Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darren Sharper (former Saints DB and NFLN analyst) arrested on suspicion of rape.

Dustin

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a lot of people think that these people are rich so automatically it's a fake rape case. And people judge how the girl looks and where she comes from. I for one don't really care cause these girls tend to be trusting these rich atheletes cause they are in TV and so I can care less

I don't believe that men should be automatically arrested for these types of things. Any girl could come out and said it happened. Very sad and hope that this is untrue

They couldn't have arrested him unless there was at least a little bit of evidence. Not saying he did it and not saying he didn't, but officers don't arrest people without cause.

They couldn't have arrested him unless there was at least a little bit of evidence. Not saying he did it and not saying he didn't, but officers don't arrest people without cause.

......as much anymore.

Well, unless you're in Chicago, then anything goes....historically.

Well a lot of people think that these people are rich so automatically it's a fake rape case. And people judge how the girl looks and where she comes from. I for one don't really care cause these girls tend to be trusting these rich atheletes cause they are in TV and so I can care less

Wow. This post tries to debunk and reinforce stereotypes at the same time. I don't know what to think about this.

Wrong. You can be arrested on a woman's word that you raped, abused, or assaulted her.

I don't believe that men should be automatically arrested for these types of things. Any girl could come out and said it happened. Very sad and hope that this is untrue

Men are not arrested simply because some woman said that she was assaulted by some guy.

There's much, much more involved in the process.

Doesn't mean he's guilty,  but it means there's a reasonable level of suspicion that a crime MAY have been committed.

Men are not arrested simply because some woman said that she was assaulted by some guy.

Doesn't mean he's guilty,  but it means there's a reasonable level of suspicion that a crime MAY have been committed.

Not to start a whole thing, but men go to prison for YEARS based off of what a woman said he did to her. Only for her to recant it completely, saying she made it all up.

Your last line there is basically saying that all you need is a person's word.

Wrong. You can be arrested on a woman's word that you raped, abused, or assaulted her.

Where? In what city/county/state/country?

There are many examples of a woman accusing a man of rape or sexual assault, and the man not being arrested. It's at the officer's discretion. If they believe there is probable cause, they'll make an arrest. If the woman's story is plainly and obviously bogus, they usually don't. 

And of course, an arrest doesn't prove anything. The arresting officer is not responsible for figuring out what actually happened, or who is telling the truth.

Where? In what city/county/state/country?

There are many examples of a woman accusing a man of rape or sexual assault, and the man not being arrested. It's at the officer's discretion. If they believe there is probable cause, they'll make an arrest. If the woman's story is plainly and obviously bogus, they usually don't. 

And of course, an arrest doesn't prove anything. The arresting officer is not responsible for figuring out what actually happened, or who is telling the truth.

In every city in America? You just answered you own question in your second line, dude. In bold.

Not to start a whole thing, but men go to prison for YEARS based off of what a woman said he did to her. Only for her to recant it completely, saying she made it all up.

Your last line there is basically saying that all you need is a person's word.

No....   you're misreading...

What I'm  saying is that they don't arrest on say-so...    anyone can say-so...

They arrest because there's also physical evidence and/or eye witness testimony....   and/or the suspect says something that can proven false...

I'm saying there's always something more than just one person's word against another.   That person's word alone isn't enough to arrest someone.

No....   you're misreading...

What I'm  saying is that they don't arrest on say-so...    anyone can say-so...

They arrest because there's also physical evidence and/or eye witness testimony....   and/or the suspect says something that can proven false...

I'm saying there's always something more than just one person's word against another.   That person's word alone isn't enough to arrest someone.

Sorry, I have heard too many times about a wife/husband girlfriend/boyfriend having an argument and the woman calling the cops and saying he hit her, and them coming and throwing him in jail for the night, to say that it doesn't happen like that.

Sorry, I have heard too many times about a wife/husband girlfriend/boyfriend having an argument and the woman calling the cops and saying he hit her, and them coming and throwing him in jail for the night, to say that it doesn't happen like that.

Right.

But he doesn't get thrown in jail simply because she said he hit her.

He's get thrown in jail because she has a black eye,  or a cut lip,  or another badly bruised body part.

In other words, the evidence matches her complaint.   It's not just her word.    There is other evidence.

He gives a statement and his words don't add up to the evidence.   

It's not just her word,  it's other factors in addition.

Hope that clarifies......

Not that I am sticking up for him because Im certainly not, this will all play itself out in time but people that are famous are seen as dollar signs by many that are less fortunate then them, Thats simply a fact. Now like I said this case will play itself for or against him one way or the other but its very very easy for a woman to cry rape and its not necessarily be true, Literally all she really needs is a semen sample of said player or individual, Doesn't have to be any bruising or scarring, Its happened before and it will again, Not to get graphic but some people like it a little rough even something like that if a woman pulls a 180 after that she can file a report and conceivably get away with it, Now Im not saying there are tons of men in prison or jail on false rape charges, Many are guilty of that but there are plenty that are rotting in prison or jail under false accusations, Maybe he did it.....Maybe he didn't but none of us know and sure should NOT be making judgements on if he did or didn't based on seeing his personality over a tv show or Twitter (not that everyone will do that...But many will either here or elsewhere)

I'm a bit speechless at the posts in here

I understand that there is concern about false charges and men in jail wrongfully

But violence against women (and children) is real, regardless of the merits of this particular case.

Certainly there are men in jail innocent of rape charges.  There are also men who have murdered their wives/girl friends/children..........who have gone free

Room for outrage all around on the justice system

Let's not pretend that men are the only victims

i would hate to be a victim of such a crime and have some of the posters here sitting on a jury in the trial against my attacker. Little is known to the public regarding the particulars of this case. It might be a good idea to weigh the evidence once revealed and then comment. I feel bad for women who read this thread.

There is no defending to the men who commit these. They absolutely deserve the punishment.

Having said that, in today's world some of the laws are setup for exploitation and it varies a lot based on the geography you are in.

Everything has a cause and affect. Both genders play equal part in most of the scenarios. Wish laws are not biased based on genders for human rights.

Hardly the thread for "humor". 

Let the mods decide what this thread is for. Hope you realize this is a football forum. BHC and i , actually included football to our posts.

Its funny how you try to portray that you are only saviour left and others don't care about it.

Let the mods decide what this thread is for. Hope you realize this is a football forum. BHC and i , actually included football to our posts.

Its funny how you try to portray that you are only saviour left and others don't care about it.

thanks for clarifying my position on a topic you clearly have a grasp of. Keep up the good work

Doesn't mean he's guilty, but it means there's a reasonable level of suspicion that a crime MAY have been committed.

Google Brian Banks. It happens all the time. The unfortunate thing about it, besides the obvious, many women who have actually been assaulted arent always taken seriously because of cases like the Banks case.