Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard uses Reggie as motivation in rehab

TYhaze

It's nice to see something anything written about Ballard actually. I wish INDY fans could get an update about his health though. 

Reggie's always been a model citizen & fantastic mentor. Nothing new there. But, I want a progress report on Vick. Where is he at right now? How far along in he in his rehab? Give me details, the nitty gritty man. 

Posting a story like that makes me root harder for Ballard, but again, it also makes me question his current recovery timetable too. I guess it's good that 2 INDY teammates get to inspire 1 another. 

Wayne is definitely an asset on the team.  What I find amusing is back on the Indy star forum many posters considered him a bust after his first two years and didn't think he had the talent to be the #2 WR next to Harrison.  What is also amusing when the new regime took over many posters on this forum wanted the Colts to sign Garcon and let Wayne walk because he was too old and past his prime. 

Now, even with the injury you would have a hard time finding someone to actually admit they felt that way.

Vick Ballard had been forgotten by most in this forum,Im not one that did,He was the best we had ,and was going to be a major key in our season along with Allen at TE.You throw  in the loss of All Pro Reggie,and what this team did was amazing IMO.We do need to upgrade OL more ,I think anyone knows this.

T-Rich and Ballard as our 1-2 punch on the ground...I'm fine with that. Bradshaw as 3rd string would be even greater. The Colts could be like the Broncos in the beginning of the season when all of their running-backs got playing time with Moreno, Ball, and HIllman. Competition at the running-back position could bring out the best in each other.

Wayne is definitely an asset on the team.  What I find amusing is back on the Indy star forum many posters considered him a bust after his first two years and didn't think he had the talent to be the #2 WR next to Harrison.  What is also amusing when the new regime took over many posters on this forum wanted the Colts to sign Garcon and let Wayne walk because he was too old and past his prime. 

Now, even with the injury you would have a hard time finding someone to actually admit they felt that way.

A lot of people were down on Reggie, especially after his first year. Once he had some time working out with Marvin in the off season he started to "get it", and he's never lost it. You've got to hand it to Reggie.  He's been one of the hardest working guys in the NFL for many years, and living proof that the effort that goes into the off season shows up on the field when the games matter. He's been a pleasure to watch over the years, and it will be bittersweet to see him enshrined in Canton when his playing days are over.

We need to get Reggie and Vick back and stronger then ever. We could have the best collection of running backs ever assembled on 1 team in NFL history. Name me a team, in NFL history, to have 4 backs better then what we currently have on our roster