Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The AFC looks more and more paved for Peyton right now

Jules

I have realistic expectations. I don't expect the the Patriots to win the Super Bowl this year because they've just lost too many of their core guys that pay off big time when its January and everything is on the line... You want those veteran star players who have been through it all before and learned from it, experienced it and know how to prepare and deal with it. Anything is possible though once you're in the playoffs, it just takes that magical string of 3-4 games and you're sitting on cloud 9 as the Champ of the world.

I'd say most that think of themselves as a knowledgable football fan knows that you can only sustain so many injuries to key cogs on your team before it starts to become too big a gap in talent to cover up for.  You can sustain a couple injuries to star players, but theres a reason those guys get paid at the top percentage of the league and take up a large percentage of the salary cap.  Its because they're extremely talented and some of the best at their position in the NFL, and in the case of Wilfork and Mayo, exceptional leaders that called the plays, assignments, gaps, etc..  they were like coaches out there, setting everyone up where they needed to be in real time and allowing the defense to be very flexible and react to the offenses personnel packages, formations, motion shifts, etc .  

The Ravens will be a good test as to where this team is at because that team is starting to hit their stride and they have Pitta back in the lineup as well to attack the middle of the field, which should really help open things up and create more opportunities for Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones.  Hopefully Dennard can get healthy in time for that game, because it would allow Arrington to go back to covering the slot receiver as the nickel back which plays into his strengths as a player.  He's a better nickel back than he is a #2 outside CB.  I think if Dennard is healthy, we can just keep McCourty as the single deep safety and Gregory can roam around and contribute in stopping the run, blitzing and other various disguises with the linebackers to try and get in Flacco's head.

Jamie Collins matches up well in the passing game from the outside linebacker position athletically, but hes a rookie so mental mistakes can and will happen.  I expect him to be on the field a lot matching up on Pitta, Talib will probably man up on Torrey Smith and they'll have Dennard/Arrington matched up on Jacoby Jones with Devin McCourty playing the deep side of the field more towards Jones because of his speed.  That leaves Logan Ryan on Marlon Brown, which should be a good matchup between some rookies.

The one saving grace in losing Mayo is that we're actually pretty deep at linebacker, although a lot of our linebackers are situational type players but we have enough of them to really mix it up and create some decent matchups from the 2nd level of the defense.  The big question is the defensive line with the 2 rookies in the middle of it, matching up against Baltimore's offensive line with Ray Rice in the backfield. If they torch us on the ground with Rice like they did a few years ago in the playoffs, in Gilette Stadium, then we'll be in some trouble.

At the end of the day the Patriots have a shot, but their chances of contending against the other top teams like the Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Chiefs, etc were significantly hurt when they lost Gronk for the season.  The defense really needs to step it up, but with 5 rookie starters that is going to be a big task for them, especially without their 2 best players and leaders in Mayo and Wilfork.

You can keep pretending like that doesn't affect a team if you'd like, but its obvious you're looking to instigate in just about every single post that you make. 

Can you just stop whining and making more excuses. Injuries, big deal. Just deal with it. Its part of football. Team is not good. Period. 

If Belichick hears you talk, he will puke.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you just stop whining and making more excuses. Injuries, big deal. Just deal with it. Its part of football. Team is not good. Period. 

If Belichick hears you talk, he will puke.

You're an obvious troll at this point.  I spend like 15 minutes or so of my time articulating a post and you respond with this.

Have a nice day, I won't be participating in any more discussions with you, troll.

You're an obvious troll at this point.  I spend like 15 minutes or so of my time articulating a post and you respond with this.

Have a nice day, I won't be participating in any more discussions with you, troll.

I am a troll, thats funny. Do you even know which forum you are in.

Just because you ramble and whine for 15 minutes, i have to reply with 20 pages?.

Ok, i will give you respect for the effort you took.

You sound a tad depressed at the thought of Denver possibly going to the SB, or is it just me? ;)

lol a few things make me a tad depressed chad,

1) I have a ton of work to do...

2) The Colts injuries on offense since the start of the year and thinking of our own potential if healthier.

I mean look, not saying the Broncos are this absolute lock and I am going to bet my house on them. And I am not completely counting out the Colts either and saying they have zero shot.......I actually really like our chances to win the first playoff game right now and then after that it's back to house money.

Last season I did not really ever think it was going to be Denver's year. This year I have gone back and forth on it. I now feel almost as if this is the year for Peyton.....if he wants it then they have to go and get it since it's being paved well at the moment IMO. I don't think even a team like Seattle is going to be this scary powerhouse in the Super Bowl either, we know how much more vulnerable they can be on the road and heck we even beat them. None of the NFC seriously petrifies me.......NO is an even worse cold weather team then Denver could imagine being and the others are not perfect themselves.

The 2005 Colts were expected by many like the 2012 Broncos to win it all and were solid favorites heading into the postseason. We all remember the big win streak Denver was on last year too.

The 2005 Steelers reminded me a bit of the 2012 Ravens.....

Of course the 2006 Colts were the third seed and I don't think the Broncos fall from a bye week but I have felt at times going back to the offseason that Manning might be "due" again.

I am fine with it too.......if it can't be us them I really don't care if it is Denver anymore. But, absolutely I hope it is the Colts but I am not sure this team is capable of putting together a win streak in the playoffs and I am being realistic.

2) The Colts injuries on offense since the start of the year and thinking of our own potential if healthier.

I mean look, not saying the Broncos are this absolute lock and I am going to bet my house on them. And I am not completely counting out the Colts either and saying they have zero shot.......I actually really like our chances to win the first playoff game right now and then after that it's back to house money.

Last season I did not really ever think it was going to be Denver's year. This year I have gone back and forth on it. I now feel almost as if this is the year for Peyton.....if he wants it then they have to go and get it since it's being paved well at the moment IMO. I don't think even a team like Seattle is going to be this scary powerhouse in the Super Bowl either, we know how much more vulnerable they can be on the road and heck we even beat them. None of the NFC seriously petrifies me.......NO is an even worse cold weather team then Denver could imagine being and the others are not perfect themselves.

The 2005 Colts were expected by many like the 2012 Broncos to win it all and were solid favorites heading into the postseason. We all remember the big win streak Denver was on last year too.

The 2005 Steelers reminded me a bit of the 2012 Ravens.....

Of course the 2006 Colts were the third seed and I don't think the Broncos fall from a bye week but I have felt at times going back to the offseason that Manning might be "due" again.

I am fine with it too.......if it can't be us them I really don't care if it is Denver anymore. But, absolutely I hope it is the Colts but I am not sure this team is capable of putting together a win streak in the playoffs and I am being realistic.

Colts looked contenders. Once Reggie was gone, that killed it.

I have realistic expectations. I don't expect the the Patriots to win the Super Bowl this year because they've just lost too many of their core guys that pay off big time when its January and everything is on the line... You want those veteran star players who have been through it all before and learned from it, experienced it and know how to prepare and deal with it. Anything is possible though once you're in the playoffs, it just takes that magical string of 3-4 games and you're sitting on cloud 9 as the Champ of the world.

I'd say most that think of themselves as a knowledgable football fan knows that you can only sustain so many injuries to key cogs on your team before it starts to become too big a gap in talent to cover up for.  You can sustain a couple injuries to star players, but theres a reason those guys get paid at the top percentage of the league and take up a large percentage of the salary cap.  Its because they're extremely talented and some of the best at their position in the NFL, and in the case of Wilfork and Mayo, exceptional leaders that called the plays, assignments, gaps, etc..  they were like coaches out there, setting everyone up where they needed to be in real time and allowing the defense to be very flexible and react to the offenses personnel packages, formations, motion shifts, etc .  

The Ravens will be a good test as to where this team is at because that team is starting to hit their stride and they have Pitta back in the lineup as well to attack the middle of the field, which should really help open things up and create more opportunities for Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones.  Hopefully Dennard can get healthy in time for that game, because it would allow Arrington to go back to covering the slot receiver as the nickel back which plays into his strengths as a player.  He's a better nickel back than he is a #2 outside CB.  I think if Dennard is healthy, we can just keep McCourty as the single deep safety and Gregory can roam around and contribute in stopping the run, blitzing and other various disguises with the linebackers to try and get in Flacco's head.

Jamie Collins matches up well in the passing game from the outside linebacker position athletically, but hes a rookie so mental mistakes can and will happen.  I expect him to be on the field a lot matching up on Pitta, Talib will probably man up on Torrey Smith and they'll have Dennard/Arrington matched up on Jacoby Jones with Devin McCourty playing the deep side of the field more towards Jones because of his speed.  That leaves Logan Ryan on Marlon Brown, which should be a good matchup between some rookies.

The one saving grace in losing Mayo is that we're actually pretty deep at linebacker, although a lot of our linebackers are situational type players but we have enough of them to really mix it up and create some decent matchups from the 2nd level of the defense.  The big question is the defensive line with the 2 rookies in the middle of it, matching up against Baltimore's offensive line with Ray Rice in the backfield. If they torch us on the ground with Rice like they did a few years ago in the playoffs, in Gilette Stadium, then we'll be in some trouble.

At the end of the day the Patriots have a shot, but their chances of contending against the other top teams like the Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Chiefs, etc were significantly hurt when they lost Gronk for the season.  The defense really needs to step it up, but with 5 rookie starters that is going to be a big task for them, especially without their 2 best players and leaders in Mayo and Wilfork.

You can keep pretending like that doesn't affect a team if you'd like, but its obvious you're looking to instigate in just about every single post that you make. 

I think NE has a fighting chance if they get a bye week. If they don't I think they are in trouble. NE has always seemed to have needed a bye week to make it to the Super Bowl.

I feel your pain.......the injuries sound like excuses but some serious talent has been lost from NE going back to Hernandez.

Heck with the Colts I don't feel AS bad since I know we have many more years with Luck to try and make it (and I am still not counting us out) but with Manning/Brady the opportunities will start becoming more rare.

With our young offense I would love to currently have Wayne/Bradshaw for veteran leadership/experience but not much we can do about it.

And if you guys could get back Gronk/Wilfork you would take that in a heartbeat.

I am just hoping we can win a playoff game at the moment though.....heck just winning the division feels good to me again. And I hope no more serious injuries occur in the AFC playoff teams before it all begins either.

I hope the Colts rally around Reggie in the next year or two and try to win it all with him. :goodluck: Stunning injury too, Wayne just about never missed a game and gets the fluke ACL tear. :( The only positive to this whole thing is that we are being forced to develop young guys.

In some ways I felt the Bradshaw/Ballard injuries were even worse since it made the Colts go and make the Richardson trade. Not that I am a total T Rich hater and think he can't get better, but if we didn't suffer injuries at RB we likely never go through all this.

I know I sound like a whiner...... :ninja:

I hope the Colts rally around Reggie in the next year or two and try to win it all with him. :goodluck: Stunning injury too, Wayne just about never missed a game and gets the fluke ACL tear. :( The only positive to this whole thing is that we are being forced to develop young guys.

In some ways I felt the Bradshaw/Ballard injuries were even worse since it made the Colts go and make the Richardson trade. Not that I am a total T Rich hater and think he can't get better, but if we didn't suffer injuries at RB we likely never go through all this.

I know I sound like a whiner...... :ninja:

Yep and also Allen's injury was big.

Its all good. Luck will take care of this franchise for a long long time. I have a feeling, its going to be Luck vs Wilson rivalry to watch in this decade.

Its all good. Luck will take care of this franchise for a long long time. I have a feeling, its going to be Luck vs Wilson rivalry to watch in this decade.

Yep that too, sigh.....

Oh I think we will be fine for a long time. I am actually a bit curious to see what we can do in the playoffs anyway and all. We are a bit of a mystery at times. :rock:

Don't work too hard, and spend more time with family. I had a hard month of November, December has been better ever since the thanksgiving time I spent with family and onwards. :)

To me, the Colts look like the 2008 Chargers, a #4 seed that can hang with the best #5 seed at home, but have issues on the road. That is why I don't think we go one and done, you probably echo that sentiment too. We are going into the playoffs, much like the 2008 Chargers at 8-8, and Tebow led 2011 Broncos at 8-8.

It almost seems to me that Peyton might follow the Kurt Warner route, take that 2nd team to the SB but chances are, lose to an NFC team like the Seahawks or even 49ers. But that is just my gut feeling now. We will see how it turns out.

One thing is for certain, things that used to happen with Peyton as a Colt do not necessarily accompany him as a Bronco in the 2 regular seasons that I have noticed (his team's performances on Sunday and Monday nights were better as a Colt I felt, his record vs the Chargers better as a Bronco etc.), so any assumptions that we have made about Peyton as a Colt may have to be thrown out with him as a Bronco.

Threads like the title of this one always give me pause. Why? Anytime something seems like a foregone conclusion, a wrench typically gets thrown in the works. I will admit that RB Montee Ball is doing a much better job with ball security & if Moreno stays healthy through February the Broncos prospects look pretty good. I just dislike an notion of rolling out the red carpet yet. It's way too early for that. What's the medical status of Derek Wolfe too? How soon, if at all, can he rejoin the starting DE rotation again? 

I believe in 18, but I need to see a Playoff victory with my own eyes too. I will give Peyton some leave way for his year out of the NFL in 2011 due to his 4 neck surgeries so when I say that Manning hasn't won a Playoff game since 2009 I need to remember that a year away from football undergoing rehab isn't all that devastating to Manning's post season record either. SW1 may be a tough grader, but I do pride myself on being fair. 

Also, I sincerely hope Wes Welker can play after the San Diego game too. Denver will need him down the stretch & why isn't Holiday on punt returns anymore? Is his confidence shaken or something? I really don't want Welker on return duty. He's far more important in the slot moving the 3rd down chains. 

Threads like the title of this one always give me pause. Why? Anytime something seems like a foregone conclusion, a wrench typically gets thrown in the works. I will admit that RB Montee Ball is doing a much better job with ball security & if Moreno stays healthy through February the Broncos prospects look pretty good. I just dislike an notion of rolling out the red carpet yet. It's way to early for that. What's the medical status of Derek Wolfe too? How soon, if at all, can he rejoin the starting DE rotation again? 

I believe in 18, but I need to see a Playoff victory with my own eyes too. I will give Peyton some leave way for his year out of the NFL in 2011 due to his 4 neck surgeries so when I say that Manning hasn't won a Playoff game since 2009 I need to remember that a year away from football undergoing rehab isn't all that devastating to Manning's post season record either. SW1 may be a tough grader, but I do pride myself on being fair. 

I am with you 

The other thing that worries me is the Denver defense & players like Kevin Vickerson who hit opposing QBs too much & cost their team 15 yards & a fresh set of downs. Plus, their pass D isn't pretty either & Peyton can't carry the Broncos out of deep hole anymore like he could in INDY from 2004-2009 anymore. I love Peyton, but those herculean feats of miracle comebacks are not so commonplace anymore & it's too much to ask a 37 year old HOF QB to be the lone savior anymore. Or put another way, you can't dig a hole so deep that even a young Aaron Rodgers would go "come on guys I know I'm good, but even I have my limitations fellas."

I was surprised to see John Fox to take some 4th down risks yesterday. Maybe his heart situation & time away from football gave John some fire, balls, & fierce competitiveness. It's L-O-N-G overdue & I was blown away to see it displayed against the Titans. Yeah Baby! 

The other thing that worries me is the Denver defense & players like Kevin Vickerson who hit opposing QBs too much & cost their team 15 yards & a fresh set of downs. Plus, their pass D isn't pretty either & Peyton can't carry the Broncos out of deep hole anymore like he could in INDY from 2004-2009 anymore. I love Peyton, but those herculean feats of miracle comebacks are not so commonplace anymore & it's too much to ask a 37 year old HOF QB to be the lone savior anymore. Or put another way, you can't dig a hole so deep that even a young Aaron Rodgers would go "come on guys I know I'm good, but even I have my limitations fellas."

I was surprised to see John Fox to take some 4th down risks yesterday. Maybe his heart situation & time away from football gave John some fire, balls, & fierce competitiveness. It's L-O-N-G overdue & I was blown away to see it displayed against the Titans. Yeah Baby! 

I am happy that bonehead ( vikerson ) is gone for IR. Remember the Colts game, when he kept knocking Luck down and giving 15 yards penalty.

I bet after 3 straight run against Ravens last year, Elway told him to be aggressive. I loved the 4th down calls.

I am happy that bonehead ( vikerson ) is gone for IR. Remember the Colts game, when he kept knocking Luck down and giving 15 yards penalty.

I bet after 3 straight run against Ravens last year, Elway told him to be aggressive. I loved the 4th down calls.

Exactly Shane, Vickerson was more a liability than an asset. The guy is talented, but his mental lapses royally tick me off. Grr! Stupidity is never a glowing skill set to exhibit. 

Calculated aggression is always a beautiful sight to see. Know when to throw conventional wisdom out the window, get a 1st down, or take a page from Bill Belichick & go for the kill shot. Hard, fast, & decisive. Never, never, never let your enemy get up.

Exactly Shane, Vickerson was more a liability than an asset. The guy is talented, but his mental lapses royally tick me off. Grr! Stupidity is never a glowing skill set to exhibit. 

Calculated aggression is always a beautiful sight to see. Know when to throw conventional wisdom out the window, get a 1st down, or take a page from Bill Belichick & go for the kill shot. Hard, fast, & decisive. Never, never, never let your enemy get up.

Man its scary we are on the same page to the tee

And they are 6/6 in 4th down. Peyton didnt let him down.

Don't work too hard, and spend more time with family. I had a hard month of November, December has been better ever since the thanksgiving time I spent with family and onwards. :)

To me, the Colts look like the 2008 Chargers, a #4 seed that can hang with the best #5 seed at home, but have issues on the road. That is why I don't think we go one and done, you probably echo that sentiment too. We are going into the playoffs, much like the 2008 Chargers at 8-8, and Tebow led 2011 Broncos at 8-8.

It almost seems to me that Peyton might follow the Kurt Warner route, take that 2nd team to the SB but chances are, lose to an NFC team like the Seahawks or even 49ers. But that is just my gut feeling now. We will see how it turns out.

One thing is for certain, things that used to happen with Peyton as a Colt do not necessarily accompany him as a Bronco in the 2 regular seasons that I have noticed (his team's performances on Sunday and Monday nights were better as a Colt I felt, his record vs the Chargers better as a Bronco etc.), so any assumptions that we have made about Peyton as a Colt may have to be thrown out with him as a Bronco.

Dead freaking on Chad. Bingo.

We could be the 2008 Chargers. lmao Man now I fear the divisional round. LOL.

And yeah a lot of things about Manning as a Bronco ARE NOT the same as him as a Colt. It's kinda strange.....and interesting.

As for Peyton, if the patterns hold true.....it will be AFC West vs. NFC South right? Seattle/SF if this happens in the divisional could tell the whole story of the playoffs. I think if Seattle loses then the NFC may go to the Saints.

btw glad to hear you are having a good month!

Man its scary we are on the same page to the tee

And they are 6/6 in 4th down. Peyton didnt let him down.

Yeah, it was great to watch Shane. Last season, the Broncos loss fell squarely on Fox's shoulders. This year, I want no excuses Peyton. The regular season is meaningless to me. Win in the post season & cross the finish line Yoda. I know what Drew Brees & Tom Brady are capable of. It's time to set the post season on fire & bring home a 2nd ring. No timidity now Peyton. Put the pedal to the metal & floor it. Demonstrate to me why I have defended your QB prowess for so many years. It's now or never. 

When SW1 is weary of your Playoff shortcomings & once that loyalty runs out that is a HUGE problem. No more aw shucks maybe next year. That ends here & now...Tick, tock, tick...My patience has it's breaking point after all...I can't lie to myself anymore. 

Get to the Big Dance & win the darn thing...No more pardons, no more free passes, validate your elite greatness or...SW1 must admit that my confidence in you was misplaced...It gives me no pleasure to say that whatsoever, but it is what it is...

Let the backlash begin...There are different plateaus of HOF greatness. I have always believed that. Your final NFL legacy is at stake here. I will always respect you,but my ranking of you will become shuffled downward if you fail to seal the deal. 

Yeah, they made that ravens defense look unreal last year, that's for sure

The poster was talking about the teams the Pats have beaten in the playoffs not the ones they have lost to. And I had already said that the Ravens were the better team not only last year but the year before when the Pats beat them in the AFCCG. Unlike Manning apologists, I can admit when my team gets beat.

The poster was talking about the teams the Pats have beaten in the playoffs not the ones they have lost to. And I had already said that the Ravens were the better team not only last year but the year before when the Pats beat them in the AFCCG. Unlike Manning apologists, I can admit when my team gets beat.

I like how you used team and not Brady gets beat...it would be nice to see that used by people around here when Peyton loses...but thats such an old arguement.

As for the topic...I think it will be INCREDIBLY difficult for the Broncos. The will likely play the winner of Colts/Chiefs and its incredibly difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season...and obviously we matched up well against them the first time. After that both Cincy and NE would be a great matchup for them because they are cold weather teams and matchup well against them. There isn't going to be a cupcake at all...once you get passed the wild card games any team is more than capable of going the distance at that point. They should have home field...and that will be a big bonus but I think it will NOT be easy if they have to play the Chiefs for a 3rd time.

I like how you used team and not Brady gets beat...it would be nice to see that used by people around here when Peyton loses...but thats such an old arguement.

As for the topic...I think it will be INCREDIBLY difficult for the Broncos. The will likely play the winner of Colts/Chiefs and its incredibly difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season...and obviously we matched up well against them the first time. After that both Cincy and NE would be a great matchup for them because they are cold weather teams and matchup well against them. There isn't going to be a cupcake at all...once you get passed the wild card games any team is more than capable of going the distance at that point. They should have home field...and that will be a big bonus but I think it will NOT be easy if they have to play the Chiefs for a 3rd time.

The term "cupcake" was not mine as I would never use that term to describe any playoff team. When you are one of the last six teams standing in a 16 team conference you are team that can win it all as evidenced by the number of six seeds that have advanced to the Super Bowl or won it all in recent seasons. Match ups are key in these games and I agree that the Broncos won't have an easy time advancing. I think the Chiefs would be better for them than the Colts as right now the Chiefs D has no answer for the Denver O. I really liked the way Indy played them earlier in the season - tough and physical. I agree also about Cincy and NE giving them a hard time. And don't forget the Ravens if they make it in.

Can you just stop whining and making more excuses. Injuries, big deal. Just deal with it. Its part of football. 

Very true, and solid advice. 

Um, but wait a second... I thought you just said... 

And I... well... now I'm confused.  ;)

I'm just messing with you SB but this was pretty funny, you gotta admit.  :clap:

On topic now...

Obviously the front-running teams are the Broncos and Patriots at this point. The Gronkowski injury was big. It doesn't kill the Patriots' chances but it certainly makes them an easier out in the postseason. 

As Jules said, a lot of it will come down to which team grabs the top seed. If the SB goes through Foxboro, I like New England's chances as much as any team's. That of course means they'll have to win out and the Broncos will have to stumble in one of these last three games. But the head-to-head tiebreaker could come into play.

Cincy, as much as I still doubt them, has the potential to pull off an upset in the playoffs. If Dalton is at his best and that defense comes to play, they could be hard to handle. 

I think Indy has an outside shot at pulling off a Cinderella-story-type run, but it will take a lot of inspired football, and a good deal of luck. 

The wildcard teams? Man, who knows. I don't think KC has the offense or the QB but I thought that about the Ravens last year. And unless one team emerges from the rest of the pack, they're all pretty much long shots. It may come down to which team is the healthiest in the end. 

The term "cupcake" was not mine as I would never use that term to describe any playoff team. When you are one of the last six teams standing in a 16 team conference you are team that can win it all as evidenced by the number of six seeds that have advanced to the Super Bowl or won it all in recent seasons. Match ups are key in these games and I agree that the Broncos won't have an easy time advancing. I think the Chiefs would be better for them than the Colts as right now the Chiefs D has no answer for the Denver O. I really liked the way Indy played them earlier in the season - tough and physical. I agree also about Cincy and NE giving them a hard time. And don't forget the Ravens if they make it in.

Oh I didn't mean to imply...just saying there is no easy path when your down to the final four as it will be with them. I just wouldn't want to play the Chiefs if I was them....3 times in a season....surely they will have an adjustment...and if they have their pass rush healthy they have the best team to get after Peyton. The Colts wouldn't be easy for sure...but I think they could be forced to be one dimensional and without Wayne I think the Broncos could outscore them this time. KC was a couple plays away from winning that last game....a turnover in the endzone and a 4th down conversion from winning that game. They have a balanced attack and if their receivers catch the ball....I think they can force Peyton to press a bit. Their offense has really stepped up late in the year. A healthy Houston and Hali would not be good for the Broncos a third time. Cincy's D is stone tough but their offense really hit or miss and I would say Bill always has a good gameplan against Peyton and if they take care of the ball could do enough to beat them. No matter who comes out of with the 6th seed I don't think they can go into Cincy win, NE win and DEN win. While Baltimore can play well with Pita and their receivers healthy they don't have the same team this year....they miss Bolden and that defense up the middle isn't the same. I doubt they make it....actually see Miami getting in.

Very true, and solid advice. 

Um, but wait a second... I thought you just said... 

And I... well... now I'm confused.  ;)

I'm just messing with you SB but this was pretty funny, you gotta admit.  :clap:

On topic now...

Obviously the front-running teams are the Broncos and Patriots at this point. The Gronkowski injury was big. It doesn't kill the Patriots' chances but it certainly makes them an easier out in the postseason. 

As Jules said, a lot of it will come down to which team grabs the top seed. If the SB goes through Foxboro, I like New England's chances as much as any team's. That of course means they'll have to win out and the Broncos will have to stumble in one of these last three games. But the head-to-head tiebreaker could come into play.

Cincy, as much as I still doubt them, has the potential to pull off an upset in the playoffs. If Dalton is at his best and that defense comes to play, they could be hard to handle. 

I think Indy has an outside shot at pulling off a Cinderella-story-type run, but it will take a lot of inspired football, and a good deal of luck. 

The wildcard teams? Man, who knows. I don't think KC has the offense or the QB but I thought that about the Ravens last year. And unless one team emerges from the rest of the pack, they're all pretty much long shots. It may come down to which team is the healthiest in the end. 

Lol, i wasnt whining my friend. I just stated what happend. 

Gronk is big time. I love that guy as a person and a player. I dont want any team to beat the Pats when they are not a full team, its not the same.

Oh I didn't mean to imply...just saying there is no easy path when your down to the final four as it will be with them. I just wouldn't want to play the Chiefs if I was them....3 times in a season....surely they will have an adjustment...and if they have their pass rush healthy they have the best team to get after Peyton. The Colts wouldn't be easy for sure...but I think they could be forced to be one dimensional and without Wayne I think the Broncos could outscore them this time. KC was a couple plays away from winning that last game....a turnover in the endzone and a 4th down conversion from winning that game. They have a balanced attack and if their receivers catch the ball....I think they can force Peyton to press a bit. Their offense has really stepped up late in the year. A healthy Houston and Hali would not be good for the Broncos a third time. Cincy's D is stone tough but their offense really hit or miss and I would say Bill always has a good gameplan against Peyton and if they take care of the ball could do enough to beat them. No matter who comes out of with the 6th seed I don't think they can go into Cincy win, NE win and DEN win. While Baltimore can play well with Pita and their receivers healthy they don't have the same team this year....they miss Bolden and that defense up the middle isn't the same. I doubt they make it....actually see Miami getting in.

The Ravens defense up the middle is way better than last year. Smith has been better than Lewis , and the d line and linebackers are better than last year. The secondary is very strong. Pitta had 6 catches and a touchdown in his return. The key, or lack thereof of making the playoffs this year, is winning on the road in the regular season. That has been a problem for many years. If they win at Detroit, look out, they could be getting hot. A loss out there and a Miami win could leave them out in the cold

The Ravens defense up the middle is way better than last year. Smith has been better than Lewis , and the d line and linebackers are better than last year. The secondary is very strong. Pitta had 6 catches and a touchdown in his return. The key, or lack thereof of making the playoffs this year, is winning on the road in the regular season. That has been a problem for many years. If they win at Detroit, look out, they could be getting hot. A loss out there and a Miami win could leave them out in the cold

I think this Ravens D is better too. Your O has its issues though but Pitta will help.

The schedule the rest of the way is brutal though - at Detroit, home with Pats, at Cincy. The Fins have NE at home, Buffalo and Jets. I really think how the NE games go could swing things. If Pats beat Maimi and then you beat the Pats then you have a good chance. I do like you vs Cincy too as they are not ready yet to take that step and win the big game. And as you say, I like Joe in big games. Division could actually be on that line at that point, not the WC.

Lol, i wasnt whining my friend. I just stated what happend. 

Gronk is big time. I love that guy as a person and a player. I dont want any team to beat the Pats when they are not a full team, its not the same.

I know I know... just teasing. Cheers! 

They have the Raiders and Chargers at home. I could easily see 9-7. I didn't see them winning at Denver , so they are a huge factor now. On top of that, we have stupid Matt Elam mouthing off about Megatron, when we have a critical game at Detroit. We will see if Flacco can earn some of that 120 million.