Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Do Anti-Caldwell Fans Approach The Remaining 9 Games?

dn4192

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope and we had the same record as the Green Bay Packers, but we won our division they got into the playoffs by sheer luck and nothing more. If a certain NYG punter kicks the ball out of bounds the Packers never even sniff the playoffs.

It is not how you get in, it is what you make out of your chance, the Packers did what they needed to do first to get in, you have to give them that. We won several close games to go 10-6 too and could have lost the Titans game if Collins did not fumble the ball in our territory in the last game, so everyone can play the IFs and BUTs game.

The Packers made the most out of their playoff berth as a wild card and #6 seed despite the injuries. We made the least out of our playoff berth as a #3 seed at home, there in lies the difference.

Edited by chad72

I've got the tapes if you missed those games....

fine you have tapes, and the tapes will show players not doing what they are suppose to do. At what point are the players held accountable? I don't remember a coaching fumbling the on side kick, I don't remember a coach throwing a pick 6 in the waining minutes of the SB and such.

It is not how you get in, it is what you make out of your chance, the Packers did what they needed to do to get in, you have to give them that. We won several close games to go 10-6 too and could have lost the Titans game if Collins did not fumble the ball in our territory in the last game, so everyone can play the IFs and BUTs game.

The Packers made the most out of their playoff berth as a wild card and #6 seed despite the injuries. We made the least out of our playoff berth as a #3 seed at home, there in lies the difference.

There is a huge difference, the punter was just flat out stupid and his coaches responded as such, a fumble is part of the game.

There is a huge difference, the punter was just flat out stupid and his coaches responded as such, a fumble is part of the game.

I guess the punt is not part of the game, huh? I guess DJax returning it for a TD is not part of the game, huh? I guess the Giants' ST coverage not making up for it is not part of the game, huh? I guess the Giants' D giving up all those points in the 4th qtr. to Vick and company that led to the punt mattering are not part of the game, huh?

So, does Hester and DJax return a kick or punt every time for a TD? There are several other things that the team does that can overcome one player's stupidity, that is why it is a team sport.

We lose the onside kick in the SB but we could still have won the game later. It is like not blaming the Giants' D for the 24 pt. comeback of the Eagles and just blaming the punter. You are unreal, even Coughlin admitted that the punt was not the main reason they lost, they lost because they allowed the Eagles back in the 4th qtr. Everyone is mad at that instant when high emotions and stakes are involved, but to just use what you want to use to support your opinion/argument/whatever is one sided.

I bet you are going to argue till you want to shove your opinion down my throat but too bad, I will state that you are wrong on this front, agree to disagree and move on and not get involved in a ticking contest with you that you love to indulge in with anyone that disagrees with you.

Edited by chad72

fine you have tapes, and the tapes will show players not doing what they are suppose to do. At what point are the players held accountable? I don't remember a coaching fumbling the on side kick, I don't remember a coach throwing a pick 6 in the waining minutes of the SB and such.

Well, you just need to pay closer attention to what Caldwell did. Already explained that twice to you.

I guess the punt is not part of the game, huh? I guess DJax returning it for a TD is not part of the game, huh? I guess the Giants' ST coverage not making up for it is not part of the game, huh? I guess the Giants' D giving up all those points in the 4th qtr. to Vick and company that led to the punt mattering are not part of the game, huh?

So, does Hester and DJax return a kick or punt every time for a TD? There are several other things that the team does that can overcome one player's stupidity, that is why it is a team sport.

We lose the onside kick in the SB but we could still have won the game later. It is like not blaming the Giants' D for the 24 pt. comeback of the Eagles and just blaming the punter. You are unreal, even Coughlin admitted that the punt was not the main reason they lost, they lost because they allowed the Eagles back in the 4th qtr. Everyone is mad at that instant when high emotions and stakes are involved, but to just use what you want to use to support your opinion/argument/whatever is one sided.

I bet you are going to argue till you want to shove your opinion down my throat but too bad, I will state that you are wrong on this front, agree to disagree and move on and not get involved in a ticking contest with you that you love to indulge in with anyone that disagrees with you.

When the punter was told to punt the ball out of bounds and he didn't, no I don't consider that "normal" football game.

If that is true, and I don't know if it is or not, to me allowing him to stay on and coach these next 9 games is flat out stupid and Bill Polian maybe smug and arrogant, he is not stupid.

Ah ... I'll get back to you on your assessment. Truly, I don't think the Polians are stupid. I think they have made some terrible talent evaluations and game-strategic analysis. That could be poor judgment - or it could be I'm wrong and it is stupidity.

The problem seems to be that the football world changed, and Bill Polian didn't.

Edited by CoachLite

I see the same 2 posters are continuing in the same vein as always. Start a topic and then pick apart the posts that don't agree with their line of thought.

To answer today's question, I will continue to support and root for my Colts. I will hope that Caldwell (and Polian) make the best decisions for the team going forward despite whatever they've done in the past.

It does please me that both men took a degree of responsibility for the NO game. Neither had up until this point that I recall.

Edited by NM_Colts

Ah ... I'll get back to you on your assessment. Truly, I don't think the Polians are stupid. I think they have made some terrible talent evaluations and game-strategic analysis. That could be poor judgment - or it could be I'm wrong and it is stupidity.

The problem seems to be that the football world changed, and Bill Polian didn't.

I think what has happened is that with any NFL team you are going to have stretches by your front office of great success, times of average drafts and a time of real busts. I think if you look at the overall construction of this team by Bill Polian you see a man who saw what he had in Peyton, made the choice to build around him and the offense knowing that it would mean a lesser defense and overall that plan worked. Given the amount of salary cap space on teh Offensive side left very little to provide an overall great Defense. Peyton alone took a HUGE chunk of cap space, I mean I guess they could have let him go at some point during his career, gone with an average QB and spent more on D, but Polian chose to stay with Peyton. Now Peyton is down and no matter what, when your entire team philosophy and structure is built off of him, his style of play and how that allows the D to play a certin way, all comes crumbling down when he isn't playing. Now Joe fan is all upset about that, when I never heard Joe fan scream to release/not resign Peyton and go in a different direction all those winning seasons....

I think what has happened is that with any NFL team you are going to have stretches by your front office of great success, times of average drafts and a time of real busts. I think if you look at the overall construction of this team by Bill Polian you see a man who saw what he had in Peyton, made the choice to build around him and the offense knowing that it would mean a lesser defense and overall that plan worked. Given the amount of salary cap space on teh Offensive side left very little to provide an overall great Defense. Peyton alone took a HUGE chunk of cap space, I mean I guess they could have let him go at some point during his career, gone with an average QB and spent more on D, but Polian chose to stay with Peyton. Now Peyton is down and no matter what, when your entire team philosophy and structure is built off of him, his style of play and how that allows the D to play a certin way, all comes crumbling down when he isn't playing. Now Joe fan is all upset about that, when I never heard Joe fan scream to release/not resign Peyton and go in a different direction all those winning seasons....

Actually a good post from you. I will say that:

1. The fact that Joe Fan is upset and didn't scream for PMs release does not make the end result Joe Fan's fault.

2. Polian doesn't listen to anyone outside of the organization as he has stated many times, so it wouldn't have done Joe Fan any good to scream about anything, would it.

1. The fact that Joe Fan is upset and didn't scream for PMs release does not make the end result Joe Fan's fault.

2. Polian doesn't listen to anyone outside of the organization as he has stated many times, so it wouldn't have done Joe Fan any good to scream about anything, would it.

The other part is, Joe Fan thought that the talent Polian assembled would have something to show for even if Peyton was not there. Joe Fan thought our talent would be more worthy than an 0-7 start (this Joe Fan still does). Joe Fan now realizes that the nonsense has indeed hit the FAN :).

Edited by shecolt

1. The overall success of any sports franchise is never tied to its' fan base or the result of what Joe Fan says or does.

2. Given his overall track record during his full career as a GM you can't say it wasn't the right thing to do, he puts winning football teams on the field many more times then losing wherever he has gone.

caldwell not going anywhere, Polian already gave him his support. Looks like he's here to stay guys. Ugh.

To me "if" Polian has already decided that Caldwell is NOT coming back next season I see no reason to keep him on staff. I would fire him after this upcoming game and during the bye week find a short term replacment. IF he is coming back I think Polian should say so now, so that this whole debate can be put to rest.

The players are held accountable at contract time.