Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike McGlynn may play Center come Sunday vs Houston

TKnight24

Something to keep an eye out for this week as practice takes place

@KBowenColts: No Samson Satele or Jeff Linkenbach at practice today. Official injury report coming later.

@CraigKColts: Players not observed at media portion of work today had two OL - Satele, Linkenbach.

Is it possible for Holmes to play C come Sunday and keep Mike McGlynn at G?

In other injury news:

@TribStarTJames: Toler, Conner in full pads today at practice.

@KBowenColts: No Samson Satele or Jeff Linkenbach at practice today. Official injury report coming later.

@CraigKColts: Players not observed at media portion of work today had two OL - Satele, Linkenbach.

In other injury news:

If these 2 o-line guys not playing is the only injury concern for this week I will very happy. Also Toler practiced in full today so I would say if he practices full tomorrow and shows that there was no setbacks then he will finally play on Sun.

Will my line of choice come to fruition soon...been calling for it for a couple of months....

Castonzo, Reitz, McGlynn, Thornton(Link) and Cherilus????

Some said it would never happen....I hope it does...

That's what I'm thinking, along w hopefully starting Da'Rick. Perhaps we may see the O look better than it has since the Den game???? That's TBD.

That's what I'm thinking, along w hopefully starting Da'Rick. Perhaps we may see the O look better than it has since the Den game???? That's TBD.

Reitz is so much bigger and stronger than last year and before....I was amazed he was not in there to be honest.  He looked 'respectable' filling in for AC at LT....getting them in unison on the left side could be huge....!!!

Mcglynn is an upgrade over Satele but he's still a liability in pass protection. Hopefully Thornton statrs at RG and Reitz LG but i wanna see Holmes start at C. How do we know what we have in Holmes if the coaches won't even give him a chance to prove himself. Imo i think Holmes will be an upgrade over both Mcglynn and Satele. 

Reitz is so much bigger and stronger than last year and before....I was amazed he was not in there to be honest. He looked 'respectable' filling in for AC at LT....getting them in unison on the left side could be huge....!!!

Sometimes the coaching decisions confuse me but they would obviously know more than I do. Wonder if Reitz was just injured off & on this year. Looking forward to seeing if the line just even remotely improves this weekend.

Going to be a tough task for them.

Sometimes the coaching decisions confuse me but they would obviously know more than I do. Wonder if Reitz was just injured off & on this year. Looking forward to seeing if the line just even remotely improves this weekend.

Going to be a tough task for them.

Good point as always Malakai!!  

With Reitz being off and on injured the last 2 years, maybe they were limiting his reps?

I can tell you one thing....as I have said before...I was getting tired of his number being called for the 'Jumbo Package'  Time to get some reps and get cohesive before the playoffs!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!

In other injury news:

I like the last part :)

The good news for Toler is that we are going to play with the roof shut guaranteeing 70 degrees...he can ride the bike on the sidelines to stay loose.

I hoe he plays....but not if it means the groin will pop again and he is done....fine line.  I would err on the side of safety if ther is ANY question!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!

The good news for Toler is that we are going to play with the roof shut guaranteeing 70 degrees...he can ride the bike on the sidelines to stay loose.

I hoe he plays....but not if it means the groin will pop again and he is done....fine line.  I would err on the side of safety if ther is ANY question!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!

For sure. I at least want to get him to get back out there for the Jacksonville game though so that his first game back isn't in the playoffs. Once again not at the expense of him messin his groin up more and not being in the playoffs but I would really really like to see him come back for at least 1 game at the end and knock some of the rust off.

I want to see them give Holmes a shot at C, but would that mean Reitz would sit? I think Reitz is our best guard, but I'm worried if they put Holmes at C it would be Thorton and McGlynn at left and right guard.

I really want to see Castonzo, Reitz, Holmes, Thornton and Cherilus ... I think that would be the best line up we have, and if Holmes struggles they could just throw McGlynn in there, anyone but Satele.