  With Vontae back, that may be the case (but that assumes that Toler stays healthy, and we all know how that panned out this past year).  Now I'm not saying we don't take a strong look at him in the 3rd if he's there, maybe we do.  But this is one of those picks where you're going to reserve judgment for a year or so and if it doesn't pan out, we, the peanut gallery, will be awfully critical. 

Given Chuck Pagano's history of secondary coaching (Ladarius Webb development, Darius Butler resurgence in Indy etc.), I am inclined to think that with Toler's injury history, he may be 1 season away from the Colts cutting ties with him if a series of missed games happens again. So, any CB drafted in round 2 might be just 1 year away from being a starter, IMO.

Pierre Desir might fit the bill, and has the base talent that Pagano's coaches can coach up. Just my two cents.