Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodney Harrison: "We'd have easily won three Super Bowls with Peyton Manning"

bayone

Thanks for making my point. You don't lose in the playoffs because of some flawed team make up when your team wins 12-13 games a year for a decade. You lose because you got outplayed. Manning was outplayed by Flacco and Ravens D made the plays at the end while Denver's didn't despite coming into the game top 5 in the league - best defense Manning ever had.

I know Manning is your favorite player but I have to think this idea of him winning with Brady's team would make your blood boil. I know it would if it was said about Brady. Manning had plenty of good/great teams and lost for a myriad of reasons that are unique as each season. Brady would have two more rings if not for a better defensive performance in the two he lost. I would also think that if Brady had Manning's teams that he may have thrown for 50 TDs almost every season as when he had comparable talent with Moss/Welker he lit the record books on fire.

I get the hypos because they are fun and all but these excuses for Manning not having more rings are beyond ridiculous. It must burn him to hear Rodney say that he would have won with his team.

Here we go again with the huge contradictions.

When it suits, it is all about the team, not the QB. And when it suits, its all on the QB.

Laughable as always. You have, and never will know what you're talking about.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And without his three TOs, it is 35-14 and Broncs win in blow out like they should have. And he was spotted 14 from his special teams to boot.

Rodney can say whatever he wants but it behooves him and his career to say the SBs were about the defense when everyone in NE knows without Brady= no rings. This idea that you can hypothetically take Manning and put him on the Pats and he would win three rings is silly as who is QBing the Colts? If it is Brady then I like my chances.

But this is the bottom line, with Brady and Manning it is just not about rings as if it was then it would be the same argument one could have about Eil being better then him which he clearly isn't. No, the argument here is greater than that because Brady has a better winning percentage in the regular season, better in the post-season by a lot, multiple league MVPs, etc. He will go down as the better player not just because of the rings but because of the whole career - he is the closest to Marino and Montana in one player. Now, if you want to flip flop and imagine what might have been had the Pats somehow had Manning, be my guest. But like I said, that is degrading to Manning who has had a HoF career in his own right just not to the same level success as Brady.

So if Brady was the Colts QB you would be a Colts fan?

Foot in mouth again... Brady first, Pats second, you could not be anymore transparent.

So if Brady was the Colts QB you would be a Colts fan?

Foot in mouth again... Brady first, Pats second, you could not be anymore transparent.

you misinterpreted that....He is saying....IF it was Brady Quarterbacking the Colts then he would like his chances IF he was a Colts fan......

I disagree but that's beside the point

I'm calling nonsense on this entire, entire thread.

Know why?

There's ZERO evidence that Rodney ever said what he said to these reporters.

You know, as opposed to this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/manning-vs-brady-rodney-harrison-says-tom-better-175253848--ocid.yahoo.html

From THREE DAYS AGO.

/endthread.

I  am, at hotel & dont kknow if can respond , computer here busy

1 isnt mutually exclusive of other

also Harrison though is saying it due to team around him, in particular the Defense

of interest too is the context as to why Harrison said this, 

To help hype the Broncos-Patriots/Manning-Brady contest that will be televised on its network Sunday night, NBC arranged for Dungy and former New England safety Rodney Harrison to speak to reporters about the game.

They were asked which quarterback they would take if there was but one game to play.

Dungy intimated each would take their former quarterback. And, indeed, Dungy did make the case for Manning.

But Harrison didn't take Brady. & then Harrison goes on to say the quote i noted in op

Read more: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady will meet for the 14th time Sunday night - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...t#ixzz2lOVEgY1R 

& as far as rattling Peyton as Rodney discussed in your video and your video doesnt go into what about brady being rattled

here are this years stats Vs Tom I saved knowing someone at sometime would say Peyton easily rattled with pressure  

after 10 games so faar in 2013

And, as I do each week in the mailbag, here are some more interesting Broncos nuggets from PFF:

Peyton Manning's Accuracy Percentage under pressure is 68.8%, good for third in the league.

Enjoy the game, looks like Pats wont have at least 1 CB Dennard, Alfonzo,  I heaard ,

Denver not looking good for JT

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Morning" that Thomas' status for Sunday night "is not looking

good," according to a person who spoke to the tight end.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000286323/article/julius-thomas-likely-to-miss-broncospatriots-matchup

If you believe that is why Harrison said that then that is your opinion but he is a defensive player so it behooves him to tout the Pats defense and say they would have won SBs for Manning too. This is not an objective opinion but one that is biased and self-serving. I also think Harrison said it to be inflammatory the week leading up to Pats/Broncos. He may well believe it but I have my doubts as I really don't put a lot of credence behind the media touting something of this nature before a big game. He was saying it to get a rise just like his Tom Brady wears a skirt comment.  In other words, I don't believe it validates Colts fans assumptions over the years at all.

It is similar to the Marino/Montana argument. Montana ran the west coast O better than anyone so to think Dan could have stepped onto those niners teams and won four SBs is naïve at best. Same with the Pats. Manning has never shown an ability to be able to run any style of offense outside of his Tom Moore Indy offense while Brady has run a different offense every other season. Again, no reason to believe Manning could have stepped onto the Pats offense and into the Pats coaching scheme and won SBs regardless of the defense.

Again, you should know this better than anyone. Football is not as simple as swap person A for person B and get the same result. Especially at the most important position in the game.

It was said earlier in this thread that you don't like the message, and so will attack the messenger. Harrison's comment stands for itself. There's no need to decode it.

As for Manning learning any other offense, you're conflating two separate issues. First of all, it's laughable to suggest that Manning couldn't run a different offense. The Broncos didn't switch things up last year because Manning wasn't running the offense well. They changed things because whenever they ran the Moore/Manning concepts and ditched the huddle, they were more effective. In other words, his native offense is better. This season so far kind of proves that.

But that's not the point. Harrison didn't say that Manning would have come in and run Brady's offense and done it well enough to win Super Bowls. He simply said that the Pats would have still won Super Bowls with Manning instead of Brady. There's no insinuation that Manning would have run Brady's offense, and there's no reason for anyone to insist that he would have had to. Although, as I mentioned above, it's damn ridiculous to suggest that Manning would have struggled with Brady's offense.

Know why?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/manning-vs-brady-rodney-harrison-says-tom-better-175253848--ocid.yahoo.html

From THREE DAYS AGO.

/endthread.

That's funny. There's a quote from Harrison. How is that not proof? Or are we going to undermine the source because we don't like the message?

By the way, there's nothing in the quote that conflicts with Harrison's remarks that Brady is the better finisher. Like I said before, Harrison's comments don't mean he prefers Manning or that he thinks Manning is better. Harrison has said for many years that he prefers Brady. All he's saying is that he thinks Manning was good enough to have played on those teams and won Super Bowls. 

you misinterpreted that....He is saying....IF it was Brady Quarterbacking the Colts then he would like his chances IF he was a Colts fan......

lol, it is clear what she meant. she is Brady first and foremost, hence whys he tries to downplay the accomplishments of a sensational defense that won them 3 Super Bowls and put it all on a pedestrian Brady's shoulders. She also refuses to acknowledge the real star of that Patriots offense... Josh McDaniels.

Football for sure is a team sport but there is a reason why Ws and Ls are attributed to the QB. They control the game the most. So yes in IMO wins and losses are on them the most. Especially when talking about two HoF QBs like Brady and Manning.

Did you just say, Brady is blamed for a loss.

Is this for real or am i in a dream forum?.

Know why?

From THREE DAYS AGO.

/endthread.

haha  I was wondering where you were.

Why the thought that Harrison thinks that Manning would have won had he been the QB on those teams is so upsetting to some Patriot fans is beyond me.  :scratch:

Harrison pretty much said the same thing on SNF.  Are you going to tell us that this video is fake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VllJ_COsOKw

Why the thought that Harrison thinks that Manning would have won had he been the QB on those teams is so upsetting to some Patriot fans is beyond me.  :scratch:

Harrison pretty much said the same thing on SNF.  Are you going to tell us that this video is fake?

Conspiracy theories. This video was clearly faked just like the moon landing. 

It was said earlier in this thread that you don't like the message, and so will attack the messenger. Harrison's comment stands for itself. There's no need to decode it.

As for Manning learning any other offense, you're conflating two separate issues. First of all, it's laughable to suggest that Manning couldn't run a different offense. The Broncos didn't switch things up last year because Manning wasn't running the offense well. They changed things because whenever they ran the Moore/Manning concepts and ditched the huddle, they were more effective. In other words, his native offense is better. This season so far kind of proves that.

But that's not the point. Harrison didn't say that Manning would have come in and run Brady's offense and done it well enough to win Super Bowls. He simply said that the Pats would have still won Super Bowls with Manning instead of Brady. There's no insinuation that Manning would have run Brady's offense, and there's no reason for anyone to insist that he would have had to. Although, as I mentioned above, it's damn ridiculous to suggest that Manning would have struggled with Brady's offense.

Decoding? Really? He said it the week leading up to the Pats/Broncos game and they are playing the game on HIS network. To think his motives were completely objective is ignorant of how the media works.

Manning has NEVER run an offense outside of his Indy offense and when he tried a different in Denver, it failed not because of the system but because that is all he knows how to do. So until he proves otherwise there is NO reason to believe he could have run the Pats chameleon offense or that he could have won in the harsh NE weather as he has NEVER won a playoff game at 30 or below and all three of the Pats SB runs came with playoff wins in the snow and/or freezing temps.

Decoding? Really? He said it the week leading up to the Pats/Broncos game and they are playing the game on HIS network. To think his motives were completely objective is ignorant of how the media works.

Manning has NEVER run an offense outside of his Indy offense and when he tried a different in Denver, it failed not because of the system but because that is all he knows how to do. So until he proves otherwise there is NO reason to believe he could have run the Pats chameleon offense or that he could have won in the harsh NE weather as he has NEVER won a playoff game at 30 or below and all three of the Pats SB runs came with playoff wins in the snow and/or freezing temps.

He ran multiple offenses in Indy for years. Injuries forced the team to adapt. The offense was much different in 2010 than it was in1999

Ooh you played the weather card. That's cold. haha

Any news against Patriots is a fake :)

It is hilarious.

Come on now GoPats you know that Harrison knew his comments would be taken as inflammatory and he meant them that way the week leading up to Pats/Denver. 

Of course... that's his job now. He's supposed to say things that people talk about. Kind of like we're doing right now.  ;)

I respect Rodney and maybe that's his real opinion, maybe it isn't. I don't know. One would think he'd be a little biased toward Brady since he's in part the reason Harrison's got a couple of rings.

But if you read most of the rubbish that this thread devolved into... those rings are meaningless anyway 'cause the Patriots chhhheeeeeaaattttteeeeddd!

I knew this one would head south and that eventually someone would bring up Spygate. I really go out of my way to be level-headed and respectful toward other posters and opinions. I really do. 

But...

I will say this openly, and only once. If someone, at this point, brings up Spygate and claims the Patriots' titles are somehow tainted, it is not based on the actual football that the Patriots have played before and after 2007 when it broke. It's become an absolute truth for me - if a poster hangs his/her hat on Spygate, they have no idea what they're talking about, and simply do not have a very strong knowledge base of the game, how it works, etc. I'm not going to say I'm a football guru here but I know what I don't know. Had the Patriots fallen off the map after 2007, I'd be standing there with the villagers, holding my torch at Castle Belichick, angrier even than those who were cheated, since I was mislead as a fan. That's not the case though.

As for Brady-Manning, I've said a million times you can make a case for either guy. Last night is a perfect snapshot of my personal opinion. The most important stat is wins and losses. Yes, those are team achievements. But Brady has been doing it with varying rosters since 2001. Thousands of players, probably, in and out... he's the cornerstone. He wins more than anyone has. That's what, in my opinion, makes him the best.

I hate when people come out and say stuff like this.

"If so and so was my QB, I'd have a ring"

Guess what?

Trent Dilfer, Jim McMahon, and Mark Rypien have rings.

Where's all the DB's wishing they had these guys to win them a Super Bowl, since after all they did win it, even though they aren't remembered as being great.

I never hear Emmitt Smith or Michael Irvin say they would have more rings if they had Favre or Young as their QB rather than Aikman.

It's a team sport, this is not the NBA where one player can play general manager by going to one team and hooking up with two other egomaniacs and then win back to back championships.

I have never liked Harrison before and I still don't.

As for Brady-Manning, it's time to let that die. Neither one of them have won a Super Bowl since George W Bush was the president.

Of course... that's his job now. He's supposed to say things that people talk about. Kind of like we're doing right now.  ;)

I respect Rodney and maybe that's his real opinion, maybe it isn't. I don't know. One would think he'd be a little biased toward Brady since he's in part the reason Harrison's got a couple of rings.

But if you read most of the rubbish that this thread devolved into... those rings are meaningless anyway 'cause the Patriots chhhheeeeeaaattttteeeeddd!

I knew this one would head south and that eventually someone would bring up Spygate. I really go out of my way to be level-headed and respectful toward other posters and opinions. I really do. 

But...

I will say this openly, and only once. If someone, at this point, brings up Spygate and claims the Patriots' titles are somehow tainted, it is not based on the actual football that the Patriots have played before and after 2007 when it broke. It's become an absolute truth for me - if a poster hangs his/her hat on Spygate, they have no idea what they're talking about, and simply do not have a very strong knowledge base of the game, how it works, etc. I'm not going to say I'm a football guru here but I know what I don't know. Had the Patriots fallen off the map after 2007, I'd be standing there with the villagers, holding my torch at Castle Belichick, angrier even than those who were cheated, since I was mislead as a fan. That's not the case though.

As for Brady-Manning, I've said a million times you can make a case for either guy. Last night is a perfect snapshot of my personal opinion. The most important stat is wins and losses. Yes, those are team achievements. But Brady has been doing it with varying rosters since 2001. Thousands of players, probably, in and out... he's the cornerstone. He wins more than anyone has. That's what, in my opinion, makes him the best.

Nice post. I still stand by the fact that there is NO WAY Manning wins one SB in frigid NE if he swapped places with Brady in the early '00s. He does not win the snow bowl vs Raiders in 2002, the coldest day in Pat history vs Tennessee in 2004 or the AFC champ game in Pitt at night in 2005. Not to mention all the snow/cold games in NE vs the Colts those years.

Nice post. I still stand by the fact that there is NO WAY Manning wins one SB in frigid NE if he swapped places with Brady in the early '00s. He does not win the snow bowl vs Raiders in 2002, the coldest day in Pat history vs Tennessee in 2004 or the AFC champ game in Pitt at night in 2005. Not to mention all the snow/cold games in NE vs the Colts those years.

Manning looked every bit of that part last night. Aside from the game-tying drive, where he threw some nice passes, he just looked like he didn't want to be there. Can't really blame him, I enjoyed the game from a comfy couch in front of a roaring fire! 

But the problem with speculating, either way, is just that... it's speculating. Maybe if you swapped Brady and Manning, the Patriots would have 5 titles and the Colts would have none. Maybe it would work out the exact opposite way. I think you can make statements in more general terms, like, "Gee if that team could get anything out of the QB position, they'd be dangerous." But to put specific guys in specific spots and guess what they would do... it's not terribly meaningful analysis. It's just conjecture. 

Manning looked every bit of that part last night. Aside from the game-tying drive, where he threw some nice passes, he just looked like he didn't want to be there. Can't really blame him, I enjoyed the game from a comfy couch in front of a roaring fire! 

But the problem with speculating, either way, is just that... it's speculating. Maybe if you swapped Brady and Manning, the Patriots would have 5 titles and the Colts would have none. Maybe it would work out the exact opposite way. I think you can make statements in more general terms, like, "Gee if that team could get anything out of the QB position, they'd be dangerous." But to put specific guys in specific spots and guess what they would do... it's not terribly meaningful analysis. It's just conjecture. 

will say this when younger and I mean when Vanderjerk was the FG kicker he plaayed in a snow bowl in Denver and he won

Now at age 37, medical issues totally different story

and yes speculating is almost as bad as asuming but peytons QB rating laast night was 70 or so and thats what  most of time    lately when he plays in freezing or below weatrther, when 40 its higher butr still lower than normal ,  but as said elswhere, u just can keep running the ball and stick in a throw and expect a passing rhythm to develop too

jusst to amny mistakes and next RB up just continued to fumble aas Moreno hurt in crtutches & boot 

losing DRC also was bad and tony carter in for him late , lovely

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24594432/broncos-briefs-knowshon-moreno-suffers-ankle-injury-loss

I don't really agree. Sure, the cold was uncomfortable, but the Broncos were doing a lot of running. Manning had something like 18 pass attempts up to that possession (or maybe that was an earlier possession). They weren't throwing into the wind, but neither were the Pats. Aside from the throw to Edelman, everything Brady threw going that direction was short. The wind had a huge impact, but I don't think the cold really affected either quarterback.

It's absolutely conjecture. No doubt about it. But like you said earlier, all Harrison's comments were saying is that Manning didn't get the same kind of support Brady got, specifically from the defense. He didn't say the defense carried Brady; he didn't say some of the crazy stuff some Colts posters have said over the years, like you could replace Brady with virtually any other QB and the Pats would still have won. He said that Manning, who pretty much anyone without an axe to grind will agree is no worse than a top 2 QB of this generation, would have been good enough for the Pats to still win the Super Bowls they won.

He didn't say they would have won more, he didn't say he'd prefer Manning to Brady. There was nothing disrespectful to Brady in his comments, unless you are someone who believes that Brady is better than Manning and there's no comparison. Since most people, even Pats fans, don't feel that way (regardless of who they prefer), Harrison's comments really aren't worth 9 pages. It's all kind of silly. He made a generic comment that's been made a million times already.

I don't really agree. Sure, the cold was uncomfortable, but the Broncos were doing a lot of running. Manning had something like 18 pass attempts up to that possession (or maybe that was an earlier possession). They weren't throwing into the wind, but neither were the Pats. Aside from the throw to Edelman, everything Brady threw going that direction was short. The wind had a huge impact, but I don't think the cold really affected either quarterback.

All of Brady's scoring drives to tie the game in the second half were against the wind as were all of his three TD throws. He had a couple of deep ones to Gronk and Thompson as well.

Not sure how you could look at Brady's throws and Manning's and think the weather did not affect Manning more. Not to mention their completion percentages.

Well... I don't know, but I can tell you from (a lot of) experience that 20 degrees with a 20 mph wind is a heck of a lot different from 20 degrees. So it's really a combination of the two. When there's a wind like that, it seems to literally suck the heat out of your body. Every bit of exposed skin stings when it whips up. And the Pats put together some fairly long drives in the 3rd and 4th, and sitting there on the sidelines is probably the worst thing for players in conditions like last night. 

Cold is a powerful thing. I recall an old Shackelton (?) quote: "I don't know who got the idea that hell is a warm place." I worked for nearly 10 years as a guide in the White Mountains of NH. They're not big mountains, but they're known for having weather conditions that rival the highest ranges in the world, and Antarctica. 

That doesn't make me a Peyton Manning expert, but I'll tell you, I can usually tell from the look on someone's face how they're faring in the cold, or how uncomfortable they are. It was part of my job, making sure that people were not losing too much body heat and exposing themselves to hypothermia or frostbite. Manning grew up in the South, played college ball in the South, played the first 15 years or whatever in a dome... he was not enjoying himself last night at all. 

All of Brady's scoring drives to tie the game in the second half were against the wind as were all of his three TD throws. He had a couple of deep ones to Gronk and Thompson as well.

Not sure how you could look at Brady's throws and Manning's and think the weather did not affect Manning more. Not to mention their completion percentages.

Manning didn't have to throw until that last drive and he took the team 80 yards against the wind for a TD. Moreno was running great.

And when he throws, lets not forget the key dropped passes. Its a team loss.

Manning didn't have to throw until that last drive and he took the team 80 yards against the wind for a TD. Moreno was running great.

And when he throws, lets not forget the key dropped passes. Its a team loss.

Sure but the discussion was how Brady looked vs Manning throwing the ball. It was obvious to anyone who watched the game that Manning's throws lacked zip and wobbled whereas Brady's didn't. And Brady threw down field as well. It was a factor but not the only one in the game but a big one for sure.

Sure but the discussion was how Brady looked vs Manning throwing the ball. It was obvious to anyone who watched the game that Manning's throws lacked zip and wobbled whereas Brady's didn't. And Brady threw down field as well. It was a factor but not the only one in the game but a big one for sure.

Manning never had a great spiral. He throwed the balls to catch, the receivers dropped them. We cant blame him for that.

Infact, the entire Denver team couldnt catch the ball in this weather. They need to practise catching the ball. Brady should have been intercepted twice. Remember the drop by Woodyard?.

DT, Decker and Welker sucked dropped dead. Of course, they drop and Manning looks bad.

Manning never had a great spiral. He throwed the balls to catch, the receivers dropped them. We cant blame him for that.

Infact, the entire Denver team couldnt catch the ball in this weather. They need to practise catching the ball. Brady should have been intercepted twice. Remember the drop by Woodyard?.

DT, Decker and Welker sucked dropped dead. Of course, they drop and Manning looks bad.

Yup...and remember the drop by Vereen down the left side that hit him right in the hands? It happened to both teams, but you're off your rock if you're trying to make the case that Peyton looked 'fine' last night...

Yup...and remember the drop by Vereen down the left side that hit him right in the hands? It happened to both teams, but you're off your rock if you're trying to make the case that Peyton looked 'fine' last night...

Sure, drops for denver was more than Pats.

Everyone knows Manning is not Jay Cutler or Joe Flacco with his arm. He never was. If Manning cannot get the ball to the receivers i understand. He did and their wideouts sucked big time. They really need to practise catching the ball in cold weather. 

Bradyy always throws with more zip than Manning. But against the wind, Brady kept it all underneath.

Bradyy always throws with more zip than Manning. But against the wind, Brady kept it all underneath.

Yes, many underneath and some deep. To Gronk, Thompson, and one to Vareen in the first that he dropped. I think what GoPats said is spot on. Manning just looked like the weather bothered him more. Not just his throws but his body language, movement. Whereas Brady looked like it did not phase him which is typical for him in bad weather.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yes, many underneath and some deep. To Gronk, Thompson, and one to Vareen in the first that he dropped. I think what GoPats said is spot on. Manning just looked like the weather bothered him more. Not just his throws but his body language, movement. Whereas Brady looked like it did not phase him which is typical for him in bad weather.

I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in a Peyton Manning performance.  His defense spots him 17 points before the game even starts.  Moreno goes for 200 yards.  And you still lose the game.  Brady deserves a heck of a lot of credit for that win,  one could argue that was his most impressive regular season win ever.  I like to make fun Brady, but dude was ballin' last night.  Peyton better regroup, it should be cold in KC next week.  Peyton better get used to the cold or the Broncos won't go anywhere in the playoffs.  I'd almost rather the Colts play them in Denver than in Indy.

I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in a Peyton Manning performance.  His defense spots him 17 points before the game even starts.  Moreno goes for 200 yards.  And you still lose the game.  Brady deserves a heck of a lot of credit for that win,  one could argue that was his most impressive regular season win ever.  I like to make fun Brady, but dude was ballin' last night.  Peyton better regroup, it should be cold in KC next week.  Peyton better get used to the cold or the Broncos won't go anywhere in the playoffs.  I'd almost rather the Colts play them in Denver than in Indy.

Well said. I agree with every point.

lol, it is clear what she meant. she is Brady first and foremost, hence whys he tries to downplay the accomplishments of a sensational defense that won them 3 Super Bowls and put it all on a pedestrian Brady's shoulders. She also refuses to acknowledge the real star of that Patriots offense... Josh McDaniels.

You are far too intelligent to actually believe that garbage. At least I think you are.  ;)

Hey I was wondering, too... what happened to that "sensational defense" in the second half of SB38, when the Patriots and Panthers combined for the most-ever points in a SB? 

:thmup: 

Fact is, the 2001 Patriots were a defense-first team that needed timely offense to win. Brady provided that.

In 2003 and 2004, those were pretty balanced NE teams. They played defense, they could run (especially in '04), they could throw... they could do a little of everything.

Besides, as a Manning/Colts fan, even you have to admit that their single championship was won on the back of their defense. You make it sound like Brady has been along for the ride but are you consistent with that assessment? Manning, outside of the AFCCG, was pretty pedestrian himself in the 2006 post season. 

Brady was way more effective than Manning going into the wind, IMO. 

And maybe one of the most important passes he threw heading in that direction was the Hail Mary that came up short and DRC ended up getting injured. Not a smart play to try to make the pick there, the clock was expired and the half was over. Just knock it down and forget the stat-padding INT. 

Brady was way more effective than Manning going into the wind, IMO. 

And maybe one of the most important passes he threw heading in that direction was the Hail Mary that came up short and DRC ended up getting injured. Not a smart play to try to make the pick there, the clock was expired and the half was over. Just knock it down and forget the stat-padding INT. 

Based on what, sir?

Brady completed more passes in that direction, but you all are acting like he was hurling the ball into the wind like a mighty weather vanquisher, whereas Manning's balls all fluttered like feathers. It's a drastic overreaction.

Brady threw the ball underneath, and did a great job completing balls and getting points in the second half. He deserves a ton of credit for that. Manning mostly threw underneath, but he didn't really throw into the wind very much because the Broncos were running the ball a lot, and the Pats were contesting in coverage very well. Shut Decker down completely, had Thomas shutout for most of the game (again, a lot of that is because the Broncos weren't throwing it, but the Pats did a good job in coverage even when the ball did get put in the air). Down by a touchdown, Manning HAD to throw into the wind, and did a pretty good job of it. He didn't look comfortable, of course, but he got it done.