Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pete Carroll

krunk

He could possibly be the new Belichick. He did draft Tedy Bruschi while with the Patriots. He has always had a good eye for talent and just like Belichick's 6th round pick Brady, he has the salary cap friendly 3rd round pick Russell Wilson to work with that has exceeded expectations.

It will be tough to keep Chris Clemons and all the good players past 2015 but 2014, I would have to say the Seahawks are the favorites.

He could possibly be the new Belichick. He did draft Tedy Bruschi while with the Patriots. He has always had a good eye for talent and just like Belichick's 6th round pick Brady, he has the salary cap friendly 3rd round pick Russell Wilson to work with that has exceeded expectations.

It will be tough to keep Chris Clemons and all the good players past 2015 but 2014, I would have to say the Seahawks are the favorites.

He also had a great track record under Siefart in San Francisco.

1995 49ers went 11-5, struggled with injuries all year (they lost both Young and Rice for a number of games) but finished the season with the #1 ranked defense. I think he was involved with their 1994 Super Bowl team too but not entirely positive.

Never have been a fan of his, and his seems to be the kind of coach that will do anything to win including cheat... or at least ignore certain things like performance enhancing drugs. I was not surprised when he talked about allowing players to smoke weed. Roger Goddell too. If the league allows drugs I may tune out.

I want to see how he approaches things in a few years when some of these great players in Seattle have expiring contracts and the Seahawks have a salary cap to deal with.  How will he replace the good talent he is bound to lose at some point?  Is it him or is it John Schneider that is calling the final shot on who to draft and sign?

Never have been a fan of his, and his seems to be the kind of coach that will do anything to win including cheat... or at least ignore certain things like performance enhancing drugs. I was not surprised when he talked about allowing players to smoke weed. Roger Goddell too. If the league allows drugs I may tune out.

Agree completely.  He must have known about the Reggie Bush deal going on at USC and many Seattle players have been suspended by the league for substance abuse or PEDs.  He seems like a nice guy, but I think his morals when it comes to winning are somewhat questionable.

I think he's a great coach.  I like him and Harbaugh.  They're going to have some epic battles in the future.

I also think Seattle will be a force for the foreseeable future.

Could Carol be the next Belichick? Sure.

Could Wilson be his Tom Brady? Yep.

Feels like 2002 all over again. 

I wonder what his legacy will be?  I think he's a heck of a coach.

Is he the new Bellichick? What are your thoughts on him?

My thoughts on Pete...He does a fantastic job at re-inventing himself no matter where he goes USC, NY Jets, NE Patriots. He appears to be an exceptional motivator always knowing what buttons to push on any given player. He always manages to pull in a huge annual salary where ever he lands. He has more natural flowing hair than I could ever dream about in my lifetime. He could sell ice to an eskimo & be a millionaire in 6 months. LOL! 

He stopped Peyton Manning in the SB. What better calling card could you have? 

I'd rather have Pete Carroll win more SBs than Jim Harbaugh I can tell you that right now. Jim is such a referee cry baby. 

Excellent point on Tedy & RW Chad in terms of his eye for spotting diamond in the rough talent. Bravo buddy!  :thmup:  But, RW's god given talents in baseball & football were pretty easy to see. RW was not a risky proposition draft wise at all. Just watch his I.Q. & athleticism on tape.

Pete knew what he had in RW & WI is not as widely known as say Alabama is student athlete exposure wise either. 

RW is gonna have a tremendous new payday with his next contract. 

Excellent point on Tedy & RW Chad in terms of his eye for spotting diamond in the rough talent. Bravo buddy!  :thmup:  But, RW's god given talents in baseball & football were pretty easy to see. RW was not a risky proposition draft wise at all. Just watch his I.Q. & athleticism on tape.

Pete knew what he had in RW & WI is not as widely known as say Alabama is student athlete exposure wise either. 

RW is gonna have a tremendous new payday with his next contract. 

Russell Wilson was a graduate student at Wisconsin, was he not? He transferred from NC State to Wisconsin and hit the ground running as a first year graduate student. In other words, he was a year older than Andrew Luck coming out to the NFL. He is 25 years old now. Luck is 24. There is something to be said about QBs who have success in the NFL, most of them play into their senior year in college after redshirting their junior year. It must help with maturity, IMO.

Pretty impressive job from the 2nd oldest coach in the league. He doesn't look it. 

He had his team ready to play, and they made the Broncos look like they were in slow motion. 

Glad I read down Lolly....

I was going to say who would have thought that Carroll is 62 years old?  Belichick is 61????  He looks about 46 or 47 to me.

So how long will he coach?  I would not want the 18 hour days and all nighters at that age....let alone 8 more when 70 years old.

1.  Tom Coughlin 67

2.  Pete Carroll 62

3.  Bill Belichick 61

4.  Bruce Arians 61

Carroll IMO has a long way to go to be mentioned with Belichick...just look at the NFL resumes.

Glad I read down Lolly....

I was going to say who would have thought that Carroll is 62 years old?  Belichick is 61????  He looks about 46 or 47 to me.

So how long will he coach?  I would not want the 18 hour days and all nighters at that age....let alone 8 more when 70 years old.

1.  Tom Coughlin 67

2.  Pete Carroll 62

3.  Bill Belichick 61

4.  Bruce Arians 61

Carroll IMO has a long way to go to be mentioned with Belichick...just look at the NFL resumes.

I thought old man Coughlin was 80 something...whoops! lol 

I think his legacy will have to be determined after years and stand the test of ... PED, which I doubt they can.

I will not be surprise if after a couple of years Seahawks are tied with PED scandal and maybe returning a couple of trophies. Yes they are good enough to win at least one more but then all the flashlights will be on them. They are strong and quick on the field but not human-strong. Then Manning gets his ring in his retirement.

we need to wait a few years with Carroll....

...he has to stand the test of time..

"Hey defense, we finally let them score on the last play of the third quarter," Carroll sarcastically cracked, drawing boos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323224/article/pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-savor-their-moment

lol if I was a Bronco I'd be so steamed at that comment.

Not very classy but what can they do? The only thing steamed by the broncos last night was their play (a steaming pile of poo). I would have liked to see them put some fight into it but that game just snow balled...and early on when they had a chance to answer they just made it worse. I knew their dumb mistakes would catch up to them eventually but I never expected that OL to get ate up like that. Peyton couldn't step into a throw all night...never saw that coming.

I think his legacy will have to be determined after years and stand the test of ... PED, which I doubt they can.

I will not be surprise if after a couple of years Seahawks are tied with PED scandal and maybe returning a couple of trophies. Yes they are good enough to win at least one more but then all the flashlights will be on them. They are strong and quick on the field but not human-strong. Then Manning gets his ring in his retirement.

Like the Seahawks are the only team using PEDS

When he was hired 90% of fans laughed at the Seahawks. Now he is the next Belichick. Face it, fans have no clue when it comes to coaching.

I always laugh hysterically when fans & TV broadcasters always talk about is this team a dynasty now? Give me a break. Seattle just won the SB. Tap the brakes on repeats or securing 3 more rings in the next 3 seasons. 

Well said BOTT.  :thmup:

Carroll has been giving some excellent interviews into his and John Sneider and Paul Allens way of attaining talent post SB and what he and  looks for, very interesting stuff if your into that sort of thing. I really like much of what he said

Pretty impressive job from the 2nd oldest coach in the league. He doesn't look it. 

He had his team ready to play, and they made the Broncos look like they were in slow motion. 

Slow motion is an excellent description Lollygager. Either that or suspended animation. I knew that Pacific NW defense was good, but not this darn good. Denver with the seasons most prolific offense can only generate 8 points. I was stunned, but I also knew that Hawks would hit 18 & they did. Any QB, hades a high school QB, could have won the SB with Seattle's defense & secondary last night IMO.  

Russell Wilson was a graduate student at Wisconsin, was he not? He transferred from NC State to Wisconsin and hit the ground running as a first year graduate student. In other words, he was a year older than Andrew Luck coming out to the NFL. He is 25 years old now. Luck is 24. There is something to be said about QBs who have success in the NFL, most of them play into their senior year in college after redshirting their junior year. It must help with maturity, IMO.

I've said this before, but baseball really helped RW. The ability to slide, the ability to shake off bad plays, & the ability to realm calm, patient, & even keel regardless of what happens on a diamond.

Naturally knowing that your defense will get you the ball back ASAP is a huge security blanket & piece of mind for RW. Plus, he made the throws when he had to win the game & run the clock out.

Yes, SW1 was wrong about the score & who the Champions would be. I openly acknowledge that. But, I was right about QB RW though. No, I am not bragging BTW just speaking the truth. 

"Hey defense, we finally let them score on the last play of the third quarter," Carroll sarcastically cracked, drawing boos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323224/article/pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-savor-their-moment

lol if I was a Bronco I'd be so steamed at that comment.

I also said this last night after the game, but both Deion Sanders & Michael Irvin are 2 faced liars who always kiss the caboose the SB winner like they knew the outcome all along. Just once, I wanna see a top tier player tell off both these colossal jerks live on the air. Rod Woodson I respected on NFL Network. Not those 2 clowns. They always act like NFL prophets & it makes me sick. Shut the hades up both of you please. 

Yes, the Broncos got beat by a better team but you 2 clowns are not NFL wizards okay. Knock it off you self righteous, pompous, mo rons. End rant...

Yes, I have disdain for the Cowboys, but at least Troy Aikman was more objective about the entire SB & Manning's legacy than Sanders & Irvin was IMO. And I respect Troy for that fact.

Slow motion is an excellent description Lollygager. Either that or suspended animation. I knew that Pacific NW defense was good, but not this darn good. Denver with the seasons most prolific offense can only generate 8 points. I was stunned, but I also knew that Hawks would hit 18 & they did. Any QB, hades a high school QB, could have won the SB with Seattle's defense & secondary last night IMO.  

Even Tim Tebow? :P

I also said this last night after the game, but both Deion Sanders & Michael Irvin are 2 faced liars who always kiss the caboose the SB winner like they knew the outcome all along. Just once, I wanna see a top tier player tell off both these colossal jerks live on the air. Rod Woodson I respected on NFL Network. Not those 2 clowns. They always act like NFL prophets & it makes me sick. Shut the hades up both of you please. 

Yes, the Broncos got beat by a better team but you 2 clowns are not NFL wizards okay. Knock it off you self righteous, pompous, mo rons. End rant...

Yes, I have disdain for the Cowboys, but at least Troy Aikman was more objective about the entire SB & Manning's legacy than Sanders & Irvin was IMO. And I respect Troy for that fact.

Reason why I rarely watch NFL Network after the games...they suck.

I watch ESPN, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Tom Jackson, & Chris Berman are just too good to watch anyone else.

Even Tim Tebow? :P

:lol:  :funny:  lmao  Thanks for making me laugh man. I needed that today. You're all right Icewolf. I like you man.  :thmup: 

Yes, even Tebow could have run for a few 1st downs. Not a slam against 18. Just praising that killer Hawks D. They could have carried me to a victory last night. 

But we do have to give credit to the Seahawks offense, one would have thought they were going to just run the ball for the remainder of the 2nd half after the Percy Harvin TD and run the clock down to 0...but they made some risky throws and paid off.

Reason why I rarely watch NFL Network after the games...they suck.

I watch ESPN, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Tom Jackson, & Chris Berman are just too good to watch anyone else.

Maybe I need to start doing that. I like Shannon Sharpe on CBS too, except when he gets excited talks a little too fast. Steve & Trent are decent analysts too. 

But we do have to give credit to the Seahawks offense, one would have thought they were going to just run the ball for the remainder of the 2nd half after the Percy Harvin TD and run the clock down to 0...but they made some risky throws and paid off.

Yeah, I suppose you have a point there. Percy broke Denver's back & RW got the ball in the endzone more than once. 

Is Manning thinking...Hmmm, maybe I should have heard Pete Carroll's recruitment speech straight out 1st as a free agent before I said no to Seattle straight out? 

I was pondering that thought last night as he held his post game press conference. I'm not piling on just brainstorming outloud. RW wasn't asked to carry the load last night. 

Is Manning thinking...Hmmm, maybe I should have heard Pete Carroll's recruitment speech straight out 1st as a free agent before I said no to Seattle straight out? 

I was pondering that thought last night as he held his post game press conference. I'm not piling on just brainstorming outloud. RW wasn't asked to carry the load last night. 

Don't you think Manning actually enjoys carrying the load? Going to Seattle or SF he's probably having another ring by now, but more than just winning I think he likes to win in his own way, which is not always welcomed everywhere especially for coach with strong personality. Don't you think Mike McCoy going to San Diego also wants to prove sth.?

I think they just talked about the recruiting, but both sides knew it was not serious. Remember Carroll said when he received Manning's call (isn't it strange for the interviewee to be called?) he was asked by Manning what plan Seahawks had for him and Carroll didn't know at the point.

Don't you think Manning actually enjoys carrying the load? Going to Seattle or SF he's probably having another ring by now, but more than just winning I think he likes to win in his own way, which is not always welcomed everywhere especially for coach with strong personality. Don't you think Mike McCoy going to San Diego also wants to prove sth.?

I think they just talked about the recruiting, but both sides knew it was not serious. Remember Carroll said when he received Manning's call (isn't it strange for the interviewee to be called?) he was asked by Manning what plan Seahawks had for him and Carroll didn't know at the point.

Always being expected to be the lynch pin to fill any weakness & put a team on your shoulders is a heavy & daunting burden. Yes, 18 had a tremendous o-line, nice WRs, & capable RBs, but Manning was always deemed the eraser always being asked to overcome or climb out of a deep hole.  Both INDY & Denver were not great teams before 18 landed there as the starting QB. Both offenses in both cities expected his intellect & experience to bring both organizations multiple titles as a symbolic field general savior. 

Don't bring up Tim Tebow either. That season was just luck & a stout defense that kept the opponent's scoring low enough for Tebow to make a few throws & somehow win. 

I have no idea how serious the meeting or brief encounter was & neither do you actually. Besides, Peyton seemed pretty locked into working with John Elway IMO so I have no idea whether Peyton actually listened closely to what Pete Carroll & owner Paul Allen was truly offering him roster wise, team facility wise, & salary wise. I will concede that Pete Carroll attempting to meet with Peyton Manning was a shot in the dark with very unfavorable odds at successfully getting 18 to sign on the dotted line in Seattle, but again, I doubt that Manning considered that team a SB contender at that time. I sure as hades didn't back then. So I can't blame Peyton for saying no either. 

You do make me contemplate whether or not Peyton & Pete had similar philosophies, management styles, & could have meshed personality wise though given how Pete left USC before major college sanctions were handed down just before Pete left for a huge NFL payday though. Peyton does care about winning games fairly with no foul play or PEDs etc. or cutting any corners.

Peyton did seem pretty determined to stay within the AFC though. I will admit that & he has his entire NFL history with that conference & probably didn't want to face his brother Eli more frequently either. 

Slightly off topic: How did Pete Carroll get that large scratch on his face anyway? Did he royally tick off a female Broncos fan by mocking Peyton Manning & the woman scratched him with her long long fancy fingernails or something? LOL! Only teasing! 

Look at his right facial cheek...Click on the image to make the image larger...

1391409148000-USP-NFL-Super-Bowl-XLVIII-