Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the one non Colt FA you think they sign & who is your late round pick you hope they get?

IMO we need a DE in a bad way. Lawrence Guy would be a solid pickup!!!! But a SURE Quality Starter would be Great!

Redding is Ready for fewer plays.

Mathews doesn`t know where the ball is most of the time and plays Short & Not Stout.
Grigson seems to like him. lol

Moala is athletic enough to play CONTAIN at a 7 or so but is otherwise about a 4 on a 10 scale. Grigson likes him too. lol

If they are playing beside Mathis in particular, that is an EASY Target against the Run. Not Fun to watch.

The FA`s are just names so far. I would hope i could study their tape and NOT be an * and hire someone the equivalent of a SATELE.

That late pick could be for a LB with high football IQ and good speed.

Greg Hardy DE Panthers. He would be a beast opposite Mathis and we MUST improve our pass rush.

I am not sure who is a true late round guy at the moment. I am intrigued with Martavis Bryant WR Clemson and Billy Turner OT North Dakota State but they may end up being mid-round guys.

Greg Hardy DE Panthers. He would be a beast opposite Mathis and we MUST improve our pass rush.

I am not sure who is a true late round guy at the moment. I am intrigued with Martavis Bryant WR Clemson and Billy Turner OT North Dakota State but they may end up being mid-round guys.

Please tell me what position Hardy would play. 

I think above all the first position of need that has to be filled outside of the roster is C. Realistically I'd go with either Eric Dietrich-Smith or Brian De La Puente. Late round pick I like is Matt Hazel, WR out of Coastal Carolina. I don't think we need to draft a WR early, I think we should go with defense or (possibly O-line depending on what we do in FA).

Arthur Jones and Kirby Van Der Camp. Jones is the perfect fit in our scheme. I don't think we pay MacAfee what he will ask for, and we could get similar production from Van Der Camp for a lot less cash. I love Patty Mac, but cant justify giving a punter 3 or 4 million a year.

Please tell me what position Hardy would play. 

Strong side linebacker. He is big enough to stop the run, and athletic enough to drop in coverage. Most importantly, we could get a consistent pass rush from the strong side. We can still groom Werner and he could really back-up both the strong and weak side.

He is actually big enough that in passing situations you could probably play him at end in the 3-4 and bring in Werner as well.

I would rather see us sign a stud than a handful of mediocre back-ups.

Arthur Jones and Kirby Van Der Camp. Jones is the perfect fit in our scheme. I don't think we pay MacAfee what he will ask for, and we could get similar production from Van Der Camp for a lot less cash. I love Patty Mac, but cant justify giving a punter 3 or 4 million a year.

I agree 110%. There is no reason to pay a punter more than $3 million per year. The way our offense is developing, we don't need the top paid punter in the league.

As for touchbacks, we were actually 19th in the league in touchback percentage last season. I think we can replace him with relative ease.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

I agree 110%. There is no reason to pay a punter more than $3 million per year. The way our offense is developing, we don't need the top paid punter in the league.

As for touchbacks, we were actually 19th in the league in touchback percentage last season. I think we can replace him with relative ease.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

He had the 3rd most downed Punts last season....Only 29 of his 76 Punts were returned.....thats tied for 9th........Now for the bad part....On those 29 Punts by Pat our special teams has allowed 396 return yards.....396........Thats 9th most in the league, The following teams have allowed more:

Dolphins-407

Ravens-419

Raiders-438

Bills-477

Jets-488

Texans-530

Redskins-655

Giants-655

All of those teams however have 38 or more Punt Returns

He's been pretty good....Our return coverage however......Not so much....Thats not on Mcafee..Thats because of some god awful tackling

Strong side linebacker. He is big enough to stop the run, and athletic enough to drop in coverage. Most importantly, we could get a consistent pass rush from the strong side. We can still groom Werner and he could really back-up both the strong and weak side.

He is actually big enough that in passing situations you could probably play him at end in the 3-4 and bring in Werner as well.

I would rather see us sign a stud than a handful of mediocre back-ups.

The guy is 290lbs. And you don't sign a guy to a huge contract and hope he can play a new position...ala Warren Sapp.

The guy is 290lbs. And you don't sign a guy to a huge contract and hope he can play a new position...ala Warren Sapp.

Alot of that blame has to go on the Raiders for asking hm to lose weight and play DE where he was nowhere near as affective

Alot of that blame has to go on the Raiders for asking hm to lose weight and play DE where he was nowhere near as affective

He didnt lose that much weight. The Raiders put him at DE in a 34 when he had always been a classic 3 tech....just didn't make any sense. Then they switched back to a 43 and presto, he was good again.

He had the 3rd most downed Punts last season....Only 29 of his 76 Punts were returned.....thats tied for 9th........Now for the bad part....On those 29 Punts by Pat our special teams has allowed 396 return yards.....396........Thats 9th most in the league, The following teams have allowed more:

Dolphins-407

Ravens-419

Raiders-438

Bills-477

Jets-488

Texans-530

Redskins-655

Giants-655

All of those teams however have 38 or more Punt Returns

He's been pretty good....Our return coverage however......Not so much....Thats not on Mcafee..Thats because of some god awful tackling

I am not saying McAfee is bad by any means. I am just saying that I would not want to pay a punter more than $3 million per season. If you draft a guy with a strong leg, you can essentially save $2.5 million+ per season that can go towards another position.