Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The AFC looks more and more paved for Peyton right now

Jules

This is not a jinx thread, a troll thread or anything like that......

It's just sitting back and looking at the landscape of things and thinking that it might be one teams year.

The Patriots may be losing Gronk, I don't know if anything official is out but I heard rumors of a torn ACL. That looked pretty bad. If he is out until through the playoffs this is not the same offense and we all know this.

The Colts had a lot of early statement wins and I think will be a force for years, injuries starting early in the year though at TE, RB and the death blow of Reggie Wayne I think may have killed our contending status to make it as far as we would like.

The Bengals? Not sure yet. I never trust them but they are often talented. They have not won a playoff game in a long long LONG time though.

The 6th seed? Miami? Baltimore? I don't see serious competition there right now.

So the irony is you may have Peyton Manning going for #2 in the cold weather Super Bowl. But, while Eli got his second ring in Peyton's house possibly Peyton is meant to go for #2 in Eli's now.......

And the road appears as of now to be going through Denver too, a tough place to play.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a jinx thread, a troll thread or anything like that......

It's just sitting back and looking at the landscape of things and thinking that it might be one teams year.

The Patriots may be losing Gronk, I don't know if anything official is out but I heard rumors of a torn ACL. That looked pretty bad. If he is out until through the playoffs this is not the same offense and we all know this.

The Colts had a lot of early statement wins and I think will be a force for years, injuries starting early in the year though at TE, RB and the death blow of Reggie Wayne I think may have killed our contending status to make it as far as we would like.

The Bengals? Not sure yet. I never trust them but they are often talented. They have not won a playoff game in a long long LONG time though.

The 6th seed? Miami? Baltimore? I don't see serious competition there right now.

So the irony is you may have Peyton Manning going for #2 in the cold weather Super Bowl. But, while Eli got his second ring in Peyton's house possibly Peyton is meant to go for #2 in Eli's now.......

And the road appears as of now to be going through Denver too, a tough place to play.

I said this when the Super Bowl location was first noted.   No joke, true story.  

Anyway,  that's a way's off yet, but it could happen,  and Peyton proved today he CAN play, and throw TD's in the Cold.  

I said this when the Super Bowl location was first noted.   No joke, true story.  

Anyway,  that's a way's off yet, but it could happen,  and Peyton proved today he CAN play, and throw TD's in the Cold.  

I didn't think of that until recent weeks.......it does seem kinda odd for them to maybe trade rings in each others stadiums.

Of course yeah it's not over yet, you never know what could happen or who could get hot but the AFC is really starting to look like slim pickings......

Yeah, i don't see another team challenging Denver. I expect them to roll through the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl where they play the Seahawks. 

I would be really curious to see Seattle on a neutral field. They struggle a lot more away from Seattle so.....who knows what it would be like in the SB.

Yeah, i don't see another team challenging Denver. I expect them to roll through the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl where they play the Seahawks. 

I expected Denver to roll through the Ravens. They would have if the zebras didn't spot Baltimore 31 points off bogus calls and non calls. All save for one touchdown were aided by absolute crap.

Until I see Denver not get royally screwed again I do not believe it's their season. Gene Steratore tried his best to give the Giants/Broncos game to NY by spotting them 23 in week 2 but it wasn't nearly enough. 23 was all the refs scored while Denver got 41.

Maybe they got the screw job out of the way early. Or at least the attempt at one.

Even then the Colts and Pats beat 'em fair and square, so they're not unbeatable in a fairly well officiated (or close enough) game either. Though the Pats one should have been a tie at worst, they found a way to screw it up.

Another thing to keep in mind is Denver loves to get random cases of KKD (Kenton Keith Disease, aka HANDS OF STONE) and fumbulitis from the backs. The latter has been good for two weeks, but the former persists.

Here's a picture of Kenton Keith today.

golem.png

I 100% believe the logic.

But to me, I see 2 teams peaking a bit to early. Sea and Den....if the last dozen or so SBs prove anything it's about getting hot at the right time.

I feel like I've seen this story before. 2 teams dominating in Nov/Dec only to lose to the teams that get hot in Jan.

But to me, I see 2 teams peaking a bit to early. Sea and Den....if the last dozen or so SBs prove anything it's about getting hot at the right time.

I feel like I've seen this story before. 2 teams dominating in Nov/Dec only to lose to the teams that get hot in Jan.

Seattle is bad away from home. Peyton(no offense to him) chokes in the playoffs. I could see someone upsetting the Seahawks pretty easily, but the Broncos, not so much.

Like the Colts maybe? one can hope

New England is a gritty team, they and Belichick find different ways to win, IMO. Besides, no matter who comes out of the NFC, they always will have a better chance vs the AFC team.

49ers can shape a few things in the NFC, IMO. The Saints have to be hoping the 49ers knock out the Seahawks so that they can host the NFCCG.

You are right..

The loss of Gronkowski suggest its not New England's year...

Other than Tom Brady, he's the loss they could not survive.

Watch the reports this week on Wes Welker..That's his second concussion of the year..

It would hurt Denver badly to lose him permanently

I am not too worried Welker playing or not playing. His drops are just increasing. Only advantage is him being a decoy.

Oh Gronk is gone, no big deal. Its all about Tom Brady. Dont forget, he is the only player who is solely responsible for all the victory. Of course when they lose, its everyone else's fault.

Welker got a concussion? Didn't know this. I am sure he will be back though.

Heard Gronk is out for good. Yes I know they are the Patriots but in a way like us losing Wayne and others that hurts......bad.

You can only survive so many impact player losses.

In the NFC I am not really sure what to think. The two best teams (Seattle/NO) don't function well away from home. Saints IMO if in the SB would get creamed because they are an even worse cold weather team then the Broncos ever could be and Denver will at least have cold weather games to lead up to the SB if they do get there.

NE is one to watch but if the game was in Denver and not NE I think the outcome could be different.

Of course with Manning the sometimes "WTH" moments happen in big games you cannot predict........

I just don't think the AFC has it right now, we all are stumbling around with key injuries and trying to beat crappy teams. Denver seems like the best of the bunch to me and it is sometimes survival of the fittest in this league.......

And in a way Peyton DOES seem due.....

Guess we'll see. I was not calling Denver to win a thing last year if most remember. I thought they would lose before the SB.

Look, I am just happy we won the AFC South right now and are still relatively being able to keep Andrew in one piece. I am hoping and praying in the next year or two we can win it all finally again. This year sure I would love it but I am not sure this is possible. lmao I pray we can make a run.......but right now I would love more then anything to win A PLAYOFF GAME if we can manage that....KC anyone? Come on down!!! lmao

I am not delusional, Denver is the healthiest of the best teams left and will likely be the first seed.

And as far as I know there is no shocking Ray Lewis retirement story that is going to break open a few days before the playoffs begin?

Besides, with all this hoopla on Seattle we actually beat those guys you know. They can be had......away from Seattle of course.

I am not too worried Welker playing or not playing. His drops are just increasing. Only advantage is him being a decoy.

Oh Gronk is gone, no big deal. Its all about Tom Brady. Dont forget, he is the only player who is solely responsible for all the victory. Of course when they lose, its everyone else's fault.

Wow...Welker drops too many?....don't get hung up on drop numbers.....they are arbitrary..someone's opinion

..Welker's been sure handed...for Denver and he's the punt returner when Holliday is out...

Wwelker is as crucial to Denver as he was to NE.....

I mean come on...Jacob Tamme is the back up slot receiver and that's not his positon

After Sunday and the injury to Gronkowski, I would be shocked if this was not the matchup and Denver-Seattle would be as hyped a Super Bowl as we've ever seen..

....and it would be an almost even game....I don't know who would be favored

Wow...Welker drops too many?....don't get hung up on drop numbers.....they are arbitrary..someone's opinion

..Welker's been sure handed...for Denver and he's the punt returner when Holliday is out...

Wwelker is as crucial to Denver as he was to NE.....

I mean come on...Jacob Tamme is the back up slot receiver and that's not his positon

Someone's opinion?.

I hope we are watching the same games. He was directly responsible for the loss with NE. And he continue to drop passes when it matters. I am not saying he doesnt catch anything but he is not some saviour as we portray him.

I dont care how many catches you make. When you make a drop on a key 3rd down or a crucial goal line play, that changes the game.

We will see. I dont even think NE will reach Denver now that Gronk is gone.

Oh wait, Brady will make a chicken catch the ball?.

We'll see. Much depends if the Pats can hang on to the second seed. If they do then they have a good chance of facing him. I actually think the Colts will get the first chance as they look to be the fourth seed and the winner of 4/5 goes right to the 1 seed unless the 6 seed upsets the third.

No wind, no snow. We'll see. No QB on the other team always helps too.

What does the QB on the other team have to do with Peyton's arm?

If you want to do comparisons - he just played better in that freezing game than Brady has all season. That's with his receivers dropping a lot of passes, as usual, too.

Someone's opinion?.

I hope we are watching the same games. He was directly responsible for the loss with NE. And he continue to drop passes when it matters. I am not saying he doesnt catch anything but he is not some saviour as we portray him.

I dont care how many catches you make. When you make a drop on a key 3rd down or a crucial goal line play, that changes the game.

Seems that way but so it did last year and pretty much every year he was Indy. The weather will be a factor in Denver.

it seems all the Denver WR' shave issues and drops increase trying to catch a cold rock

announcers kept saying just imagine Peytons #'s without those drops, and last few weeks were to many

Balls yesterday would of turned a  3rd & long into a 1st down   at the titans 20 even if no YAC, instead  of a punt and while the ball was somewhat high, it was a loft throw with touch, not a strike throw , should of easily been a catch,l this while score was 14-7 titans favor I think

Weelker small stature and hands does make a hard rock hard to catch, but some of yesterdays like the TD  attempt to him was a low throw he just couldnt get his hands under, others yes while he is in stride

announcers counted 5 drops in 1st half yesterday by various recivers

Look, I am just happy we won the AFC South right now and are still relatively being able to keep Andrew in one piece. I am hoping and praying in the next year or two we can win it all finally again. This year sure I would love it but I am not sure this is possible. lmao I pray we can make a run.......but right now I would love more then anything to win A PLAYOFF GAME if we can manage that....KC anyone? Come on down!!! lmao

I am not delusional, Denver is the healthiest of the best teams left and will likely be the first seed.

And as far as I know there is no shocking Ray Lewis retirement story that is going to break open a few days before the playoffs begin?

Besides, with all this hoopla on Seattle we actually beat those guys you know. They can be had......away from Seattle of course.

You sound a tad depressed at the thought of Denver possibly going to the SB, or is it just me? ;)

What happened to Reggie Wayne?

I read heard Bernard Pollard did something yesterday during the Broncos/Titans game.  What was it?

I been saying all season the best team in the NFL is the Broncos and my pick to win the Super Bowl.  Some on here are saying Welker has another concussion and he's dropping more passes.  If you have two concussions are you done for the season?

The thing with Welker that seems to be getting more and more attention is he will put up great stats in the regular season but in the big game he will drop that one or two important key passes.

The Patriots are a team this season just barely hanging on by their teeth.  I just feel it's a matter of time before they're done for this season.  Pats losing Gronk is HUGE!  The first few games earlier in this season when the Pats didn't have Gronk the Pats' offense was pretty bad and they were relying on their defense to win games.  Well in those games they had Wilfork and Mayo.  Not anymore.  And the Pats might be the worst team in the NFL in the first half of play.  They barely beat the Browns yesterday at home.  Many Pats fans know this and are not homers.  They are concerned.

Now if the Pats win the rest of their games and finish 13-3 and the Broncos lose one more and finish with the same record then the Pats get home field through out.