Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Perfectly Awful

chrisfarley

I've jumped around the media outlets and found that people have come up with some really interesting ways to label the Colts: One year ago, it would have been unheard of to even breath references like that around town:

Here are some of them:

1) Perfectly Awful

2) Hapless Colts

3) Horrendous Horseshoes

4) Taking bad to a new level

5) Indianapolis Tanks

6) Blundering Blue

7) Historic Swoon (New Orleans game)

8) Terrible meets worse (referring to the upcoming Titans game)

9) Crappy but happy (referring to the LUCK Sweepstakes)

10) Misery loves company (referring to Miami and Colts as worst two teams in football)

etc, etc, etc.

Heard any real unique ones, join in the misery.

Edited by chrisfarley

did'nyt you just post the other day that you were now onboard with getting rid of caldwell, if not then i apologize.

yeah, what does that have to do with anything. we still have some of the most backstabbing fans in the world. Look at how our fans turned on the team this year. Are you blind?

yeah, what does that have to do with anything. we still have some of the most backstabbing fans in the world. Look at how our fans turned on the team this year. Are you blind?

I really dont recall fans turning on this team. Some of what you see on here is what I consider fandom,passion. Heaven nows I have made some irrational posts on here in the moment of a poorly coached or played game. That being said there are no less than 7 or 8 100 dollar jerseys hanging our closets and hvebeen to every home game this season. To my limited knowledge there has never been a blackout in the big oil can, so to say indy has bad fans would not be fair.

Please, tell me how the fans have been backstabbing or turning on the team. I haven't seen this at all, but I'd be interested to know why you think so...

Colts - the team that has the worst backstabbing fans in history of the league. The fans that will turn on the team because of one bad season.

Hold on didn't you start a thread complaining about people ganging up on you and now your over here calling us the worst backstabbing fans? And you wonder why your ganged up on?

out of the frying pan into the fryer. . . . . :facepalm:

Yep you got us. We were all just hoping the Saints deflowered us on Sunday Night Football.

I watched the entire game on Sunday night and that was the first time I have ever seen an NFL team give up. 62 to 7 and it could have been much worse had the Saints not pulled the starters. The players (especially our defense) have given up on the season and Caldwell can't get them to play for him. Caldwell looks scared and although I haven't met him, I don't think he is the guy for the job.

Fans have NOT turned on the Colts. You been to a game lately? The fans are absolutely awesome. Place ROCKS with noise.....

Please, tell me how the fans have been backstabbing or turning on the team. I haven't seen this at all, but I'd be interested to know why you think so...

number28 may not be making a lot of friends on this board this week . . . but to answer your question . . . posts along the following lines might reflect a fan base turning on its team

1) The fire the coach threads, and

2) the "lets cheer 'fire the coach' at the next home game" thread

some may say, that a coach that that took you to a 14-0 season, took you to 10-6 with a multiple of injuries, should get a pass from the fan base . . . just saying . . .

not sure if chanting "fire caldwell" at a home game is something that is not inconsistent with turning on a coach . . .

number28 may not be making a lot of friends on this board this week . . . but to answer your question . . . posts along the following lines might reflect a fan base turning on its team

some may say, that a coach that that took you to a 14-0 season, took you to 10-6 with a multiple of injuries, should get a pass from the fan base . . . just saying . . .

not sure if chanting "fire caldwell" at a home game is something that is not inconsistent with turning on a coach . . .

I haven't read that "fire Caldwell chant" thread because I don't agree with doing that at all. While I don't think he's a good coach, I would never agree that doing that is the right thing. So I don't know how many people have agreed with that poster, hopefully that was a joke though. However, I don't think that having the opinion that your coach isn't cutting it and that the team needs a change in that area is being a backstabbing fan... I think this just means that the fans can see that there is something wrong with the team as it is right now, and that we all love the team enough to want changes made so that we can get back on track as fast as possible. I don't see this as backstabbing at all. But maybe that's just me.

some may say, that a coach that that took you to a 14-0 season, took you to 10-6 with a multiple of injuries, should get a pass from the fan base . . . just saying . .

14-0, tanked 2, lost the Super Bowl

10-6, went one and done.....Green Bay had more injuries and WON the Super Bowl.

0 fer this year with 5 pro bowlers on the squad that ARE healthy.

3 and out.....

Ummm, tha'd be COACH.....not TEAM.....

I haven't read that "fire Caldwell chant" thread because I don't agree with doing that at all. While I don't think he's a good coach, I would never agree that doing that is the right thing. So I don't know how many people have agreed with that poster, hopefully that was a joke though. However, I don't think that having the opinion that your coach isn't cutting it and that the team needs a change in that area is being a backstabbing fan... I think this just means that the fans can see that there is something wrong with the team as it is right now, and that we all love the team enough to want changes made so that we can get back on track as fast as possible. I don't see this as backstabbing at all. But maybe that's just me.

I agree with everything that you have said . . . i guess is comes down to degree of opinion or the level of venum . . . surely stating that a coach is not getting is job done it one thing, saying we should think about another coach is a tad more intrusive, but still okay in my book, asking for the coach's job is perhaps okay in my book, but if it is done "too quick" (which of coarse is subjective) might be a little over the top and perhaps backstabbing, and chanting fire the coach is over the the top . . . surely that last point was likley not taken to heart in that thread as you mention . . .

i guess is comes down to it for me if one "rushes to judgement" and wants to dump a coach 7 games into a season when the coach has not had a losing season, albeit a short 2 yr career . . . i think a loosing season or two might be in order before one pulls the trigger . . . and yes i am extrememely mindful of the fanbase's interpertation of PM's clock ticking down and wanting to make the change before its too late . . .so it a tough balancing point . . . it is somewhat subjective . . .

and he has done well . .. 14-0, true there was a afterflow from the Dungy era, and did go 10-6 w/ injuries, yes i know some have mentioned GB winning the SB and yes PM has a great deal to do with team wins . . . but IMO Caldwell input had something to do with those seasons too, the colts have lost Mudd and Moore and that has to hurt some and not be attributed to Caldwell . . .

i can fully understand the concern to want to get PM an "elite" coach before its too late . . .