Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

Just a question for everyone on TR. If in 2014, he gets 800 yds and averages 3.6 ypc, and catches 40 passes for 280 yds at 7.0 yp reception.  And scores 8 rushing TDs and 2 receiving TDs, will you consider him a very good player, a decent player or a disappointing player?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board is crazy. Trent was not overly impressive this season, however, when he got in open space (like nearly every time he caught a screen pass out of the backfield) he looked very good and consistently made at least 1 person miss or ran through one person. (I will admit that when the d-line got penetration on power run plays, it seemed like he went down with a shoe-string tackle way too much)

3rd and 1.... Colts in the I-formation.... Richardson gets the hand-off up the middle... He is hit 1 yard in the back field and manages to push through for a 1 yard gain for a first down.... Colts Board's reaction - "I can't believe this scrub can't even rush for 3 ypc! Cut him!"

I'm kinda new to this board. i was sorta wish'n some of you folks were more than just weekend and board fans. I'm not too impressed with the comments on this topic. it tends to make me think that most board followers were drummers and science geeks in HS. The above dude is kinda new also and his comment seems out of bounds with the average poster here. let me help you guys with something. First I'm a Bama fan but that trade for TR was really stupid...but not because TR sucks....he does not. What sucks is the Colts OLine. HINT! QBs for the past 10 years, be it Manning or Smthington or Luck, have had to develop a pretty sweet way to duck and dodge pass rushers or they get killed. Smithington didn't do so good in this area. AND our running game has sucked for some time now too. COULD there be a collation? Ya think? Trading for TR and drafting Luck, for that matter, was like buying a bunch of skating equipment the minute you here a rink might be coming to your town. That might not sound so weird to youz guys, but down here, skating on frozen lakes in January will get your name in the paper, in a bad way. I'm kinda stuck on this 'Get an OLine first" thing. Getting handed the ball and your * at the exact same time IS NOT going down by a shoe string tackle. Please. The game is still mostly determined by the big men and trying to without good ones is still stupid. So, lets get some good ones.  

I'm kinda new to this board. i was sorta wish'n some of you folks were more than just weekend and board fans. I'm not too impressed with the comments on this topic. it tends to make me think that most board followers were drummers and science geeks in HS. The above dude is kinda new also and his comment seems out of bounds with the average poster here. let me help you guys with something. First I'm a Bama fan but that trade for TR was really stupid...but not because TR sucks....he does not. What sucks is the Colts OLine. HINT! QBs for the past 10 years, be it Manning or Smthington or Luck, have had to develop a pretty sweet way to duck and dodge pass rushers or they get killed. Smithington didn't do so good in this area. AND our running game has sucked for some time now too. COULD there be a collation? Ya think? Trading for TR and drafting Luck, for that matter, was like buying a bunch of skating equipment the minute you here a rink might be coming to your town. That might not sound so weird to youz guys, but down here, skating on frozen lakes in January will get your name in the paper, in a bad way. I'm kinda stuck on this 'Get an OLine first" thing. Getting handed the ball and your * at the exact same time IS NOT going down by a shoe string tackle. Please. The game is still mostly determined by the big men and trying to without good ones is still stupid. So, lets get some good ones.

Who the hell is Smithington?

You for the most part jumped into a Hatfield and McCoy thread.  Please read through other threads before determining a 'trend.'  This to me is as bad of a thread as can be with the same things being said by Trent Haters over and over.

I just come to this thread to get my daily chuckle...and throw in a joke or 2.  :)

Well, I'm too old to read every one of these posts. I stopped buying green bananas last week too. But, it did seem that we had a large number of folks who weren't aware that to have a runner run it requires blocking. If the others, who know this, gave up 234 posts ago, then I'm sorry.

BTW, Smithington, not sure of the name, was the QB between Manning and Luck. I believe the Colts fielded a team that year....just can't recall the QB or QBs....there may have been several.  Whatever their names...they sucked regardless of names.

This is my last post until tomorrow. I'm a restricted poster. My rehab will be over soon.

Well, I'm too old to read every one of these posts. I stopped buying green bananas last week too. But, it did seem that we had a large number of folks who weren't aware that to have a runner run it requires blocking. If the others, who know this, gave up 234 posts ago, then I'm sorry.

BTW, Smithington, not sure of the name, was the QB between Manning and Luck. I believe the Colts fielded a team that year....just can't recall the QB or QBs....there may have been several.  Whatever their names...they sucked regardless of names.

This is my last post until tomorrow. I'm a restricted poster. My rehab will be over soon.

I can't argue with wanting a tough OL.   We will see if Grigson's bargain free agents and third and fourth round picks can be pile movers.  All we can do is hope for the best.  My favorite lineman right now is Cherilus.  If Thomas turns out to be as good as Cherilus, then we are probably in good shape.  Here's hoping for Cyril Richardson, Russell Bodine, JuWuan James, Spencer Long or Brandon Thomas.  You have to keep in mind though, that there will not always be a hole you can drive a truck through.  The runner does have a responsibility to find an opening.

i was sorta wish'n some of you folks were more than just weekend and board fans... be it Manning or Smthington or Luck...

Only the true fans know that Smithington had no chance behind the Colts line.  Weekend or board fans blame Smithington.. but we know better :scared:

BTW, Smithington, not sure of the name, was the QB between Manning and Luck. I believe the Colts fielded a team that year....just can't recall the QB or QBs....there may have been several. Whatever their names...they sucked regardless of names.

You're such a huge fan, you don't know the names of the qbs who played in 2011

You're such a huge fan, you don't know the names of the qbs who played in 2011

I see your point...but swirl this around in yer head....if you were a bit unstable and major disappointments had the potential to send you over the edge...would you wanna risk running through the streets in only your socks and wrist bands if you had to recall the name of the QBs from....that season.

So, Big Fan....small memory about stuff that makes me crazy.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2014 - Baiting
Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2014 - Baiting

I'm kinda new to this board. i was sorta wish'n some of you folks were more than just weekend and board fans. I'm not too impressed with the comments on this topic. it tends to make me think that most board followers were drummers and science geeks in HS. The above dude is kinda new also and his comment seems out of bounds with the average poster here. let me help you guys with something. 

Welcome

Please do take some time to watch how other posters stay within the rules

We are serious about being civil here and jumping into a thread to tell everyone you  don't think much of them........is baiting.

If the topic is not to your liking, find one that is.

Thank you

You for the most part jumped into a Hatfield and McCoy thread.  Please read through other threads before determining a 'trend.'  This to me is as bad of a thread as can be with the same things being said by Trent Haters over and over.

I just come to this thread to get my daily chuckle...and throw in a joke or 2.   :)

Well, since you haven't been here yet today, here's your chuckle for the day.

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

A Fssshhhh

I see your point...but swirl this around in yer head....if you were a bit unstable and major disappointments had the potential to send you over the edge...would you wanna risk running through the streets in only your socks and wrist bands if you had to recall the name of the QBs from....that season.

So, Big Fan....small memory about stuff that makes me crazy.

Yeah, this post doesn't help your credibly

I had the exact same reaction.  But ti's even funnier when like a 6 year old kid does it.  When I my daughter is around that age, hopefully she'll be missing both of her front teeth when she does it. lol

That is funny...I am going to try it.  My kids will laugh hysterically!  :)

Welcome

Please do take some time to watch how other posters stay within the rules

We are serious about being civil here and jumping into a thread to tell everyone you  don't think much of them........is baiting.

If the topic is not to your liking, find one that is.

Thank you

Actually, I don't do baiting. I say what I mean...except when I'm totally lying....but I never lie to gain an advantage. Doing that is basically the same as being a thief and I don't do that.  I WILL lie to make a point. I've said this before on another board but its true....we aren't like real people here. We really don't have the important characteristics of real people. We don't have all the rights of a real person, we post at the mercy of mods who don't have the luxury of actually knowing us and hearing us say what we're saying. If you get your feeling hurt on a board....well, I'm still at a loss to account for a personality who would allow unnamed and faceless icons cause them to drop down two notches in self esteem. I type funny stuff because that's how I think. I like boards because I can say stuff I can't say for real. If you nameless and faceless icons don't like me then I can be asked to go away. I do this for my own entertainment not to feel better about myself. One day, if the mood strikes, I might hint at being a lawyer and give my opinion on some legal issue. It might fool some folks...so what. The comment about being civil is great. I believe in civil behavior...but I'm not gonna constantly worry about my phraseology. What do I bring to the table ...beside being a fun guy and a fresh perspective? I know about football. Probably a lot more than 95% of everyone else here. Its all about yer background and what you've spent most of yer life doing. My best friend from HS knows a bunch about how to make a family's crap run down hill. I know football.  So if that ain't good enough to show up here and make the occasional intelligent post, that might have some humor in it, then two or three of you say so and I'm done. It won't hurt my feelings.   

Actually, I don't do baiting. I say what I mean...except when I'm totally lying....but I never lie to gain an advantage. Doing that is basically the same as being a thief and I don't do that.  I WILL lie to make a point. I've said this before on another board but its true....we aren't like real people here. We really don't have the important characteristics of real people. We don't have all the rights of a real person, we post at the mercy of mods who don't have the luxury of actually knowing us and hearing us say what we're saying. If you get your feeling hurt on a board....well, I'm still at a loss to account for a personality who would allow unnamed and faceless icons cause them to drop down two notches in self esteem. I type funny stuff because that's how I think. I like boards because I can say stuff I can't say for real. If you nameless and faceless icons don't like me then I can be asked to go away. I do this for my own entertainment not to feel better about myself. One day, if the mood strikes, I might hint at being a lawyer and give my opinion on some legal issue. It might fool some folks...so what. The comment about being civil is great. I believe in civil behavior...but I'm not gonna constantly worry about my phraseology. What do I bring to the table ...beside being a fun guy and a fresh perspective? I know about football. Probably a lot more than 95% of everyone else here. Its all about yer background and what you've spent most of yer life doing. My best friend from HS knows a bunch about how to make a family's crap run down hill. I know football.  So if that ain't good enough to show up here and make the occasional intelligent post, that might have some humor in it, then two or three of you say so and I'm done. It won't hurt my feelings.   

:scratch::rollseyes:    :goodluck:  

Sounds to me like you are describing a conceited troll.

Chuck Pagano: It’s an important offseason for Trent Richardson

The Colts kick off their offseason program on Monday and it promises to be a big one for running back Trent Richardson.

Richardson’s in-season arrival in a trade with the Browns cost the Colts a first-round pick and got them a back who wound up being benched in favor of Donald Brown near the end of the season. The Colts have maintained faith in Richardson and the back said after the season that he thought his struggles were due in part to insufficient time to pick up the offense, something coach Chuck Pagano says Richardson has to do this offseason.

“It’s going to be very, very important for [Richardson] to be here for the offseason program and to dive into this thing full steam ahead, which he will,” Pagano said, via the team’s website. “He wants to be great. He’s got all the talent. He’s got all the ability. We would have never done what we did if we didn’t believe that deep down in our core. So we look for him to have a great offseason and to have a great 2014 campaign.”

Brown is in San Diego now, but Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw are back in Indy and we’ve already seen the Colts move on from Richardson when they felt there were better options. There’s no reason to expect anything different next season if Richardson hasn’t shown that his slow start with the team was just a matter of being in unfamiliar surroundings.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/chuck-pagano-its-an-important-offseason-for-trent-richardson/

Sig Stats: Elusive Rating

Missed Tackles Forced

The Top Five

It’s no surprise to see Marshawn Lynch as high as he is, and it highlights how important it is to remember that forcing missed tackles isn’t all about making a cut that leaves the defender trailing. Famed for the “Beast Mode” run in the playoffs a few years ago, Lynch seems just as happy to run through an attempted tackle, as he is to cut away from it.

Trent Richardson may not have had the best year, but if there’s any hope for Indianapolis Colts fans to cling too, it’s that he has the natural talent to make people miss. Whether or not he can put it all together and become the running back many thought he would when the Cleveland Browns drafted him first overall remains a big question, but you only have to look back to Week 1 last year, where he forced a ridiculous 10 missed tackles, to see his talent.

Joique Bell’s success here highlights why the Detroit Lions apparently plan on having him split carries with Reggie Bush in 2014. Tough to bring down, we’ve been impressed by Bell in each of the past two seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/04/17/sig-stats-elusive-rating/

Trent is a great player. All he had to do is learn our system. We need some good blockers up front as well. I'm look forward to Thorthon improving this season.

Trent has to hit the hole quick n hard and not hesitate,,,,,,,,,,,thats part of what killed him last year,,,,,,,,,Donald Brown hit the holes quick n hard and had a great season

Trent has to hit the hole quick n hard and not hesitate,,,,,,,,,,,thats part of what killed him last year,,,,,,,,,Donald Brown hit the holes quick n hard and had a great season

Your right about that. Trent has tremendous power.

Trent is a great player. All he had to do is learn our system. We need some good blockers up front as well. I'm look forward to Thorthon improving this season.

I hate how easily people throw out the word "Great".

Trent Richardson is a great player? Seriously?

I hate how easily people throw out the word "Great".

Trent Richardson is a great player? Seriously?

Are you in the NFL? I say Anthony Castonzo sucks because I think he isn't playing to his full potential. He is a great player though. He made it into the NFL for a reason. None of us have the right to down play any of these guys because we're not there and they are. I could see if you were a player in the NFL, but your not.

Are you in the NFL? I say Anthony Castonzo sucks because I think he isn't playing to his full potential. He is a great player though. He made it into the NFL for a reason. None of us have the right to down play any of these guys because we're not there and they are. I could see if you were a player in the NFL, but your not.

That is not a valid point. Just because you get a job doing something does not mean you are great at it.

I'm not smart enough to be a doctor but that doesn't mean that everyone that is automatically is a great doctor. Some doctors just plain suck, and some suck so bad they get ran out of the medical profession.

People all around the world suck at their jobs daily, that's why firing was invented.

Curtis Painter is not great, yet he did make it to the NFL. Nobody has ever called him great because he stinks.

So far Richardson is far from great, he was a liability last season, and he is a liability in the upcoming draft, he will remain a liability until he can live up to what was given up for him, but in no way shape or form has he been great.

That is not a valid point. Just because you get a job doing something does not mean you are great at it.

I'm not smart enough to be a doctor but that doesn't mean that everyone that is automatically is a great doctor. Some doctors just plain suck, and some suck so bad they get ran out of the medical profession.

People all around the world suck at their jobs daily, that's why firing was invented.

Curtis Painter is not great, yet he did make it to the NFL. Nobody has ever called him great because he stinks.

So far Richardson is far from great, he was a liability last season, and he is a liability in the upcoming draft, he will remain a liability until he can live up to what was given up for him, but in no way shape or form has he been great.

Well if a Doctor sucks he or she will get sued. Trent didn't know the playbook. He is a great player. Every

Well if a Doctor sucks he or she will get sued. Trent didn't know the playbook. He is a great player. Everyone in the NFL is a great player. Each person serves a purpose.

There are multiple reasons for a person to get fired from a job. I lost my job once to scare other employees. I was great at my job, worked 3 positions. I received my unemployment. Some of you have no clue about certain things.

There are multiple reasons for a person to get fired from a job. I lost my job once to scare other employees. I was great at my job, worked 3 positions. I received my unemployment. Some of you have no clue about certain things.

I agree.