Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jarvis Landry

Guest TeamLoloJones

Might be, I'd have to look more into it, I like Moncrief or Coleman

I'm talking about Landry as our 2nd round pick if Rogers takes the reins as our #1 WR, and he is the big outside target.  If he doesn't pan out, then we need to target a big WR instead of another possession guy.

Beckman Jr. is the most hyped player on the team but Landry will be the better pro. I think Rams reunite Matthews and Evans.

I couldn't justify spending the number 2 pick on a RT. Unless there is a QB they like I think the Rams trade down.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I know I see the potential when I see Landry play...but I'm not paid to know that.  

I want a route runner with hands, a mediocre 40 time be darned.  DHB just kills me...size, speed, and stones for hands.  *sigh*

If you asked me who has the best hands in the country I would rate them...

1. Sammy Watkins

2. Jordan Matthews.

3.Jarvis Landry  

4. Brandin Cooks

5. Mike Evans

Best route runners.  

1. Jordan Matthews  

2. Jarvis Landry  

3. Marqise Lee

4. Jared Abbrederis

5. Allen Robinson

Speed/Explosive Ability

1. Sammy Watkins

2. Marqise Lee

3. Brandin Cooks

4. Robert Herron

5. Odell Beckham Jr.

I think Adams is being completely overhyped. He has face zero good defenses, with zero NFL-talent DBs. He's a good player, but I would put about 7 WRs in this draft that I would take in front of him.

Agree on the competition, but his skill set is so impressive that it wont matter much. I think he'll be the 3rd or 4th WR off the board come draft time.

He has an insane 42" vert, and his 40 is around 4.48. He is fast enough and had crazy good body control and really good hands. I see potential nr 1 receiver here.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Agree on the competition, but his skill set is so impressive that it wont matter much. I think he'll be the 3rd or 4th WR off the board come draft time.

You could be right, but In my mind there are other guys I like better.  I wouldn't throw a complete fit though if we did draft him.

I'm going to agree wholeheartedly.  He runs great routes and has HANDS.  Beckham Jr got the pub because he was faster, but Landry is good in his own regard.

I wanted him prior to giving up our first.  Now I'm kind of verklempt because I don't think he'll last til our pick in the second, but I'm not all for giving up the farm to move up for him.  *sigh*  Maybe he'll be like Robert Woods and fall to the second...I can hope. 

Did you really say "verklempt"?

If we go WR with our pick in the 2nd...I want Jarvis Landry.  I have him as the 7th best WR in the draft, and he should go around our pick.  

This is where I think the WRs go in the draft...(things could change based on where teams finish)

1st Round

5th pick-Sammy Watkins

10th pick-Marqise Lee

20th pick-Mike Evans

25th pick-Jordan Matthews

2nd Round

3rd pick- Kelvin Benjamin

10th pick- Allen Robinson

20th pick-Jarvis Landry

30th pick- Davante Adams

Good lists....  (I think...)

You should print your list and keep a copy of it....   or just remember this post!

And refer back to it over the coming months...    the list is likely to change come after the all-star games, combine and private workouts...

Will be interesting to see how your final list and the actual draft compares to this list in early December...

Good stuff!     Thanks!      :thmup:

Guest TeamLoloJones

Good lists....  (I think...)

You should print your list and keep a copy of it....   or just remember this post!

And refer back to it over the coming months...    the list is likely to change come after the all-star games, combine and private workouts...

Will be interesting to see how your final list and the actual draft compares to this list in early December...

Good stuff!     Thanks!      :thmup:

Things could change a lot too if more players decide to stay in college another year...but if the draft was tomorrow and there was no combine, this is where I think they would go.

Things could change a lot too if more players decide to stay in college another year...but if the draft was tomorrow and there was no combine, this is where I think they would go.

Well,TBH I'm kinda hoping you are wrong, because my #1 for a WR in this Draft is Allen Robinson. Which I sort of hope he decides to go back to complete his degree, so next year if he jumps in stock, we still atleast have chance of getting him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Well,TBH I'm kinda hoping you are wrong, because my #1 for a WR in this Draft is Allen Robinson. Which I sort of hope he decides to go back to complete his degree, so next year if he jumps in stock, we still atleast have chance of getting him.

If we are set on taking a WR with our 2nd or even our 3rd round pick, I don't think we could make a bad pick.  There is so much WR talent in this draft all the way to the 4th round, it's almost ridiculous.  After the guys I listed there's Brandin Cooks, Brandon Coleman, Devonte Parker,  Paul Richardson, Robert Herron, Odell Beckham Jr., Rashad Greene, Jared Abbrederis.  But there in lies the problem.  So many underclassmen, that a whole bunch could return to school and change the landscape of the draft.  If I was one of these guys going in the 2nd-3rd round, I would go back to school and try to be a 1st rounder next year.

If we are set on taking a WR with our 2nd or even our 3rd round pick, I don't think we could make a bad pick.  There is so much WR talent in this draft all the way to the 4th round, it's almost ridiculous.  After the guys I listed there's Brandin Cooks, Brandon Coleman, Devonte Parker,  Paul Richardson, Robert Herron, Odell Beckham Jr., Rashad Greene, Jared Abbrederis.  But there in lies the problem.  So many underclassmen, that a whole bunch could return to school and change the landscape of the draft.  If I was one of these guys going in the 2nd-3rd round, I would go back to school and try to be a 1st rounder next year.

who all in that group is underclassmen

Guest TeamLoloJones

who all in that group is underclassmen

By underclassmen I mean they have at least one year of eligibility left...which would be everyone I listed except Jordan Matthews, Brandon Coleman, Robert Herron, and Jared Abbrederis

By underclassmen I mean they have at least one year of eligibility left...which would be everyone I listed except Jordan Matthews, Brandon Coleman, Robert Herron, and Jared Abbrederis

oh wow i had no idea there was that many and yea that would definately shake up the draft

Guest TeamLoloJones

oh wow i had no idea there was that many and yea that would definately shake up the draft

I would expect only a couple of them to stay in school, but it still can make quite a difference by the time you get to the late 2nd and 3rd round.