Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I really doubt he gets 5M coming off an Achilles injury. 5M is top 15 pay. Peterson, Gore, and Bell all played for around 1M last year. IMO, 2M would be the most he'd get for the year. Maybe 3M if the Colts thought he was 100% and wanted to be nice.
    • This is ND -related (not 2020).   Louis Nix, 29 years old, found dead after being reported missing. RIP   https://www.nfl.com/news/louis-nix-former-nfl-defensive-tackle-dies-at-age-29  
    • His choices cant be many with him being unsigned.    His choice could be, 24 hour fitness, or the Colts facility which is probably state of the art.   He also would get to work out with his "bro's"   I wonder exactly how much Mack will be worth in the open market.  The days of enormous RB contracts seem to be in the rearview mirror. He may get a 5-7 M per year deal at best.   There seems to be a significant more interest in keeping TY then Mack.
    • 100% same page. Really curious how FA works out this year. There will be much less competition. Does that mean smaller contracts?  Shorter contracts?  Status quo?  I've seen people saying the top end won't change but the mid level guys will get hurt. Makes sense but we'll see. I know having money is more advantageous than ever. 
    • Re-reading this thread...... it makes one realize how tough its going to be to find that stud DE the Colts clearly need.  My take: you keep the bird in the hand that you have in Houston. He's solid, and they need that kind of stable play at one DE.  As for the other DE slot, its one of four solutions: 1. Pray that Turay develops ( a true gamble ); 2. Draft that DE with one of the first two picks ( that's still a waiting game as it will likely take time for a guy being selected in the latter part of the draft to become an impact player ); 3. Go big in FA ( and then, the question is who?). 4. Do both 2 and 3.    IMO, the only way the Colts can afford to do number 4 (my preference) is if they move Nelson to LT. That, of course, is a gamble also, but you're going to have to pay him like a LT anyway, and the guy is so talented that he will likely be rock solid out on the edge. I don't believe the Colts can afford much more cap space on the O-line, meaning a quality LT will be hard to find unless they strike gold in the draft ( no guarantee there ). It would allow the Colts to take another DE in the first round of the draft to groom and ultimately replace Houston; take an offensive tackle/guard prospect like the kid out of Oklahoma State (Jenkins)  or N Dakota (Radunz) in the second round to move next to Nelson and learn on the job, or... if Nelson isn't as good a LT as I think, eventually take over at LT; and in the process, allows the team to fill the gaping hole at the other DE spot via Free Agency.   Who would that free agent DE be? Romeo Okwara jumps out as a potentially affordable, ascending talent with the physical measurables that the Colts love...... long arms, twitchy, strong hands, quick first step, proven ability (of course, everyone loves that kind of guy).  Trey Hendrickson, if he gets out of NO, is another major, potentially affordable talent. They will both cost money ($11-14m/yr), but this is the year to get a guy like that with the cap being so tight around the league. With less money tied up in the O-line, a player like this becomes gettable.    Final thoughts; the Colts badly need an injection of pass rush talent, and that player would be the missing piece to a top 5 D. They have to pay Nelson anyway. They can afford one major splash player in free agency. Why not go out in FA and get the DE they so desperately need, re-sign Houston, re-sign their other key defensive FA in Rhodes, and get the D where it needs to be?   
  • Members

• AustinnKaine

AustinnKaine 285

• Mrfox

Mrfox 5

• shasta519

shasta519 2,824

• DynaMike

DynaMike 33

• Gigc

Gigc 201

• Sikma