Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confidence Level Part 2

snkdy

Indy/NE Divisional Playoff Game   

157 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Saturday's game?

• I think we win easily.
    • We'll win, but it will be very close.
    • Game could go either way.
    • Ride stops here.

Dont forget the other qb! Tom Brady has been doubted before...he knows this stage much better than luck.

True. But Luck knows this stage about as well as Brady did when the Pats won in it the first time. Every big-time player has to show their mettle sometime, and this is Luck's time.

I voted we win a close one. After watching the replay against the Chiefs 3x's I am convinced that the D will be better. Alex Smith sustained so many Chief drives with his runs and that will not happen with Brady.

On the offensive side the Colt receivers must essentially duplicate what they did as a group against the Chiefs and that is limit drops and catch all the balls Andrew puts on their hand (I counted 4 exceptions against the Chiefs and the only one that was crucial was the interception that was on TY's hands but behind him) BTW Fleener was wide open crossing on the other side. I think the group collectively will do the same this game and that and Andrews legs will be sufficient to make this a close game that we can win at the end.

Our special teams must duplicate their performance against KC and this is the aspect I have the most confidence in.

We wil see.

The opposing QB is 3-5 in his last 8 playoff games with a QB rating of about 85 which is ironically his QB rating for this season. However, with the Colt defense having many holes against the Chiefs offense ranked 20th, it will probably have a very tough time with an offense ranked 8th. Although the Patriots yards per reception is very mediocre at 11.5 per catch (ranked 17th in the league), the Colts defense hasn't done well stopping the pass (ranked 25th at 12.3 yards per catch) and stung continually by an average Alex Smith. Brady will complete a lot of short passes trying to set up for the infrequent but high impacting deep pass. My biggest fear is really the Pats running game since the Colts are ranked 25th in the league in rush defense, plus give up 4.5 ypc. This will not go unnoticed by Belichick, whom always seems to come up with a way to take advantage of the opposing team's biggest weakness. I think it would be a tough hard-fought game and decided by touchdown or less. Here's hoping we have the ball last.

I am very nervous about the game. It the Pats and Brady and BB for heavens sake. Any Colts fan who isn't at least mildly nervous about the game because of those reasons is lying.

Having said that Luck is the real deal and would not be surprised in the least if he leads them to a win.

I am very nervous about the game. It the Pats and Brady and BB for heavens sake. Any Colts fan who isn't at least mildly nervous about the game because of those reasons is lying.

Having said that Luck is the real deal and would not be surprised in the least if he leads them to a win.

Maybe 10 years ago.

I'm really nervous too, honestly. It wouldn't surprise me if we won easily or if we got blown out. We're that bipolar haha

Again, it comes down to executing. If the same Colts defense shows up against the Pats as the first half vs KC, it will be ugly and ugly quick. I guarantee you Belicheck and Brady will not let off the gas..at all. The Colts will have to be efficient on 3rd down and keep Brady off the field. Just gotta make more plays than they do

Not really sure the defense is totally to blame for that KC 1st half. Its more about the offensive mistakes. It’s a lot to ask of anyone’s defense to stop an opponent when the are starting there drives on your 20. But I do agree regardless of the reason, if we fall that far behind to the pats it will be game over.

Maybe 10 years ago.

Really?  Their record over the last 10 years is pretty good.  You can make an argument that only fluke plays prevented them from winning 2 more Super Bowls in those ten years.  And they have 12 wins this year.  I think that is a bit a mirage but still, they have 12 in the left hand ledger.  BB may be the best coach in the game and if not at the very top, certainly at least in the conversation.  Brady - same can be said about him right now. 

And you are not the slighest bit worried that the Colts season could come to end on Saturday?  I call nonsense on that.

Really? Their record over the last 10 years is pretty good. You can make an argument that only fluke plays prevented them from winning 2 more Super Bowls in those ten years. And they have 12 wins this year. I think that is a bit a mirage but still, they have 12 in the left hand ledger. BB may be the best coach in the game and if not at the very top, certainly at least in the conversation. Brady - same can be said about him right now.

And you are not the slighest bit worried that the Colts season could come to end on Saturday? I call nonsense on that.

The Patriots have lost 3 out of the last 4 years in the playoffs AT HOME. Two of those years they were 8-0 at home before laying an egg to the Jets and Ravens. The Foxbourgh Mirage is just that, a mirage. They are certainly beatable at home. Going off of history of success 10

years ago is completely irrelevant here. If you go by recent history and trends, the Patriots havent been the same in the playoffs at home.

This Patriots team reminds me of how the Colts were in 2010. Winners of their division because of it was weak and they had a good QB and system in place. But against level competition, they lost. I see the same with this years Patriots team.

Willie Mcginist, Teddy B., Troy Brown and a slew of other guys won't be stepping through that tunnel come Saturday night.

Heck, even some of the newer Patriots like Hernandez, Gronk and Welker won't either. This isn't your older brother Patriots team.

The Patriots have lost 3 out of the last 4 years in the playoffs AT HOME. Two of those years they were 8-0 at home before laying an egg to the Jets and Ravens. The Foxbourgh Mirage is just that, a mirage. They are certainly beatable at home. Going off of history of success 10

years ago is completely irrelevant here. If you go by recent history and trends, the Patriots havent been the same in the playoffs at home.

This Patriots team reminds me of how the Colts were in 2010. Winners of their division because of it was weak and they had a good QB and system in place. But against level competition, they lost. I see the same with this years Patriots team.

Willie Mcginist, Teddy B., Troy Brown and a slew of other guys won't be stepping through that tunnel come Saturday night.

Heck, even some of the newer Patriots like Hernandez, Gronk and Welker won't either. This isn't your older brother Patriots team.

1) I did not bring up 10 years ago - you did. 

2) The last two years, they trounced their division round opponents.

3) Understand all those players who will not play.  Brady & BB are still involved and that ain't too bad. 

So you think there is no chance the Colts lose on Saturday?

Look I believe that this is a beatable Pats team.  They are very clearly lacking many of their standard playmakers.  But they still have some very key elements on their side and those guys worry me until the Colts are ahead when the clock hits 0:00.

3) Understand all those players who will not play.  Brady & BB are still involved and that ain't too bad. 

Look I believe that this is a beatable Pats team.  They are very clearly lacking many of their standard playmakers.  But they still have some very key elements on their side and those guys worry me until the Colts are ahead when the clock hits 0:00.

You are basing the Patriots chance of success on their PAST ability. Which is why I said maybe 10 years ago that would of been relevant to say but not today. Today's Patriots teams have faired pretty bad at home in the playoffs and proven to be VERY beatable. Playing the Houston Texans has been a joke. When they've gone up against QUALITY opponents (Giants and Ravens) they've lost.

You're missing the point. Like so many of the Colts previous teams, having a good QB and coaching staff will get you to the post-season, its up to the rest of the team to show up once you get in. The Patriots have 2 out of the 3 working for them.

The Colts could go out and lose. Anything is possible. All I'm saying is, is that its likely the Colts will win due to matchups and personnel. Not because of history.

Not really sure the defense is totally to blame for that KC 1st half. Its more about the offensive mistakes. It’s a lot to ask of anyone’s defense to stop an opponent when the are starting there drives on your 20. But I do agree regardless of the reason, if we fall that far behind to the pats it will be game over.

How many 3rd down`s did KC convert? I don`t know the numbers but it had to be up there. Brady is a different QB when he has all day to throw, the Colts D has to put pressure on him