Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Do Anti-Caldwell Fans Approach The Remaining 9 Games?

dn4192

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really expect us to beat Carolina? Cam Newton has been lighting up much better defenses the ours. Plus he's a big guy, he runs pretty fast and we can't tackle a senior citizen in a hover round.

I really think the Colts can beat Carolina. Cam is still a rookie and he will mess up.

I fully expect him to run all over and through our defense, but I hope the D can contain him through the air. He's a interception machine.

Or....he could torch our Defense through the air.....could go either way. I expect a good game, both games.

The Colts' only shots are against Jacksonville, Tennessee and Carolina. Tennessee is a bit of a stretch, but Jacksonville and Carolina are definitely winnable. Forget about the Pats, Ravens, Falcons and Texans, BUT AT LEAST WE GOT THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE OUT OF THE WAY THIS YEAR!

Still rooting for the Colts to succeed regardless. I am certainly not feeling Caldwell right now but if he shows a pulse over the remaining 9 weeks and demonstrates some actual leadership, accountability & coaching knowledge, it doesn't necessarily have to remain that way. I reserve the right to change my opinion if he can show me something that I have yet to see from him. But the ball is in his court.

I

What leads you to believe he is already gone? And if that is true what is gained by him remaining on staff? I mean wouldn't it really make a statement to say what happen in NO is unacceptable by this franchise and sorry Jim but we no longer need your services?

I

What leads you to believe he is already gone? And if that is true what is gained by him remaining on staff? I mean wouldn't it really make a statement to say what happen in NO is unacceptable by this franchise and sorry Jim but we no longer need your services?

I really think the Colts can beat Carolina. Cam is still a rookie and he will mess up.

I fully expect him to run all over and through our defense, but I hope the D can contain him through the air. He's a interception machine.

Or....he could torch our Defense through the air.....could go either way. I expect a good game, both games.

For all intents and purposes so is Painter. Cam even though a rookie has looked a lot better than Painter has this season. Not knocking Painter as he is doing his best under these adverse circumstances but just saying.

I wouldn't be so quick to mark that Carolina game in the win column. Our defense could easily make Cam look like a probowl QB rather a rookie.

How Do Anti-Caldwell Fans Approach The Remaining 9 Games?

I was a pro Caldwell fan when he was hired. I've become a pro-someone else fan over time.

I was a pro B. Polian fan when he was hired. I've become a pro-someone else fan over time.

Nonetheless, I will root for the guys with the horseshoe on their helmet regardless of the scoreboard numbers. They're my guys and I will rise and fall with them.

Please understand that last week I watched the most lopsided defeat in Colts franchise history. The players did not put this team together. The players did not create the game plan. Everything that I witnessed last week points directly at the executive staff.

So, I will approach the next 9 weeks dressed in Colts blue. I will not however, pretend that these two men are not directly culpable in this historic failure.

Can you feel me?

For all intents and purposes so is Painter. Cam even though a rookie has looked a lot better than Painter has this season. Not knocking Painter as he is doing his best under these adverse circumstances but just saying.

I wouldn't be so quick to mark that Carolina game in the win column. Our defense could easily make Cam look like a probowl QB rather a rookie.

Yea unfortunately you're right :(

There are 53 players dressed in blue with horseshoe on their helmets. With or without Payton Manning, with a 0-7 they are Indianapolis Colts, our team. However this season is over for us, we have to support them during the remaining 9 games, and hopefully they will gain few victories.

Caldwell, coaching, play-schemes, are other cup of tea.

Go colts!

I hope Colts will ride Titans this weekend!

To me this is an interesting issue. If the Colts go 0-16 you have to think the odds of Mr. Caldwell returning are greater then say if they go 2-14 or 3-13 or so. Which means does the anti-Caldwell crowde root for the boys in blue to lose all the rest of the games as to not have to "suffer" with Caldwell as HC again next season?

So those wishing Caldwell to be released from being the HC...what are you going to do over the last 9 games?

Not an issue at all. "You play to win the game ! ". And the Colts fan will back that up. Play to lose, and they will not back that up.

Wait for Peyton to dress up in uniform, wait for Caldwell to crack his shell, watch Delone Carter take over Joe's #1 spot in perhaps his last year, what else ... watch Angerer & Bethea make every possible tackle & laugh in anguish when we play the Patriots. Anything else ?

Wait for Peyton to dress up in uniform, wait for Caldwell to crack his shell, watch Delone Carter take over Joe's #1 spot in perhaps his last year, what else ... watch Angerer & Bethea make every possible tackle & laugh in anguish when we play the Patriots. Anything else ?

you think Carter will be a good RB? I just don't see this

People defend caldwell for some reason i do not understand, Forget about anything he has done in past seasons.

This season, our team is a mess, Who should the blame go on for this season mess.

The guy that is running the show. or so called running the show, Jim caldwell do you agree?

Yes to a degree Caldwell is responsible, but it is just 1 season, so to fair, he should be given another year to see what happens.

Yes to a degree Caldwell is responsible, but it is just 1 season, so to fair, he should be given another year to see what happens.

He will be given 1 more year, and manning will be 100% ready to play, Colts will make the playoffs and all the fans will forget hating on Caldwell.

winning cures everything, and with 100% healthy PM, it don't matter who the coach here is. we will be winning games.

What will you be doing since you seem pretty excited about drafting Luck to replace Manning?

Will you be rooting for them to lose?

I have said from the start I believe Miami will get the top pick and take Luck. If the Colts get the 1st pick they have to take Luck there is no other choice to even consider. And if it comes down to say the final game of the season and if the Colts lose they get the first pick...darn straight spunky I root for them to lose.

I have said from the start I believe Miami will get the top pick and take Luck. If the Colts get the 1st pick they have to take Luck there is no other choice to even consider. And if it comes down to say the final game of the season and if the Colts lose they get the first pick...darn straight spunky I root for them to lose.

Not an issue at all. "You play to win the game ! ". And the Colts fan will back that up. Play to lose, and they will not back that up.

1. First year: 14-0 followed by 2-3

2. Second year: 10-6 followed by 0-1

3. Third year. O fer, so far. No playoffs.

Any questions ???

you think Carter will be a good RB? I just don't see this

Ummmm, no. I think Carter IS a good running back. He hits the hole if it's there (no dancing). He bounces it outside for positive yards if it is not there. He is very patient with downfield blocking (waits for it, an even sets it up). He lowers his shoulder into any defender coming in high and blows him away. Not bad for a ROOK.

Blitz blocking is improving....

Ummmm, no. I think Carter IS a good running back. He hits the hole if it's there (no dancing). He bounces it outside for positive yards if it is not there. He is very patient with downfield blocking (waits for it, an even sets it up). He lowers his shoulder into any defender coming in high and blows him away. Not bad for a ROOK.

Blitz blocking is improving....

right now, is he overall better than Addai?

1. First year: 14-0 followed by 2-3

2. Second year: 10-6 followed by 0-1

3. Third year. O fer, so far. No playoffs.

Any questions ???

1. First year had a basically fully healthy team

2. Second year missed key personal on both the offensive and defensive side to season ending injuries

3. Missing the most important player in the NFL and other key injuries..

Any questions?

He may not be better than Addai as of yet but if he does these things well enough and often enough then yes Addai is expendable in his last contract year. Also right now doesn't mean much being 0-7, with the overall team we have. Addai is no bum & I like him but why not Carter moving forward ? just sayin ...

He may not be better than Addai as of yet but if he does these things well enough and often enough then yes Addai is expendable in his last contract year. Also right now doesn't mean much being 0-7, with the overall team we have. Addai is no bum & I like him but why not Carter moving forward ? just sayin ...

How about drafting an elite RB with #1 pick?

Faulk and James had great careers

1. First year had a basically fully healthy team

2. Second year missed key personal on both the offensive and defensive side to season ending injuries

3. Missing the most important player in the NFL and other key injuries..

Any questions?

Sorry, no free passes because of inuries....Always gonna have 'em. Ask Green Bay, Super Bowl Champs....

Sorry, no free passes because of inuries....Always gonna have 'em. Ask Green Bay, Super Bowl Champs....

Really? did Green Bay play without Aaron Rogers? When the colts had the similar type of injuries that GB had last year they finished with a division title, GB got in via the WC and with some incredible luck and then got hot in the playoffs. How do you think GB would do with no Aaron Rogers?

As to the OP - what can a fan do? We can just watch this nightmare season unfold, hope for a win, hope for #1 pick.

I am rooting for both - I know they are contradictory, but hey, I don't have to be rational.

And Caldwell is proving his haters right. Look at the slide he has been on!

So if you put a rookie QB in there with little to no experience of NFL games they are still the best team in the NFL?  Really?

Maybe not the best. But their backup is better than Painter and they have a D and all kids of playmakers. But the Q was if they would make the playoffs. Quite possible yes.

He will be given 1 more year, and manning will be 100% ready to play, Colts will make the playoffs and all the fans will forget hating on Caldwell.

winning cures everything, and with 100% healthy PM, it don't matter who the coach here is. we will be winning games.

I don't hate Caldwell but if he blows another playoff game or Superbowl..........................

Really? did Green Bay play without Aaron Rogers? When the colts had the similar type of injuries that GB had last year they finished with a division title, GB got in via the WC and with some incredible luck and then got hot in the playoffs. How do you think GB would do with no Aaron Rogers?

Did we play last year with no Peyton Manning????

To paraphrase Don Shula...."Its bad luck not to have a good (QB) Head Coach....

Did we play last year with no Peyton Manning????

Nope and we had the same record as the Green Bay Packers, but we won our division they got into the playoffs by sheer luck and nothing more. If a certain NYG punter kicks the ball out of bounds the Packers never even sniff the playoffs.