Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodney Harrison: "We'd have easily won three Super Bowls with Peyton Manning"

bayone

He has said numerous times that he wants to run as many plays as the Pats as they led the league. It is right there for you to see. You were claiming it was the defense. It was Peyton too saying it and copying the Pats. Why not? More plays is a good thing.

I will explain a last time, they wanted "2012 Broncos" to play faster and expected to do it with one more year of practise and reps.

With Colts, he was already doing it at a much faster, no huddle game.

No more to this point.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You started off in this thread by putting down Harrison.

You have made numerous posts as to why Brady is better than Peyton and have made several negative posts regarding Peyton.

At least, you seem to have given up pretending that you were defending Peyton because you felt Harrison's comments were degrading to him. 

Harrison merely gave his opinion and it is a hypothetical.  Unless we could go back in time and switch Peyton and Brady (sorta an NFL version of "It's a Wonderful Life") we would never know for sure what the outcome would be.

But, the mere thought that Peyton may have just as many rings as Brady had he been the QB on those teams seems to have sent you into a spin as if Harrison had just placed a curse on your firstborn. 

So, I'm wondering . . . why does the mere thought of such a hypothetical upset you so?

Let me ask you, do you spend the whole time on this forum rehashing people's posts? It seems as though you do as you never really have an opinion of your own but like to harp on other's people that you don't agree with. If you have issue with any posts of mine then please feel free to add your thoughts and let's debate. Your questions are rhetorical in nature and that is intentional, annoying and IMO infantile. I would ask that you either add value with your posts or kindly stop responding to my posts.

I will explain a last time, they wanted "2012 Broncos" to play faster and expected to do it with one more year of practise and reps.

With Colts, he was already doing it at a much faster, no huddle game.

No more to this point.

They wanted the Broncos to play faster after playing the Pats in 2012. That is when the articles began to surface hence why the Pats are mentioned in the article and every other for that matter. Really this isn't that hard.

They wanted the Broncos to play faster after playing the Pats in 2012. That is when the articles began to surface hence why the Pats are mentioned in the article and every other for that matter. Really this isn't that hard.

I didnt want to respond but i will one time. Its not for Peyton, Peyton ran a faster offense in Indy. Like i said, Denver D messed up that game with Joe Mays. You are making it sound like this hurry up offense is new to Peyton. Its the other way around.

Let me ask you, do you spend the whole time on this forum rehashing people's posts? It seems as though you do as you never really have an opinion of your own but like to harp on other's people that you don't agree with. If you have issue with any posts of mine then please feel free to add your thoughts and let's debate. Your questions are rhetorical in nature and that is intentional, annoying and IMO infantile. I would ask that you either add value with your posts or kindly stop responding to my posts.

Look who says that, i have sent numerous posts to you and you conveniently ignore and harp on something which is irrelevant.

I didnt want to respond but i will one time. Its not for Peyton, Peyton ran a faster offense in Indy. Like i said, Denver D messed up that game with Joe Mays.

Except Peyton didn't say he wanted to run a fast offense like he had in Indy. He said he wanted to run an offense like the Pats of 2012 who led the league in most plays run and most points scored.

You started off in this thread by putting down Harrison.

You have made numerous posts as to why Brady is better than Peyton and have made several negative posts regarding Peyton.

At least, you seem to have given up pretending that you were defending Peyton because you felt Harrison's comments were degrading to him. 

Harrison merely gave his opinion and it is a hypothetical.  Unless we could go back in time and switch Peyton and Brady (sorta an NFL version of "It's a Wonderful Life") we would never know for sure what the outcome would be.

But, the mere thought that Peyton may have just as many rings as Brady had he been the QB on those teams seems to have sent you into a spin as if Harrison had just placed a curse on your firstborn. 

So, I'm wondering . . . why does the mere thought of such a hypothetical upset you so?

and that would settle are arguments. Where is Clarence when you need him ;)

Except Peyton didn't say he wanted to run a fast offense like he had in Indy. He said he wanted to run an offense like the Pats of 2012 who led the league in most plays run and most points scored.

Thats your fancy opinion. He said he wants to run faster nothing to copy.

The 37-year-old quarterback told The Denver Post on Tuesday that the Broncos "can play faster."

"For whatever reason, our offense plays better the faster we go. I think that was clear cut last season. The receivers liked it; they got into a rhythm," Manning told the newspaper. "Anything we can do as an offense to build off that, anything we can do to make us more efficient as an offense, that's what we're looking to do."

Thats your fancy opinion. He said he wants to run faster nothing to copy.

The 37-year-old quarterback told The Denver Post on Tuesday that the Broncos "can play faster."

"For whatever reason, our offense plays better the faster we go. I think that was clear cut last season. The receivers liked it; they got into a rhythm," Manning told the newspaper. "Anything we can do as an offense to build off that, anything we can do to make us more efficient as an offense, that's what we're looking to do."

Re-read the ESPN one I posted. It says the Pats.

You do know Ozzie took over for the Ravens in 2002? He was not there as GM in Cleveland when Modell fired Belichick after six seasons and a 36-44 record.

Go read history first about Ozzie newsome and watch "The football life - Cleveland Browns".

I do not have time to educate you from the scratch.

Edited by Coltssouth
Personal Shot

That is fair. Let's see how things shake out in year two. But I have my doubts that he even finishes the season. This year his age and injuries have caught up with him. Beginning tomorrow night he has a stretch of cold games staring him in the face - NE, KC, Denver home games. And of course the playoff picture in the AFC is shaping out to be all cold weather teams as well with the Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, Ravens/Jets/Steelers. The only non-cold weather team is the Colts and they already beat him and I would think that is the last place he wants to play. And of course the SB is in NY as well. A tall order indeed but we'll see how it turns out.

And the Pats have made two SB appearances since spygate losing both by a couple of plays. Such is life.

Finishes the season? LOL this is too good now. Mannings ankle injury is about as big a factor as Brady's phantom shoulder injury he's had for years. His arm strength is fine too. He's actually averaged more deep passes in terms of distance in Denver than in Indianapolis. Manning already won a cold game against KC this year. He will probably pick up another cold win in New England on Sunday. Wait and see.

Go read history first about Ozzie newsome and watch "The football life - Cleveland Browns".

I do not have time to educate you from the scratch.

I know he learned from Bill a great deal in the early 90s but the fact remain Bill was not a good HC and certainly not a genius until #12 arrived in NE ...

Ouch, looks like I stepped on someone's toes. 

Yes, I read a lot of posts and when I see flip-flopping, trolling, baiting, or absurd posts; I will give my input.

If you care to look at my past posting history, I have debated things before when I feel they are worthy of debate.  This topic is not one of those as Harrison merely gave his opinion which was a hypothetical.

Why you feel the need to debate such a hypothetical is beyond me. 

Now, what more of value would you like for me to add?

Finishes the season? LOL this is too good now. Mannings ankle injury is about as big a factor as Brady's phantom shoulder injury he's had for years. His arm strength is fine too. He's actually averaged more deep passes in terms of distance in Denver than in Indianapolis. Manning already won a cold game against KC this year. He will probably pick up another cold win in New England on Sunday. Wait and see.

Manning has never won a playoff game with temps below 30. He may have to win three this year alone.

Ouch, looks like I stepped on someone's toes. 

Yes, I read a lot of posts and when I see flip-flopping, trolling, baiting, or absurd posts; I will give my input.

If you care to look at my past posting history, I have debated things before when I feel they are worthy of debate.  This topic is not one of those as Harrison merely gave his opinion which was a hypothetical.

Why you feel the need to debate such a hypothetical is beyond me. 

Now, what more of value would you like for me to add?

Maybe you should find threads worthy of debate then? And let posters post without the constant rehashing. Just a thought...

Maybe you should find threads worthy of debate then? And let posters post without the constant rehashing. Just a thought...

So, basically you are asking me to stay out of any threads where you are lauding Brady over Manning since I don't debate in such threads.   

If you ever do take the time to look at my past posting history; you would see that I have never entered into a Mannng > Brady conversation (or vice versa) to debate why Brady/Manning is better because I think they are both great and feel no need to put one above another. 

And, I should just overlook any flip-flopping or baiting on your part if I don't want to debate the thread topic because you don't want me to point that out to others without entering into what I consider a silly debate in the first place.   

I know he learned from Bill a great deal in the early 90s but the fact remain Bill was not a good HC and certainly not a genius until #12 arrived in NE ...

No you dont know anything. I gave an assignment, do it first and comeback before you continue your fancy posts.

Here is the study material. Read thoroughly.

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/09/28/story-of-1995-cleveland-browns-detailed-on-nfl-networks-cleveland-95-a-football-life/

So, basically you are asking me to stay out of any threads where you are lauding Brady over Manning since I don't debate in such threads.   

If you ever do take the time to look at my past posting history; you would see that I have never entered into a Mannng > Brady conversation (or vice versa) to debate why Brady/Manning is better because I think they are both great and feel no need to put one above another. 

And, I should just overlook any flip-flopping or baiting on your part if I don't want to debate the thread topic because you don't want me to point that out to others without entering into what I consider a silly debate in the first place.   

I have put you on ignore. Problem solved. Best feature of this forum!

No you dont know anything. I gave an assignment, do it first and comeback before you continue your fancy posts.

Here is the study material. Read thoroughly.

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/09/28/story-of-1995-cleveland-browns-detailed-on-nfl-networks-cleveland-95-a-football-life/

I promise you I won't get to it. I am hoping to have time to just watch the game tmr night which does not look like it will happen at the moment ....

And Brady's Patriots have never won in Lucas Oil Stadium. He may have to win there in the playoffs. See what I did there?

Brady has only played there once and his defense gave up the biggest lead in AFCGG history. Peyton has lost several times in games under 30. And also several times in a dome too...

Brady has only played there once and his defense gave up the biggest lead in AFCGG history. Peyton has lost several times in games under 30. And also several times in a dome too...

Oh when Brady loses, its the defense's fault.

Do you remember 59 seconds with 2 timeouts left in the game. Good enough time to score and Brady throwed a game ending interception. I am pretty sure ball came out of Brady's hand. Nothing to do with defense.

There you go with the excuses again and blaming Brady's defense. You act like Brady and co. didnt have plenty of opportunities to score more and ice that game.

In fact, the patriots had a chance to get a first down to essentially win the game but instead Brady nearly throws a pick six to Bob Sanders

A punt and a touchdown drive by Manning later, and you have the biggest collapse in the history f conference championships.

The Patriots have played there 3 times. Once without Brady and once in the Super Bowl against the Giants. Even when he's not facing the Colts, Brady can't win there lol.