Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As The Dust Settles...

Bradley Prentice

I'm like most of you. Disappointed, discouraged, bummed, hell maybe even worried but i feel strongly that a few things need to be remembered.

1. First and foremost we are still 7-4. One of only potentially 10 teams (9 currently) with 7 wins. Record wise i could name 22 other teams that would rather be in our shoes.

2. We have lost 5 offensive starters for the season. 2 may play running back but how many teams can say they lost 4 offensive starters and still have a lead on the division as well as a winning record.

3. We lead our division

4. As bad as we looked at times we did play a tough team today. Let's face it the Cardinals have a great defense at one point i thought i heard 2nd overall? could be mistaken though but good none the less. Also their WRs are kind of decent to say the least.

5. We are getting younger at positions, QB, RB, WR, TE, Oline even its going to take time to build the chemistry. DHB may not come back if not that's fine by me at this point, Wayne unfortunately won't be here forever. Even in the Losses its reps and time to grow as a team. Mathis won't be here forever and we will prevail. NO TEAM goes throughout the season without their bumps bruises and adjustments. I think its a good thing that Fleaner and Luck are gaining Chemistry, Id like to see Brazil become the number two now and gain Luck's trust. Richardson will get better! I firmly believe that!

6. Our coaches and front office. Like Pagano? Grigson? Pep? I strongly believe that these are the right men for the job.

All I keep hearing is Paganos too soft. Pep can't run an offense or Grigson's wasting our picks... ENOUGH I'm glad we got a stable Front office/coaching team. I like that we have a defensive minded coach. We may not have the schemes or the personel yet but look back 2 years from now i think we will be glad that we had patience. Grigson is willing to take chances and no matter how bad a game Vontae has had ever in a Colts uniform hes the best corner we've had in a while. And Pep, Lucks doing pretty well this year and its partially because he and so many people know the offense. In order to Suceed the biggest thing we need above all is continuity that will create consistancy which will= wins and hopefully superbowls.

I'm done with the rant now thanks for reading, oh and GO COLTS!

1. Yes, we do have injuries. Those players are not coming back this season and since they've left, we've played like crap. And it's likely to continue until the end of the season.

2. We are 7-4. Many of us are concerned with where we will finish. We have the potential to be good but as I've mentioned, we're playing like crap.

3. The coaches will not make any changes, leading me to think we will have a failed season.

4. Due to the RB injuries, we traded our future 1st round pick for a RB to step in. Now, we're being told by the "patience preachers" to wait till he has a full off season under his belt. I hope he has a good season next year, but we made that trade to be contender this year. Next year we will have our starters back anyway.

You, sir, are being too rational.  This is not to be countenanced!  You must rage and scream to the heavens your despair over the performance of said team!!!  Only then will the beasts be silenced...

OR

Nah, dude.  That ain't gonna fly with these people.  Everybody has to kick, scream, and cry like children first.  Then you can hold a more rational conversation.

It's not like we were world beaters en route to 7 wins.  We struggled through most of them.  We were a bounce or two away from losing to Seattle and Denver.  We barely escaped Oakland.  We squarely beat San Fran and Jacksonville and both of these teams have been struggling.  The rest of the teams pretty much beat the crap out of us. 

From what I've read at this site you all sure set the bar low.

For any team no matter what sport or what level high school, jr. college, college, or pro. The idea is to get better as the season goes on. NOT. I read what you write and this must be the only team in the history of the NFL to have injuries.

Grigsons fixes have been awful. Which one of you wouldn't have wanted to sign Andy Levitre or Louis Vasquez.

Darrius Heyward-Bey or the HANDS OF STONE. PLEASE. How about the headbutting E. Walden I'm sure Green Bay is still laughing.

Chuck the defensive Whiz Pagano ought be ashamed of the defensive play of this team.

I've seen some REALLY BAD Colts teams not give up points in bunches like this one.

Who besides Luck and Mathis are you proud of, Hilton shows up every third game, Bethea looks lost, If Reddings a leader then

nobodys following. But we are 7-4, the worst 7-4 ever and trending sharply downward.

Thanks Grigson,Chuck don't worry Irsay will fix everything with a couple of TWEETS.

From what I've read at this site you all sure set the bar low.

For any team no matter what sport or what level high school, jr. college, college, or pro. The idea is to get better as the season goes on. NOT. I read what you write and this must be the only team in the history of the NFL to have injuries.

Grigsons fixes have been awful. Which one of you wouldn't have wanted to sign Andy Levitre or Louis Vasquez.

Darrius Heyward-Bey or the HANDS OF STONE. PLEASE. How about the headbutting E. Walden I'm sure Green Bay is still laughing.

Chuck the defensive Whiz Pagano ought be ashamed of the defensive play of this team.

I've seen some REALLY BAD Colts teams not give up points in bunches like this one.

Who besides Luck and Mathis are you proud of, Hilton shows up every third game, Bethea looks lost, If Reddings a leader then

nobodys following. But we are 7-4, the worst 7-4 ever and trending sharply downward.

Thanks Grigson,Chuck don't worry Irsay will fix everything with a couple of TWEETS.

you feel better?

The cards have a great Run defense they are 22 in the pass and the card offense line is worse in the league and we produce no Pressure. I cant wait to lose this season so Pag Pep and Munkky get fired.

It would take a monumental collapse and the total loss of the locker room for any of our coaches to be fired after this season. I'm growing less and less impressed with Pagano, and Pep just isn't the answer. Arians offense wasn't what we needed long term, but this sure the heck isn't either. Grigson's season has been a huge disappointment as well. Spent big money in FA and mortgaged high draft picks on mostly marginal talent across the board. He needs to put down the madden, seriously

Four comments id like to make regarding COLTS-----First, if colt fans think we were taken by Two yard richardson trade,we should take look at F/A off season signings on defense---they stop nobody.Secondly,we give a lot of credit to GRIGSON but his failure to at least try to fill WAYNES void is killing us.Thirdly,im as sensitive to PAGANOS situation as anyone,but its time for PAGANO to start coaching.ARIANS did a better job.Finally ANDREW LUCK is not the QB colt fans think he is.His garbage time passing yards padded a 100 yard passing day---thats not a elite quaterback.

Four comments id like to make regarding COLTS-----First, if colt fans think we were taken by Two yard richardson trade,we should take look at F/A off season signings on defense---they stop nobody.Secondly,we give a lot of credit to GRIGSON but his failure to at least try to fill WAYNES void is killing us.Thirdly,im as sensitive to PAGANOS situation as anyone,but its time for PAGANO to start coaching.ARIANS did a better job.Finally ANDREW LUCK is not the QB colt fans think he is.His garbage time passing yards padded a 100 yard passing day---thats not a elite quaterback.

Some of the F/A off season signings could have been better, but they are mostly front loaded contracts that aren't going to have much lasting effect.  Losing a first round pick for a bust player is much more costly.

He has to try to fill the void before he can fail at it ... I haven't seen any significant move to fill the void.

Agree Pagano needs to get this thing under control.

Andrew Luck is definitely the QB Colts fans think he is ... Does he make mistakes still?  Yes  .... But, he is doing an amazing job for a second year QB whose team is falling apart around him.  Very few QBs period, let alone ones around his age could handle the situation he walked into in Indy, and the situation he is now in the middle of.

Get used to it.  It is obvious that the players and the coaches have lost confidence in each other, which is probably the reasons for the slow (to non-existent) starts and the pitiful performance. Everyone talks about fixing the problem.  Talk won't do it, but the talk will continue, because that is all they have. A 7 - 9 record isn't that bad.

The cards have a great Run defense they are 22 in the pass and the card offense line is worse in the league and we produce no Pressure. I cant wait to lose this season so Pag Pep and Munkky get fired.

Colts did get 3 sacks and multiple pressures/hurries, so "we produce no Pressure" isn't entirely accurate.  And the odds of "Pag, Pep and Munkky" getting fired after this season is slim to none.  Keep up the good work though.  :thmup:

Some of the F/A off season signings could have been better, but they are mostly front loaded contracts that aren't going to have much lasting effect.  Losing a first round pick for a bust player is much more costly.

He has to try to fill the void before he can fail at it ... I haven't seen any significant move to fill the void.

Agree Pagano needs to get this thing under control.

Andrew Luck is definitely the QB Colts fans think he is ... Does he make mistakes still?  Yes  .... But, he is doing an amazing job for a second year QB whose team is falling apart around him.  Very few QBs period, let alone ones around his age could handle the situation he walked into in Indy, and the situation he is now in the middle of.

amazing job is overstating----hes an average qb,looked great when wayne was bailing him out----you cant throw for sub 100 yard halves and expect to win.i understand theo-line sucks and wayne is out,,but other qbs deal with same problems.god forbid hylton went down.Do we pack in season?

Luck is already far above the level of an "average" QB.... I think sometimes people forget Luck is only in his second year.

When I say amazing job I meant his entire body of work since he has been here; especially when considering the circumstances. There are only a few QBs in the league who could have stepped in at Indy and handled the situation as well as Luck; and all those except maybe 1 have quite a few years in the league.

Sure hes going to have some bad games ... Even the manning, Brady, Brees, etc ... still have bad games.

Was Wayne his security blanket? Sure he was but lots of QBs have receivers they lean on and of course he is going to lean on it a little more early in his career.

There are very few (if any, can't think of any off the top if my head) QBs who have as many things working against them as Luck who are playing at the level he is.

I don't know what we do if Hilton goes down, but that's not a reflection on Luck he can't make DHBs hands better, he can't give Whalen the ability to get separation, and he can't go catch the passes himself?!?!?

If you don't think Luck is an Elite QB in the making, than I don't know who we could have or would ever be able to draft that would meet your standards; and don't see how you can possibly be looking at the same guy as me.

amazing job is overstating----hes an average qb,looked great when wayne was bailing him out----you cant throw for sub 100 yard halves and expect to win.i understand theo-line sucks and wayne is out,,but other qbs deal with same problems.god forbid hylton went down.Do we pack in season?

Which QB's have played better than Luck this year with similar injuries?

Matt Ryan?

Geno Smith?

Joe Flacco?

Eli Manning?

Which QB's have played better than Luck this year with similar injuries?

Matt Ryan?

Geno Smith?

Joe Flacco?

Eli Manning?

None of those QBs have played as well or are dealing with as many injuries & other obstacles impeding them as Luck.  He knows that statement he made about other QBs with same problems is not even close to true.

Colts did get 3 sacks and multiple pressures/hurries, so "we produce no Pressure" isn't entirely accurate.  And the odds of "Pag, Pep and Munkky" getting fired after this season is slim to none.  Keep up the good work though.  :thmup:

Yeah I even saw Chapman drive their center back and almost got a hand on Palmer. He is going in the right direction.

You mean like PM did last night?

Yeah I even saw Chapman drive their center back and almost got a hand on Palmer. He is going in the right direction.

that was a great play by chapman.  I was really hoping he'd get that sack. :) I'd like to see him get more opportunities like that.  

that was a great play by chapman.  I was really hoping he'd get that sack. :) I'd like to see him get more opportunities like that.  

I think by next year we will get to see most of our pieces start coming together on both sides of the ball. These young guys are learning on the job and that will start paying off next season.