Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one needs to be fired!

trueblueblood

This team far exceeded everyone's expectations. This team has had so many injuries that it's ridiculous. I don't think any other team could have overcome that many injuries. 2 best running backs, best tight end, best wide receiver, starting O-lineman, not to mention all the injuries we had to deal with in the secondary. Bottom line is this team improved from last year and with all the circumstances, that's pretty amazing. Pep Hamilton struggled, but made some adjustments with the offense and it was very effective. And enough of calling out luck... We have such high expectations for him, and that's not really fair. I think we forget that he's only a second year qb. This team has nowhere to go but up. We beat the nfl's best this season without a lot of our best players, and THAT should scare people.

Agreed.  No one needs to be fired and no one is going to be fired.  ok if there was any possible exception I would say Manusky and that's only because Ray Horton is available.  Still though Horton will likely get a HC gig sometime in the near future so we probably wouldn't have him for very long anyway so ultimately keeping Manusky is probably the better thing anyway.

This team far exceeded everyone's expectations. This team has had so many injuries that it's ridiculous. I don't think any other team could have overcome that many injuries. 2 best running backs, best tight end, best wide receiver, starting O-lineman, not to mention all the injuries we had to deal with in the secondary. Bottom line is this team improved from last year and with all the circumstances, that's pretty amazing. Pep Hamilton struggled, but made some adjustments with the offense and it was very effective. And enough of calling out luck... We have such high expectations for him, and that's not really fair. I think we forget that he's only a second year qb. This team has nowhere to go but up. We beat the nfl's best this season without a lot of our best players, and THAT should scare people.

The defense was not hurt this year with injuries and yes they could of tackled better but giving up over 90 points in playoffs is not what I call a good defensive scheme against a team in which the colts coaches knew exactly what the patriots were going to do

The defense was not hurt this year with injuries and yes they could of tackled better but giving up over 90 points in playoffs is not what I call a good defensive scheme against a team in which the colts coaches knew exactly what the patriots were going to do

I would be ok with a new d coordinator, but luck and this offense need some continuity, we can't be having a new offensive coordinator every year.

Thank you, team wasn't even suppose to make the playoffs this year, let alone last year.

Great things can be achieved under this coaching staff, and they've already done a lot. They are getting a lot out of their players.

Hopefully they can get some more playmakers on defense, and get healthier on offense and they'll become SB contenders within the next 2 years. That's the new goal if you ask me: become SB contenders within 2 years. 

A lot of kids got playoff experience this year - and some got "deeper into the playoffs" experience.

I have no doubt we'll be better next year keeping the same coaching staff.  Sure, they drive me

nuts some time, but I have to give a coordinator a couple of years to get it right.

This defense is still a work in progress.  Chap's first year, the Toler experiment (doubt he'll be back),

RJF, The Germinator shows signs he can play at this level, I thought Walden did a fair job...it was a

season of babies stepping forward.  We're still building the monster.  It's not going to happen overnight.

I would be ok with a new d coordinator, but luck and this offense need some continuity, we can't be having a new offensive coordinator every year.

I do believe Pep will be better next year as I said they really progressed with the injuries. We cannot have luck carry the offense and try to win it all still needs some help on O-line

Good thread!

Yes.....it was a frustrating loss with a spotlight on some real weak spots, but 2 seasons in to this new era I would have never pegged us for 11-5 records both seasons plus a playoff win.

We'll be back and we'll be better!!

:coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: !!!!!!!!

We are not a power run offense. We are not capable of man defense. So we need to draft players for out scheme or switch game plans lol

I think we could be a power offense if we have our starting OL back.  I'd like to see it happen next year.

'Course we may have to find another back to replace Bradshaw, but...

The guy that traded a 1st rnd pick for a backup should probably be replaced. Oline coach too. Of course Manusky.

The talent is not there on the OL. Can't blame the coach for that. TO bring in talent you gotta be willing to spend $ and not on career back ups and injury prone players

Your smoking crack apparently. This defense played horrible the D-coordinator is terrible and Pep Hamilton is predictable. Kick me off the forums, I don't really care. This was a garbage game, and it was poorly called. We have given up 40+ points on D 5+ times this year...pathetic. Although, refs not calling tripping, pass interference, and holding don't help. Grigson is just as much to blame bringing in mediocre players with all that cap space. And the O-line was barely addressed. wth is Satelle still in this lineup?? Guess we wasn't prepared to win.

Thank you, team wasn't even suppose to make the playoffs this year, let alone last year.

Great things can be achieved under this coaching staff, and they've already done a lot. They are getting a lot out of their players.

Hopefully they can get some more playmakers on defense, and get healthier on offense and they'll become SB contenders within the next 2 years. That's the new goal if you ask me: become SB contenders within 2 years. 

I expected them to make the playoffs this year, FWIW.  And I think they are SB contenders next year.  :thmup:

Your smoking crack apparently. This defense played horrible the D-coordinator is terrible and Pep Hamilton is predictable. Kick me off the forums, I don't really care. This was a garbage game, and it was poorly called. We have given up 40+ points on D 5+ times this year...pathetic. Although, refs not calling tripping, pass interference, and holding don't help. Grigson is just as much to blame bringing in mediocre players with all that cap space. And the O-line was barely addressed. wth is Satelle still in this lineup?? Guess we wasn't prepared to win.

I guess I'm just an optimist... No crack... Just optimism

the OL was barely addressed?  Grigson brought in 2 new starters in FA (Cherilus and Thomas) and 2 future hopeful starters in the draft (Holmes and Thornton).  But by all means keep telling it YOUR way. ;)

C'mon man....give NE credit and have a little patience. They can't fix everything in 2 off-seasons....it just doesn't happen. And no GM bats 1000 either.

We've had 2 seasons with 11-5 records and made progress winning a playoff game.

tired off the so called Power Running ... haven't heard them say that abut NE and they ran the ball  quite well... they have always had a great O Line... which in turns .. protects  your QB and opens up lanes for your running game... were young... but we have work to do ... start with the Center,,, we May have the guards but that is yet to be determines and is especially keyed to Thomas coming back 100%.  I still wonder how will missed out on Louis Vasquez ( All Pro/Pro Bowl Guard ) when we had their GM working with us???

I expected them to make the playoffs this year, FWIW.  And I think they are SB contenders next year.  :thmup:

We all thought they would make the playoffs this year, but looking back before the season last year, many were saying this was a 3 year project. That was my point. 

Well we need a new something this game against the pats is gonna be stuck in my head for a whole!! That 4th N 1 punt is probably worst then all those turnovers. I honestly thought we could make it to NY this year because of a banged up NE offense and defense and Denver without a defense.