Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we can be Super Bowl contenders...

bap1331

How are people going to say that because we have no offense, that we have no chance. Our defense is known to step up in the playoffs and most of those times when we went far. Our defense wasn't even in the top 10.

Imagine what we can do if our defense is already great. In playoff mode it will go to awesome.

We may not have the best offense and neither was the 2002 Bucs offense or the 2000 Ravens. I think we can find our rythym by the Bengals game and get things on offense going.

Our current offensive linemen helped us through the biggest wins of the season so who says we can't do it now or in the playoffs. Don't forget that Reggie did drop some balls throughout the season too. Especially on 3rd downs. He wasn't exactly our savior. Our defense was our real playmaker. So then the offense will step up eventually. We still have 4 weeks left so we need to stop worrying.

Remember, defense wins championships!

Believe in Blue! LOL.

Just get into the playoffs and anything can happen.  Having a home game in the first round will be huge.  From there we are really playing with house money and this team plays at it's best when the whole world counts them out and they can use that it's us against the world mentality.  Now with that said, it would be everyone counting them out if we all expected a run to the Super Bowl this year.  If they do it then it will be shocking but lately in the NFL playoffs that's been more common than not. 

I've seen stranger things happen once the playoffs start. Just last year the ravens lost their last 4 of 5 heading into the playoffs and won it all. Just get in the tournament.

In theory, I agree with that...Enter the playoff dance & see what happens. Your 2012 Ravens example is not a strong argument to me because that squad had a huge veteran presence on it with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Anquan Boldin, Paul Kruger, & Bernard Pollard on it. 

That leadership alone made Baltimore psychologically strong & firing on all cylinders for the most part. With Wayne, Bradshaw, & Ballard gone, we are nowhere near healthy enough to make a deep post season SB run not even close. Donald Brown has exceeded my expectations though. I will admit that.  

I've seen stranger things happen once the playoffs start. Just last year the ravens lost their last 4 of 5 heading into the playoffs and won it all. Just get in the tournament.

Yes, Ravens made one change to the O-Line and it became dominate. Sure hope we get Link back soon! Hahahaha

Hmmm! Who will become our Bolden?

Reggie said he fixed 1/2 DHB`s problem by talking to DHB and getting him to admit he messed up, so there we go.

Yes, Ravens made one change to the O-Line and it became dominate. Sure hope we get Link back soon! Hahahaha

Hmmm! Who will become our Bolden?

Reggie said he fixed 1/2 DHB`s problem by talking to DHB and getting him to admit he messed up, so there we go.

Hmm well we tried 1 change to the o-line and he didn't do all that well and then got injured. Maybe we made the wrong 1 change and when Reitz gets in there that will make our o-line better.

It's really quite simple at this point. If the Colts can get back to running the ball successfully and playing sounder defensively against the run, they have a chance to go far.

This week against the Bengals will show if this team is moving towards that or just continuing to go up and down like they have the past few weeks.

It's really quite simple at this point. If the Colts can get back to running the ball successfully and playing sounder defensively against the run, they have a chance to go far.

This week against the Bengals will show if this team is moving towards that or just continuing to go up and down like they have the past few weeks.

yep I agree with you...... this game against Cinci is HUGE in figuring out were this team is at... if we can move the ball on offense in this game that is a good sign because their defence is Really good... it will be a dog fight too the bitter end but I believe our team will rise up...

Hmm well we tried 1 change to the o-line and he didn't do all that well and then got injured. Maybe we made the wrong 1 change and when Reitz gets in there that will make our o-line better.

Based on last year, I have no doubt our pass protection would improve with him in. Andrew needs HELP NOW!