Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pull For The Texans Today

King Colt

I'll have the Texans game on a second tv hoping in miracles as I know we will see Brady & co. in the playoffs but all games now are critical. It would figure as pathetic as the Texans are playing for them to win but   unfortunately Kenum is too fresh to get it done. 

Dan Dierdorf, thanks for reminding me why you shouldn't be doing Patriots games.....does something about Tom Brady make your pants wet or something?

I'm NOT going to miss you when you retire this year.

Good god.

Just Pats games? He shouldn't be commentating PERIOD.

Worst commentator ever during a Saints game.

Happy to get out with a win. Houston is a tough team. Lots of talent but can't see to pull out close games. Not sure how you can not keep Case as the guy for this season and let him compete for next season as well. Guy can make all the throws and is great under pressure and on the run.

Happy to get out with a win. Houston is a tough team. Lots of talent but can't see to pull out close games. Not sure how you can not keep Case as the guy for this season and let him compete for next season as well. Guy can make all the throws and is great under pressure and on the run.

Most of the season hes actually been straight up terrible under pressure. He relies a lot on Andre still being able to just go get everything he throws his way. Case is a good backup at best.

Most of the season hes actually been straight up terrible under pressure. He relies a lot on Andre still being able to just go get everything he throws his way. Case is a good backup at best.

I don't know, I have watched a good amount of his games and that guy can flat out play. Talib was saying before the game how he can make every throw and makes you play honest as he will find the open guy.

I like Dierdorf. Then I like football :huthut:

OAN I don't see how NE goes far into the playoffs with that defense of late. Then again they are winning dogfights and that's a good sign.

Have to be better against the run to have a chance but their young guys are coming on - Ryan, Vellano, Collins. But to he honest that Houston team is talented offensively. Their record says they are garbage but it is the same team talent-wise as last year.

Have to be better against the run to have a chance but their young guys are coming on - Ryan, Vellano, Collins. But to he honest that Houston team is talented offensively. Their record says they are garbage but it is the same team talent-wise as last year.

Not really. New RG and RT, banged up Bem Tate and no Arian Foster. Their offensive scheme is live and die by the run game, and they dont have the pieces to do that consistently anymore. If you stop the run and force Case to throw, all you have to do is blitz him, he is incapable of picking up the blitz, and the right side of the line is incapable of stopping extra rushers they dont expect. It usually results in Case running backwards and taking a 10+ yard sack. This is how both Oakland an Jacksonville absolutelyd dominated the Texans offense.

If you cant stop the run, Houston will give you problems. If you can, Case is a sitting duck.

Now I didnt actually get to watch the game today, and this is based on Keenum's performances prior, so some slight adjustments may have been made, but if the Pats let Tate run on them and didnt blits the right side that often, then you have your answer.

Not really. New RG and RT, banged up Bem Tate and no Arian Foster. Their offensive scheme is live and die by the run game, and they dont have the pieces to do that consistently anymore. If you stop the run and force Case to throw, all you have to do is blitz him, he is incapable of picking up the blitz, and the right side of the line is incapable of stopping extra rushers they dont expect. It usually results in Case running backwards and taking a 10+ yard sack. This is how both Oakland an Jacksonville absolutelyd dominated the Texans offense.

If you cant stop the run, Houston will give you problems. If you can, Case is a sitting duck.

Now I didnt actually get to watch the game today, and this is based on Keenum's performances prior, so some slight adjustments may have been made, but if the Pats let Tate run on them and didnt blits the right side that often, then you have your answer.

Yes, Tate had a big day but Case scrambled a lot and made plays. Pats D is reeling for sure though with the injuries and new guys. I also think the Pats had a let down from the Denver game which was expected. Still, the Texans have the talent but I think the coaching has always been the issue there. Will be interested to see what happens with Kubiak at seasons end. 

Yes, Tate had a big day but Case scrambled a lot and made plays. Pats D is reeling for sure though with the injuries and new guys. I also think the Pats had a let down from the Denver game which was expected. Still, the Texans have the talent but I think the coaching has always been the issue there. Will be interested to see what happens with Kubiak at seasons end.

Texans are in line for #1 overall with Jacksonville's win today. Kubiak will be gone and Bridgewater will be the new starter next year.

Texans are in line for #1 overall with Jacksonville's win today. Kubiak will be gone and Bridgewater will be the new starter next year.

They had the #1 ranked defense going into todays game.  The Patriots put up nearly 500 yards against them and scored 34 points.  Andre Johnson is still a beast of a receiver and that rookie Hopkins is a burner that finds ways to get open.  Granted it doesn't help when you're starting 5 rookies on your defense, filling in for 3 veterans, 2 of which were all pro team captains.  

The defense helped early in the year, but it looks like the offense is going to have to work harder to cover for the defense now.. all of those injuries and having to rely on so many rookies has made them a liability again that you don't have total confidence.

They had the #1 ranked defense going into todays game. The Patriots put up nearly 500 yards against them and scored 34 points. Andre Johnson is still a beast of a receiver and that rookie Hopkins is a burner that finds ways to get open. Granted it doesn't help when you're starting 5 rookies on your defense, filling in for 3 veterans, 2 of which were all pro team captains.

The defense helped early in the year, but it looks like the offense is going to have to work harder to cover for the defense now.. all of those injuries and having to rely on so many rookies has made them a liability again that you don't have total confidence.

Their defense is awful. Their stas are inflated by heir offenses turnovers and special team gaffes giving opponents short fields.

Make no mistake, the Texans are the worst football team in the NFL.

Still a quality win for the Patriots though.

I really don't understand the Texans this year they have way too much talent to be this bad. With that said, I fully expect them to take a QB number one over all if they get the top over all pick. If they get a true franchise QB look out they will be a force.

Bad coaching. They dont do halftime adjustments at all and Kubiak holds the reigns as tightly as possible on offense. Wade Phillips is predictable on defense as well, as his schemes are very basic and rely on game changing playmakers making plays. No Glover Quinn or Brian Cushing to do that at the levels beyond the O line means his defense is left to flounder.

The Texans need new coaching, a new QB, some O line pieces, and upgrades in the secondary.

Great under pressure?  He's hurrendous under pressure.

Their defense is awful. Their stas are inflated by heir offenses turnovers and special team gaffes giving opponents short fields.

Make no mistake, the Texans are the worst football team in the NFL.

Still a quality win for the Patriots though.

Exactly right, Dustin.  Opponents don't need alot of yards to score against the Texans (which they do very easily) because they often the ball in great field position.

Look at the Texans Red Zone efficiency in allowing opponents touchdowns:  it's 31st in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-red-zone-scoring-pct

Overall, I would describe their defense as below average.

I am a bit astonished at how Belichick has not been able to stabilize that run D of theirs. I know you can't get a Wilfork or Mayo from the streets but their run D has been downright bad the past two games.

It would just take a team that can stop Brady just enough to give them a close loss and greater the chances of that happening on the road, IMO.

It is one thing to have a bad pass D and another to have a bad run D where other teams can keep your guy (insert Brady or Peyton) on the sidelines longer. Brady and Peyton are capable of carrying such burdens as we have witnessed in the past but at some point in time, it will catch up to you if your O has an off day, IMO.

I am a bit astonished at how Belichick has not been able to stabilize that run D of theirs. I know you can't get a Wilfork or Mayo from the streets but their run D has been downright bad the past two games.

It would just take a team that can stop Brady just enough to give them a close loss and greater the chances of that happening on the road, IMO.

It is one thing to have a bad pass D and another to have a bad run D where other teams can keep your guy (insert Brady or Peyton) on the sidelines longer. Brady and Peyton are capable of carrying such burdens as we have witnessed in the past but at some point in time, it will catch up to you if your O has an off day, IMO.

They are missing six starters in the interior of the defense. At this point the secondary is the strength so they are trying to make teams one dimensional and beat then with only the run. Tough to do but I like the idea of making a team run down the field slowly then hit you with a bomb pass. It worked beautifully against Denver as they were not able to score any points in the second half until the end as the Pats D did step up to either make the stop or get a TO.

But the real question is whether it is sustainable. I have my doubts. Like every other team they have their issues and have to hope Brady and the O can carry things and that the D can make stops when they need it the most like they did yesterday at the end of the game. A bye is key for them in the playoffs.