Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one needs to be fired!

trueblueblood

C'mon man....give NE credit and have a little patience. They can't fix everything in 2 off-seasons....it just doesn't happen. And no GM bats 1000 either.

We've had 2 seasons with 11-5 records and made progress winning a playoff game.

I will not give NE credit for poor play calling on both sides of the ball. This game sucked, but the refs didn't help a bit. We play mediocre football and proved that playing from behind is a VERY dangerous game. Sometimes it works and its amazing, but most times it sucks. This was not Luck's fault even though he threw 4 picks. This was the OC, and DCs problem. If they aren't gone, we aren't going anywhere next year no matter who is on this team. Face the facts Jack.

I will not give NE credit for poor play calling on both sides of the ball. This game sucked, but the refs didn't help a bit. We play mediocre football and proved that playing from behind is a VERY dangerous game. Sometimes it works and its amazing, but most times it sucks. This was not Luck's fault even though he threw 4 picks. This was the OC, and DCs problem. If they aren't gone, we aren't going anywhere next year no matter who is on this team. Face the facts Jack.

yes I am sure Pep said okay Andrew stair down the WR on your second pass and don't account for a linebacker when throwing over the middle. The one to fullback was a product of getting too cute but it was also thrown behind him by Luck. Luck didn't play his best tonight. It's okay to say it. It doesn't make Andrew Luck any less of a really good player going forward.

As a national guy pointed out these are the worst teams Luck will ever play on talent wise and he's 23-12. We are doing just fine and are well a head of schedule which is why no one is getting fired on the coaching staff.

Nobody is going to get fired or should get fired. You don't fire anyone in your second year of rebuilding after back to back 11 win seasons/beating some of the best teams in football and a playoff win at home with the injuries we had and the youth.

We need consistency......and that can only happen by keeping as much of the coaching staff as we have together. We lost Arians last season and had to adjust to that and we won't have to adjust again this offseason.

This team far exceeded everyone's expectations. This team has had so many injuries that it's ridiculous. I don't think any other team could have overcome that many injuries. 2 best running backs, best tight end, best wide receiver, starting O-lineman, not to mention all the injuries we had to deal with in the secondary. Bottom line is this team improved from last year and with all the circumstances, that's pretty amazing. Pep Hamilton struggled, but made some adjustments with the offense and it was very effective. And enough of calling out luck... We have such high expectations for him, and that's not really fair. I think we forget that he's only a second year qb. This team has nowhere to go but up. We beat the nfl's best this season without a lot of our best players, and THAT should scare people.

Thanks....

I wasn't happy with the way the team -- and especially Luck -- played tonight....

But......

We lost to a better team.   And I've learned not to go crazy when the team I like loses to a better team.   That's what is supposed to happen.

And New England was much, MUCH better.    

We would have had to play out of our minds to beat them.    Not impossible,  but not likely either.

We had another very solid year overcoming adversity all year long.    We have a good off-season and be back to contend for the  AFC South title next year.    We'll likely be the favorite for that.    Win your division you're in the playoffs.    Get in the playoffs and you've got a shot.     I'll take my chances with Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson any day.....

I look forward to seeing my friends here all off-season.

Better days ahead!     And we're going to be saying that for a long, long time!

BETTER DAYS AHEAD!!          :thmup:    :thmup:

I really have no clue on Pep. I can see the potential he has, but the lack of bootlegs, screens, and just overall offensive imagination at times is troubling.

I'm going to have nightmares of 2nd and long draw plays

I thought draw play was used against defenses playing deep ball. So draw on 2nd and long is pretty imaginative.

I'm not sold on Manusky. But Pep is the one that lost all the players to IR. Bradshaw, Ballard, Allen, Wayne. We could of had a way better run game and pass game.

Agreed Manuski has got to go, we were more than embarrassed AGAIN last night, Greg would have been walking home last night if I were head coach

Is pretty good are you kidding me you could have put 11 poles out there and it wouldn't have mattered as for Pagano punting on 4th and Inches with 10 minutes left and your down 21 is stupid definitely when your defense cant seem to stop anybody Chuck definitely did not have this team ready to play and I didn't see a lot of effort out there. Also the 4 picks although one I can say wasn't lucks fault the intended WR needs to catch that.

This team far exceeded everyone's expectations. This team has had so many injuries that it's ridiculous. I don't think any other team could have overcome that many injuries. 2 best running backs, best tight end, best wide receiver, starting O-lineman, not to mention all the injuries we had to deal with in the secondary. Bottom line is this team improved from last year and with all the circumstances, that's pretty amazing. Pep Hamilton struggled, but made some adjustments with the offense and it was very effective. And enough of calling out luck... We have such high expectations for him, and that's not really fair. I think we forget that he's only a second year qb. This team has nowhere to go but up. We beat the nfl's best this season without a lot of our best players, and THAT should scare people.

oh the complacency...

If you don't realize that we continue to be out-manned in the interior of both the offensive line and defensive line....and that Bill Belichick isn't a master of exploiting those weaknesses, then you are absolutely and completely BLIND....and have been for 7-8 years.

This has been a systemic problem of lack of good enough talent in both of those areas going well back into the Manning era.....evidenced 100% by our playoff exits....and that talent does NOT grow on trees.

And what's even more laughable about your comment is that New England employed a key philosophy of the very OC you're trying to throw under the bus....Pep Hamilton. They ran the ball down our throats with brutal power and efficiency and absolutely deserved the win.

In fact....I fully expect them to do the same to Denver, if San Diego doesn't do it first.

WAKE UP!!!! If an NFL team doesn't have the talent or fails in their execution of controlling both lines of scrimmage....screw the regular season....their chances of winning a Super Bowl plummet right into the toilet. How anyone who has watched the Colts for any amount of time can dispute this absolutely baffles me.

No need to include Toler in that bunch of warriors.

There absolutely is.  When Toler was healthy early in the season, the defense played far better than it did at any other point in the season and that was largely against better competition as well.

Agreed, all the other guys were a lot worse off than the  1 or 2 percent injured like Toler was.  Who'd of thunk he was serious when he said he couldn't play at 98%.  Turns out he was right.

Who would have thought a nagging groin pull and a sports hernia would have a negative impact on a player who's primary responsibility is sticking like glue to WR's that are doing every thing they can to shake him while running all over the field.  Go figure.

Who would have thought a nagging groin pull and a sports hernia would have a negative impact on a player who's primary responsibility is sticking like glue to WR's that are doing every thing they can to shake him while running all over the field.  Go figure.

I wonder if some fans don't pull a groin, yelling at the tv while complaining about their team. I had a seized muscle insertion that locates through the obturator foraman in my right hip. Sometimes it would being me to my knee in just one step. The pain was indescribable.