Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Curious Case Of Anthony Gonzalez

grmasterb

He can't hold on to the ball. If you can't do that you shouldn't be an NFL receiver.

Gonzalez has had problems staying healthy, he has had no problems with his hands; in fact, he has good hands (especially when compared to Garcon).

I'm really surprised he's not getting more playing time...I was looking forward to seeing what he could do(if he remained healthy).

One of Gonzo's problems is he is ALWAYS short. On 3rd and 6, he gets 5, for instance. Makes a catch late in the 4th quarter when we are trying to run the clock down, and steps out of bounds. Makes a catch late in the 4th quarter when we are driving for game winner, and doesn't step out of bounds. Seems to have no game awareness. Prolly be ok if someone told him every down what to do Skills seem to be adequate.

Edited by BIGugly

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Continued Derail
Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Continued Derail

Do you have to take up this debate in every post?

sure, why not? this forum is clearly focused on firing Caldwell and Polian. Therefore anything negative is their fault.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Continued Derail
Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Continued Derail

sure, why not? this forum is clearly focused on firing Caldwell and Polian. Therefore anything negative is their fault.

See, I knew you'd come around eventually.

One of Gonzo's problems is he is ALWAYS short. On 3rd and 6, he gets 5, for instance. Makes a catch late in the 4th quarter when we are trying to run the clock down, and steps out of bounds. Makes a catch late in the 4th quarter when we are driving for game winner, and doesn't step out of bounds. Seems to have no game awareness. Prolly be ok if someone told him every down what to do Skills seem to be adequate.

That was my big beef with him his first two seasons. Currently, a bigger beef is he just can't stay on the field.

What people saw on this guy I'll never know. It was hilarious when we drafted him and the fact that he's still on the roster is sad. At best he's an average WR and the injuries only push him further down the mediocre pole. 35 games 1300yds 7 tds and 99rec. In half a season Tamme out produced him.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Responding to Derail
Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Responding to Derail

Except nobody other than you has even mentioned their names in this thread...

Gonzo just can't stay healthy. When healthy, he has been productive and effective....sounds like Bob...

He just hasn't been able to stay healthy, but he is still on his rookie contract and his cap hit is half a million. I wouldn't mind seeing us bring him back on a 1 year deal with an option for the 2nd year at $300 000.

As per the stats in the article it's Collie who is having trouble catching the ball and for the most part he has been invisible on the field. At this point it doesn't hurt to give Gonzalez a chance in place of Collie.

Edited by justcolts

As per the stats in the article it's Collie who is having trouble catching the ball and for the most part he has been invisible on the field. At this point it doesn't hurt to give Gonzalez a chance in place of Collie.

Don't mind another chance, but every down you better remind him, "Need 8, Gonzo", "Stop the clock, Gonzo", "Keep the clock goin', Gonzo", "Take care of the ball, Gonzo".

What people saw on this guy I'll never know. It was hilarious when we drafted him and the fact that he's still on the roster is sad. At best he's an average WR and the injuries only push him further down the mediocre pole. 35 games 1300yds 7 tds and 99rec. In half a season Tamme out produced him.

Quite funny and thanks for the laugh!Yes,...you're right.

I don't think anyone is getting 'enjoyment' out of bashing the guy, but when you use your first round pick, on a position we probably didn't need to address at the time, and use it on someone who was barely a #2 on the colleges own roster. Well then we kind of got exactly what we paid for.

Gonzalez has had problems staying healthy, he has had no problems with his hands; in fact, he has good hands (especially when compared to Garcon). I'm really surprised he's not getting more playing time...I was looking forward to seeing what he could do(if he remained healthy).

Garçon has 1 drop this season, he leads the team in Yards and Receptions and TD receptions, he's been targeted less times than Wayne... This "garçon drops balls" is getting old

True, I rememeber a playoff game in San Diego...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Rude and not contributing to discussion
Hidden by Nadine, October 27, 2011 - Rude and not contributing to discussion

Let's see...Wayne, Harrison, Stacey

.... Seriously?

No, like, for real?

THAT was a serious response?

I dunno what to say. I just dunno what to say.

I guess "DUH" would be the best place to start... Of course we've been a high powered offense in the past. Austin Collie hasn't become what he has seeing the field in a 2 WR set. Just.... DUH. I mean dear god.....

I guess, since it wasn't painfully obvious the first time, I'll break this one down for you...

We're talking about Anthony Gonzalez and why he's still here if he's in a contract year and not getting any chances to show what he can do...

Hence my response....

Your response, being entirely illogical and incorrect (Stacey? Who's Stacey?) has to be one of the worst I've ever read.

Read before you abuse the "Reply" button...

:facepalm:

I'm assuming you meant Stokley.

That's was the 2004 season folks. Let that sink in. 2004. 7 seasons ago. Let's not expect that anymore.

That's correct.

Well you asked when. That's when.....

Think about that 3 receivers over 1000 yards...AND 10 TD;s

First time in the history of the NFL

3 wide receivers of that caliber is RARE anywhere in the NFL., not just the Colts.

.... Seriously?

No, like, for real?

THAT was a serious response?

I dunno what to say. I just dunno what to say.

I guess "DUH" would be the best place to start... Of course we've been a high powered offense in the past. Austin Collie hasn't become what he has seeing the field in a 2 WR set. Just.... DUH. I mean dear god.....

I guess, since it wasn't painfully obvious the first time, I'll break this one down for you...

We're talking about Anthony Gonzalez and why he's still here if he's in a contract year and not getting any chances to show what he can do...

Hence my response....

Your response, being entirely illogical and incorrect (Stacey? Who's Stacey?) has to be one of the worst I've ever read.

Read before you abuse the "Reply" button...

:facepalm:

Yeah, it was Wayne, Harrison and STOKELY....

Edited by BIGugly

Not gettin the concept of this thread, are you?

Believe it's about Gonzo being a head case. Doesn't know what's goin' on.

Other diversion was answer to query about when was the last time Colts had 3 WR's. Answer was Wayne, Harrison, and Stokely.....2004....Whas Prob?

I agree. A lot of people have been on the Gonzo train with the belief he has played well on the rare occasions he's been on the field. Any first round WR playing with PM will get some stats. He can make the easy catch and get the easy yards, but he won't step up on the big play opportunities. Cut him.

I don't think anyone is getting 'enjoyment' out of bashing the guy, but when you use your first round pick, on a position we probably didn't need to address at the time, and use it on someone who was barely a #2 on the colleges own roster. Well then we kind of got exactly what we paid for.

exactly. i don't know how gonzo goes in the first and guys like collie, jordan shipley, etc last until round 3-4....which is where gonzo should have been drafted.