Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Orakpo Pro Bowl trade thoughts.

Black-Vell

I agree I feel WR is a need also I feel like if wayne or Hilton get lost for the season we will be in the same position like this year we need to add depth to this position

Doesn't matter what wr's, rb's, te's cb's, s's or lbers we have if we don't have good lines on BOTH sides if the ball. Thomas went down and our line took a huge drop.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I feel WR is a need also I feel like if wayne or Hilton get lost for the season we will be in the same position like this year we need to add depth to this position

I don't like how this is said. If anything, we need to add a top receiver to this group like Eric Decker to prepare for the future. The worst thing we can do at the position is depth signings that will never be used unless there's a major injury. Either go all the way with a major signing at WR that will be here starting during and after Reggie is here, or sign a bunch of UDFA's after the draft and hope one hits big. If they don't, we can release them and still have our current WR corps at no loss.

WR is a need. why do people think not? because Rodgers? seriously i liekd the kid, but we have a 5 game sample and of those 2 spectacular games the rest were just ok.

we cant go next season with reggie wayne rehabbing and the rest of the guys. if reggie is slow or someone injures we have no depth....do people forget the anemic offense we had for like 4 weeks?

im sure we will either draft or sign one WR. it is a need.

disclaimer: i chose 5 because i really dont remember how many games rodgers started. but it was something like that

We need a better QB to receiver combo that will ONLY get better with practice.

Andrew isn`t mentally capable of using anywhere Near all he has NOW!

Grigson picks SUCK Lineman, so does CHUCKIE, and Andrew came with a Poor short game and has a long way to go.

We need a better QB to receiver combo that will ONLY get better with practice.

Andrew isn`t mentally capable of using anywhere Near all he has NOW!

Grigson picks SUCK Lineman, so does CHUCKIE, and Andrew came with a Poor short game and has a long way to go.

If you ever post anything positive and not complaining about something(whether true or not), I think I'll start preparing for Armageddon. 

Hakeem Nicks is TRASH!!!! I don't understand why his name keeps popping up on this forum. The dude is outright garbage & injury prone. Why would you pay for a bum like him?!

I don't think Nicks is trash, but I certainly do not want Grigson to start wasting money on guy's like him.(I mean skill players in general.) I don't want this team turned into what Polian done here for yrs.. Spend the money on the trenches and upgrade other defensive positions. Don't throw big money at the offensive skill positions. Luck can do just fine with the weapons he has right now if we can build a good O-line. We don't need to spend cap money on FA WR's.

I don't think Nicks is trash, but I certainly do not want Grigson to start wasting money on guy's like him.(I mean skill players in general.) I don't want this team turned into what Polian done here for yrs.. Spend the money on the trenches and upgrade other defensive positions. Don't throw big money at the offensive skill positions. Luck can do just fine with the weapons he has right now if we can build a good O-line. We don't need to spend cap money on FA WR's.

No. DHB is trash. Hakeem Nicks is a good receiver.

Nicks is trash in my eyes. Now, he'd probably beat out Whalen or Brazill on the depth chart but what good would it do if he gets injured week 1? He's injury prone. And we don't need them. Don't need any WR in the NFL. We have a young WR core (aside from Reggie but you could make the argument he moves great for his age)

I don't see any need for Nicks. Especially when it's gotta be a better option at WR than Nicks

Nicks is trash in my eyes. Now, he'd probably beat out Whalen or Brazill on the depth chart but what good would it do if he gets injured week 1? He's injury prone. And we don't need them. Don't need any WR in the NFL. We have a young WR core (aside from Reggie but you could make the argument he moves great for his age)

I don't see any need for Nicks. Especially when it's gotta be a better option at WR than Nicks

He's only missed like 10 games in his career. You seem to be overstating his injury-proneness.

I completely agree and some fans always want more skill position guys no matter what. If we had Megatron, Andre Johnson, and A.J. Green, some fans would want us to sign or trade for another top WR. I said all last offseason, Colts fans are obsessed with the WR position and it's annoying as hell.

I completely agree and some fans always want more skill position guys no matter what. If we had Megatron, Andre Johnson, and A.J. Green, some fans would want us to sign or trade for another top WR. I said all last offseason, Colts fans are obsessed with the WR position and it's annoying as hell.

Well they better become Miami Dolphin fans. Grigson said he doesn't chase names

Most "known" player we signed last off-season was probably Laron Landry

Well, from my perspective. Cause I didn't know Cherlius, Thomas, or Walden. 

Well, I knew Walden but for the wrong reasons once Kap went off the Packers defense in that playoff game last year

Well they better become Miami Dolphin fans. Grigson said he doesn't chase names

Most "known" player we signed last off-season was probably Laron Landry

Well, from my perspective. Cause I didn't know Cherlius, Thomas, or Walden. 

Well, I knew Walden but for the wrong reasons once Kap went off the Packers defense in that playoff game last year

Yeah, some are going to be really disappointed again this offseason IMO. Those fans that are constantly clamoring for WR's or Mack, Byrd, Arakpo, or any other "BIG" named FA, are going to be suicidal when we go after mid tier guy's again to fix more area's of need instead of sinking a big part of our cap on 1 or 2 guys. 

Yeah, some are going to be really disappointed again this offseason IMO. Those fans that are constantly clamoring for WR's or Mack, Byrd, Arakpo, or any other "BIG" named FA, are going to be suicidal when we go after mid tier guy's again to fix more area's of need instead of sinking a big part of our cap on 1 or 2 guys. 

I don't mind Grigson's "Spread the wealth" mentality. It was looking good until the injury bug just dismantled the team. Donald Thomas was pretty solid. Laron was the league leader in tackles before his injury & when he came back just played awful. 

Didn't even get to see Sidbury or Hickman in action. Bradshaw was a mad man until that crushing hit to the neck Whtiner I believe gave him.

The FA class wasn't as bad as people make it seem. But when you have 10+ people on IR,not much you can do. Especially when most of them are starters. Chemistry falls & talent falls when you lose starters

I don't mind Grigson's "Spread the wealth" mentality. It was looking good until the injury bug just dismantled the team. Donald Thomas was pretty solid. Laron was the league leader in tackles before his injury & when he came back just played awful. 

Didn't even get to see Sidbury or Hickman in action. Bradshaw was a mad man until that crushing hit to the neck Whtiner I believe gave him.

The FA class wasn't as bad as people make it seem. But when you have 10+ people on IR,not much you can do. Especially when most of them are starters. Chemistry falls & talent falls when you lose starters

Exactly my thoughts. I honestly believe that if we could have stayed even 50% healthier than we were able too, we could have went further in the playoffs and possibly even got to the SB. Injuries were ridiculous this season and it killed us in so many area's. I think Grigson goes after mid level FA's again this offseason and upgrades several positions and we'll be sitting pretty next season. If we can just fix the O-line, this team will take a huge step forward.

Just my thoughts, but, isn't it interesting that C Pagano traded R Mathis for B Orakpo? B Orakpo is a FA right? Was it an early job assessment or possible interview? We know what we got in R Mathis, but could you imagine how quickly business would pick up with Orakpo and Mathis on each end? Easily better than T Hali and J Houston in KC.

We already have established to FA's that we will spend. We spent on E Walden and a lot of other unproven youngsters. With Walden and Werner in the rotation and locked for a few years, i think we could sign Orakpo and be good with time to develop Mathis' replacement. This gets me excited but I know its waaaay to early to speculate.

My FA Wish List: B Orakpo and H Nicks. New York cant keep him after paying V Cruz all that money last year, right. I believe with H Nicks all we need to focus on is the OL. With Orakpo, I see our DB's needing less time in coverage. Just my thoughts.   

H Nicks?   seriously?  

Bring back Davis, and Vinny...    for sure.   PattyMac was not a "3 M dollar a year punter last season" he is replaceable.

Sign James Jones and the BEST OL out there in FA.

Draft Borland or any IMLB that is worth a dang early (first pick, in our second round). 

If any dough is left go get a FS.

JMO

He is LAZY, DISINTERESTED, and A DIVA. 

Dude is always on the injury report.      NEVER PRACTICES.    

This guy is a cancer.     Sure he has only missed 10 games...    but look at his stats over the last 4 seasons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NickHa01.htm

You really WANT "this" guy?  

Pass please.

He's only missed like 10 games in his career. You seem to be overstating his injury-proneness.

He is LAZY, DISINTERESTED, and A DIVA. 

Dude is always on the injury report.      NEVER PRACTICES.    

This guy is a cancer.     Sure he has only missed 10 games...    but look at his stats over the last 4 seasons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NickHa01.htm

You really WANT "this" guy?  

Pass please.

I didn't say I wanted him.

I don't understand some people on here. We need a pass rusher. Robert Mathis is not getting any younger. I think about 70% of our issues on defense came from the lack of another pass rusher besides 98. Yes, we did draft Werner, but what happens if Mathis goes down? That single injury would probably be worse for us than Reggie's was. If we can get Orakpo for a manageable salary, then we are absolutely a better team. It would make our secondary so much better. If a receiver has all day to get open, he will and a qb with that much time will find him. That is why average qb's looked good against us. Look at the Chiefs game in the playoffs. No pass rush, we get torched.

so asking for Sanders or doug baldwin is nuts because WR is "not a need"? and not in Grigs dna

even Maclin

If you're talking Emanuel Sanders from Pittsburgh we don't need anymore speed guys. Doug Baldwin is an average WR in my eyes. And Maclin is coming off a torn acl. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

WR would be pointless to put any money into when you have Andrew Luck as your QB. He makes others around him better. We need to protect him. Get protection & it doesn't matter who's out there at WR.

And it's not like our WR's are terrible aside from DHB. But all the other guys stepped up huge & are the reason we even did anything in the playoffs.

LOL,

I can just hear it now, someone says, "sure the Colts have Megatron, Andre Johnson and Green but what if two of them get hurt then what will the Colts do?  I think they really need to address their lack of depth."

I don't understand some people on here. We need a pass rusher. Robert Mathis is not getting any younger. I think about 70% of our issues on defense came from the lack of another pass rusher besides 98. Yes, we did draft Werner, but what happens if Mathis goes down? That single injury would probably be worse for us than Reggie's was. If we can get Orakpo for a manageable salary, then we are absolutely a better team. It would make our secondary so much better. If a receiver has all day to get open, he will and a qb with that much time will find him. That is why average qb's looked good against us. Look at the Chiefs game in the playoffs. No pass rush, we get torched.

The lack of pass rush was not the reason the Chiefs built a 28 point lead, it was more poor LB play and letting the receiver get too many yards after little dink and dunk or swing passes and letting their back-up running back gash them for 3-4-5 yards at a time.

LOL,

I can just hear it now, someone says, "sure the Colts have Megatron, Andre Johnson and Green but what if two of them get hurt then what will the Colts do? I think they really need to address their lack of depth."

That is exactly what some here would post. It's almost embarrassing to see ignorant posts like that, but it happens all the time here.

The lack of pass rush was not the reason the Chiefs built a 28 point lead, it was more poor LB play and letting the receiver get too many yards after little dink and dunk or swing passes and letting their back-up running back gash them for 3-4-5 yards at a time.

The lack of a pass rush definitely had a hand in the giant pass play to Avery and Bowe. Alex Smith had all day to throw most of the day.

The lack of a pass rush definitely had a hand in the giant pass play to Avery and Bowe. Alex Smith had all day to throw most of the day.

The long pass to Avery was a blown coverage not a lack of pass rush, the only way a pass rusher would have impacted that play would have been if he were unblocked and then it probably still would have been a TD.  Also Smith did not have "all day to throw most of the day,"  Many times he scramble for positive yards when the pocket started to break down and again, most of his passes were within 7 yards or less in the air... that is called a dink and dunk passing game and when a team does that the pass rush is not going to make much difference.

If you're talking Emanuel Sanders from Pittsburgh we don't need anymore speed guys. Doug Baldwin is an average WR in my eyes. And Maclin is coming off a torn acl. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

WR would be pointless to put any money into when you have Andrew Luck as your QB. He makes others around him better. We need to protect him. Get protection & it doesn't matter who's out there at WR.

And it's not like our WR's are terrible aside from DHB. But all the other guys stepped up huge & are the reason we even did anything in the playoffs.

Yes sanders from pit...im not talking about long term, i agree he is a speedy guy but at least you have a deppendable guy and DEPTH. Baldwin? yea i want baldwin he is the only passing weapon on seattle Offense and is exactly what we lack : a solid route runner who gets open, move sthe chain with the eventual deep pass. he is a perfect fit on pep's offense. and again this is just depth while we go out and draft #1 wr next draft.

also peterson got his knee blown on the LAST game of the regular....maclin was injured before training camp...not comparable

No. DHB is trash. Hakeem Nicks is a good receiver.

The problem is, enough with the stop gap Donnie Avery, DHB, and potentially Hakeem Nicks 1 year experiments.

Lets fork out some decent cash to get young talent like Emmanuel Sanders, or Julian Edelman for a 3 or 4 yr. contract and normally, you will get what you pay for since they are young and hungry, IMO. Jeremy Maclin is an outside shot but is very much similar to Hakeem Nicks on the injury front. Sanders or Edelman would probably be better ROI.

The problem is, enough with the stop gap Donnie Avery, DHB, and potentially Hakeem Nicks 1 year experiments.

Lets fork out some decent cash to get young talent like Emmanuel Sanders, or Julian Edelman for a 3 or 4 yr. contract and normally, you will get what you pay for since they are young and hungry, IMO. Jeremy Maclin is an outside shot but is very much similar to Hakeem Nicks on the injury front. Sanders or Edelman would probably be better ROI.

Well, Sanders isn't good and Julian Edleman is a slot receiver (we already have one of those). Nicks at least has a lot of potential so I understand if Grigs brings him in. Not that I'm campaigning for him or something.

no to all

WR is a need. why do people think not? because Rodgers? seriously i liekd the kid, but we have a 5 game sample and of those 2 spectacular games the rest were just ok.

we cant go next season with reggie wayne rehabbing and the rest of the guys. if reggie is slow or someone injures we have no depth....do people forget the anemic offense we had for like 4 weeks?

Unless we get a WR that can block on the OL or can cover on D like Sherman then we can wait. I think we will bring in a UDFA WR that may or may not make the team.We just have too many positions to fill that is way more important C, RG, ILB, S, CB, DL depth.

The way I see it, we are a year away from drafting a 2nd or 3rd rounder or spending money on a FA #2 receiver.

If Allen and Fleener can both stay healthy that changes this entire offense next season. Wayne will be back in the slot. We will have receiving weapons we just really need to use the money on keeping Luck healthy. And D obviously.

Unless we get a WR that can block on the OL or can cover on D like Sherman then we can wait. I think we will bring in a UDFA WR that may or may not make the team.We just have too many positions to fill that is way more important C, RG, ILB, S, CB, DL depth.

The way I see it, we are a year away from drafting a 2nd or 3rd rounder or spending money on a FA #2 receiver.

If Allen and Fleener can both stay healthy that changes this entire offense next season. Wayne will be back in the slot. We will have receiving weapons we just really need to use the money on keeping Luck healthy. And D obviously.

im not saying we will go get a marquee #1 WR... im saying we will get someone who is reliable a la doug baldwin. we need depth.