Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jarvis Landry

I'm going to agree wholeheartedly.  He runs great routes and has HANDS.  Beckham Jr got the pub because he was faster, but Landry is good in his own regard.

I wanted him prior to giving up our first.  Now I'm kind of verklempt because I don't think he'll last til our pick in the second, but I'm not all for giving up the farm to move up for him.  *sigh*  Maybe he'll be like Robert Woods and fall to the second...I can hope. 

Get Cody Latimer if he comes out. I am a big IU fan and I can tell you the kid is going to be special, great size at about 6'3 215, great hands, in fact, I can't remember him ever dropping a pass in his career at IU (He is only a junior), good route runner, really has all of the tools, but he is overlooked playing on IU, but if he is available when we pick in the 2nd, that is if he even comes out, we should take him, he will be a great NFL player

Kelvin Benjamin at bottom of 3rd

L'Damian Washington- Missouri senior looks good to, 6'4" good hands, deep speed,  needs to learn how to use it more consistently but I like this kids upside...But does look a bit uninterested in making plays if the ball is not thrown to him,

Get Cody Latimer if he comes out. I am a big IU fan and I can tell you the kid is going to be special, great size at about 6'3 215, great hands, in fact, I can't remember him ever dropping a pass in his career at IU (He is only a junior), good route runner, really has all of the tools, but he is overlooked playing on IU, but if he is available when we pick in the 2nd, that is if he even comes out, we should take him, he will be a great NFL player

Sorry but that's he IU fan in you. Good in college but hardly worth our first pick.

As for OP, Jordan Matthews>>>>>>>>

L'Damian Washington- Missouri senior looks good to, 6'4" good hands, deep speed,  needs to learn how to use it more consistently but I like this kids upside...But does look a bit uninterested in making plays if the ball is not thrown to him,

Washington is nothing more than a deep threat right now. Too lean and doesn't use his hands enough.

Benjamin is a good player, shouldn't run a very good 40 but thick and string and breaks tackles.

Washington is nothing more than a deep threat right now. Too lean and doesn't use his hands enough.

Benjamin is a good player, shouldn't run a very good 40 but thick and string and breaks tackles.

Yeah I saw that in Washington a bit, I think as a mid round prospect though he would be a solid pick for us, Benjamin I do like more however, either player I'd like at the bottom of the 3rd as players who have a big upside given time to develop

Sorry but that's he IU fan in you. Good in college but hardly worth our first pick.

As for OP, Jordan Matthews>>>>>>>>

I do doubt he comes out this season, but he will be a very good player in this league, he really has it all, route running, size, hands, speed, what is he missing in your eyes? Remember he still put up very good #'s against MSU and their great secondary, which has a likely first round prospect at corner

Guest TeamLoloJones

40's are overrated to an extent, many wr's run bad 40's for there position but are good wr's

Keenan Allen for example.  Although his time was affected by his injury.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think Benjamin is going to end up going in the early 2nd...he's really been coming on lately.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He's gonna be one of the best WRs in the draft. I would love it if the Colts take him. He kind of reminds me of Reggie.

I'm liking the idea of drafting Landry in the 2nd more and more.  If Rogers can keep developing into a #1 WR, and be the big target for Luck, then Landry as our possession WR, and the future Wayne replacement, sounds like a very intriguing plan.

I think Benjamin is going to end up going in the early 2nd...he's really been coming on lately.

I don't think he impresses at his 40....since some teams do put a lot of stock into that.....I like him at the bottom of 2nd or middle bottom wherever we pick....Although don't think he would be my first choice there

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't think he impresses at his 40....since some teams do put a lot of stock into that.....I like him the bottom of 2nd or middle bottom wherever we pick....Although don't think he would be my firs choice there

I think his skill set being utilized in the red zone will keep teams interested regardless of his 40 time.  Same with Mike Evans.

Guest TeamLoloJones

No shot of it happening but I'd love to get Evans

Yeah Evans should go in the top 20.  What is your take on Landry?  I've been watching more and more of this kid, and I think he is far more NFL ready than Beckham Jr.

Guest TeamLoloJones

No. Devante Adams is the one that looks like a young Reggie Wayne.

I think Adams is being completely overhyped.  He has face zero good defenses, with zero NFL-talent DBs.  He's a good player, but I would put about 7 WRs in this draft that I would take in front of him.

I think Adams is being completely overhyped.  He has face zero good defenses, with zero NFL-talent DBs.  He's a good player, but I would put about 7 WRs in this draft that I would take in front of him.

I don't know the player.....   but since our first pick will be in the 50's,  those 7 WR's you'd like more maybe all gone by the time our pick comes around.

Just something to consider.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't know the player.....   but since our first pick will be in the 50's,  those 7 WR's you'd like more maybe all gone by the time our pick comes around.

Just something to consider.

If we go WR with our pick in the 2nd...I want Jarvis Landry.  I have him as the 7th best WR in the draft, and he should go around our pick.  

This is where I think the WRs go in the draft...(things could change based on where teams finish)

1st Round

5th pick-Sammy Watkins

10th pick-Marqise Lee

20th pick-Mike Evans

25th pick-Jordan Matthews

2nd Round

3rd pick- Kelvin Benjamin

10th pick- Allen Robinson

20th pick-Jarvis Landry

30th pick- Davante Adams

Yeah Evans should go in the top 20.  What is your take on Landry?  I've been watching more and more of this kid, and I think he is far more NFL ready than Beckham Jr.

Beckman Jr. is the most hyped player on the team but Landry will be the better pro. I think Rams reunite Matthews and Evans.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Beckman Jr. is the most hyped player on the team but Landry will be the better pro. I think Rams reunite Matthews and Evans.

I would love Beckham Jr. though if he fell.  He's not quite the receiver Landy is, but Odell would be a great addition as a punt and kick returner.

I would love Beckham Jr. though if he fell.  He's not quite the receiver Landy is, but Odell would be a great addition as a punt and kick returner.

Which has all been about phased out unless you have a Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson or Devin Hester on the team though....Just down the ball and take the free 20....Besides our kick coverage is not good

Guest TeamLoloJones

Which has all been about phased out unless you have a Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson or Devin Hester on the team though....Just down the ball and take the free 20....Besides our kick coverage is not good

Yes, but Beckham would not be just a KR/PR.  He's talented enough to be a 3rd WR on a lot of teams.  I just think if we are looking for a future Reggie, we are much better off with Landry than Beckham Jr.

Yes, but Beckham would not be just a KR/PR.  He's talented enough to be a 3rd WR on a lot of teams.  I just think if we are looking for a future Reggie, we are much better off with Landry than Beckham Jr.

Might be, I'd have to look more into it, I like Moncrief or Coleman

Guest TeamLoloJones

Hasnt Landry drawn comparison to Reggie Wayne BTW?

I've heard a few people say it.  Landry is the same size as Reggie, has great hands.  He's not quite on Reggie's level of route running, but Landry is still far above the average College WR in that regard.  Landry is also a little faster, and shiftier than Reggie.  I think it's hard to compare a future Hall of Famer to anyone, but from a pure skill set standpoint, I don't see another WR in the entire draft I would compare to Reggie as much as Landry.  I said the exact same thing about Keenan Allen last year.