Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confidence Level Part 2

snkdy

Indy/NE Divisional Playoff Game   

157 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Saturday's game?

• I think we win easily.
    • We'll win, but it will be very close.
    • Game could go either way.
    • Ride stops here.

As a patriots fan, I feel this game is very similar to the 2011 divisional matchup btwn the broncos and the patriots. In both cases the opposing qb was given an enormous amount of attention for the previous game heroics(both tebow and luck), and brady came out with a vengence. But i do know that luck is a much better passer than tebow. Should be a good one!

Easy win. Not because it's logical. Not because we are nessessarily a better team even. Just a gut feeling that things will go very right for us on the night.

Dont forget the other qb! Tom Brady has been doubted before...he knows this stage much better than luck.

As a patriots fan, I feel this game is very similar to the 2011 divisional matchup btwn the broncos and the patriots. In both cases the opposing qb was given an enormous amount of attention for the previous game heroics(both tebow and luck), and brady came out with a vengence. But i do know that luck is a much better passer than tebow. Should be a good one!

Welcome to the board man. For our sakes though, I hope the games aren't similar in the least :)

If we dont turn the ball over we can be in it or up at the end but we have to come out being efficient early passing to get up on the Pats. Dont need long bombs to get up on them. just steadily move down the field by exploiting some matchups. Turn the ball over like we did vs the Chiefs and there wont be a furious comeback. we will be stuck just trying to keep the score somewhat respectable if that happens, I know...The Patriots are not great offensively like they have been but its not like our Secondary shows up very often

I voted it could go either way....but I'm not as nervous about the game this week as I was last week. Last week I expected the Colts to win and if they didn't I would have been disappointed. This week I feel more relaxed and look forward to the boys giving it a go. 

I think will win and but it'll be close. Patriots want to run the ball we wanna throw it. Pep will probably use T.y more of a decoy this game to draw the safeties down. Won't be surprised to see a few long passes to Rogers early. Fast rb's usually give us trouble more then slow physical rb's. Will contain Blount just enough to win in a close one 27-23.

This is stupid, if you are lumping this Colts offense an QB into that debacle of an offense & QB Tebow the Broncos had, you will be sadly mistaken. Your Patriots are overrated this is anyone's ones game. I don't see this Patriot team as the ones you had years ago, honestly your team doesn't scare me at all, especially on defense.

Again, it comes down to executing. If the same Colts defense shows up against the Pats as the first half vs KC, it will be ugly and ugly quick. I guarantee you Belicheck and Brady will not let off the gas..at all. The Colts will have to be efficient on 3rd down and keep Brady off the field. Just gotta make more plays than they do

I like this match up for us. Honestly I like the way we match up against any team in the playoffs. Belichick is going to take away Hilton and Fleener so I'm expecting big games from Whalen, Da'Rick and Brown. The Colts are solid this year. I believe that we can rip off 3 more wins in a row :)

I like this match up for us. Honestly I like the way we match up against any team in the playoffs. Belichick is going to take away Hilton and Fleener so I'm expecting big games from Whalen, Da'Rick and Brown. The Colts are solid this year. I believe that we can rip off 3 more wins in a row :)

Pass me that stuff. 44 points scored by a team that did not have its star player for the entire game. Luck started rolling after half of the other team's defense was out injured.

Remember 59-24? haha

Media attention is the only thing that could be used to compare Luck with Tebow, but I get what you're saying.

Welcome to the board. I'm always interested in hearing what fans of the other team thinks about ours.

I make an assumption that since the media usually know less than zero about the Colts, and what they do know is either cliched or wrong, then they can't tell me much about the other team either. Make sense?

we lose here.  that is my guess.  of course we have the talent to win.  but we won't

another slow start and we won't be able to come back.

Are you a colts fan? I'm confused... Everything you post is negative. Let's start with what you like about this team, I'm sure it's only a few things, should be easier than listing the things you don't like about this team.

Are you a colts fan? I'm confused... Everything you post is negative. Let's start with what you like about this team, I'm sure it's only a few things, should be easier than listing the things you don't like about this team.

huge fan of the team

what i like

1)  its the colts.  so that trumps all players and coaches

2)  all the good players.  luck, allen, wayne, hilton, mathis.....you get the picture

3)  we aren't the patriots.  that is always a plus

4)  our qb doesn't allegedly rape people.  looking at you steelers

my dislikes

1)  bad players.  laron landry, angerer, satele, mcglynn.....you get the picture

2) bad coaching. 

3) bad fans

I just hope Mathis karate chops Tom Brady's throwing arm.  Our corners is gonna need speed to cover the slots.  We cannot get down anymore than 2 TD or we will lose.

I just have this gut feeling that we are gonna get blown out.  

I have high doubts about our def stopping the run.  (Colts have a long history of this)

Lets just hope for the best.

huge fan of the team

what i like

1) its the colts. so that trumps all players and coaches

2) all the good players. luck, allen, wayne, hilton, mathis.....you get the picture

3) we aren't the patriots. that is always a plus

4) our qb doesn't allegedly rape people. looking at you steelers

my dislikes

1) bad players. laron landry, angerer, satele, mcglynn.....you get the picture

2) bad coaching.

3) bad fans

I'm with ya dude, although You missed off 'bad mascot'. Did you see him fumble that pass from Brown after his TD? Shocker.

Pass me that stuff. 44 points scored by a team that did not have its star player for the entire game. Luck started rolling after half of the other team's defense was out injured.

Remember 59-24? haha

They altered their game plan considerably when Charles went out. They had a tendency to over rely on him and play ultra conservatively. I believe, like the Chargers did when they prepared for the Chiefs starters week 17, that the Colts game plan was over-concerned with eliminating Charles and his effectiveness. They flipped the script entirely and we had to adjust at halftime as we have made a living on. It didn't help that we had two injured corners and were forced to make game substitutions throughout. I think the injury that effected them the most was the loss of Flowers. To the Colts credit, the Chiefs are no joke. There is a reason they SHOULD have definitively been a 12-4 football team. The level of talent they have is certainly capable of putting a beat down on the Pats or any of the 31 other NFL teams on any given Sunday...To dismiss them based on strength of schedule or any other reason is nonsense. They came prepared and we went the rounds with them in a heavy weight fight for the ages. If you think outlasting this Colts team is going to be any easy thing, you best think again...I'm not claiming a victory. I'm not here to boast about this or that...But, if you think the mistake prone and highly uncharacteristic game the Colts played against you 14 months ago is going to dictate this Saturday, I wouldn't be so sure about that...

The Colts: Show promise with a solid organization with brains for picking players overall.

The Pats: Still strong but no longer mighty.

"On any given day" still holds true for this game but to give NE any gift of any shape or form is a disaster.

59 points scored last year by the Pats, should be a long day for the boys in blue. NE by 17.