Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Chris Rainey

HtownColt

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Reed isnt PS eligible, and at least has some speed that Whalen lacks. Rainey is Reeds replacement as KR (and maybe TY's as PR as well).

Speed aint cuttin it SkyBane.  Whalen was a nice 3rd down option...Reed has been awful in the KR game and his limited snaps at WR...maybe that will change..unless he is cut as I said...I don't want him at all...and no he is not eligible for PS.  I did not say he was...and I did not want him back anyway. (OOOPS...I already said that...must be getting old and senile... :))

Sometimes I wonder if the guy is placing bets on the game as *ic he is at bringing 'it' out of the endzone!

Speed aint cuttin it SkyBane. Whalen was a nice 3rd down option...Reed has been awful in the KR game and his limited snaps at WR...maybe that will change..unless he is cut as I said...I don't want him at all...and no he is not eligible for PS. I did not say he was...and I did not want him back anyway. (OOOPS...I already said that...must be getting old and senile... :))

Sometimes I wonder if the guy is placing bets on the game as *ic he is at bringing 'it' out of the endzone!

Whalen graded out as one of the worst WR in the NFL, and was part of the offense during its worst 3rd down conversion rate of the season. This myth that Whalen has good hands has been debunked by play on the field. He got cut and will probably be re signed to the practice squad, but I dont see us calling him back up unless injury forces it.

Lousy?

Lol, well bellow mediocre. Was hoping you thought that. No hurt in seeing what he can do. Cause Reed hadn't done anything.

People asking about if he's good why is he still on the market. Say could have been said about Karim last year and he came in and did a good job.

Whalen graded out as one of the worst WR in the NFL, and was part of the offense during its worst 3rd down conversion rate of the season. This myth that Whalen has good hands has been debunked by play on the field. He got cut and will probably be re signed to the practice squad, but I dont see us calling him back up unless injury forces it.

Maybe not...but after hearing all of the raves about Whalen from teammates and Pagano...kind of surprised he is gone and REED is still here.  Whalen DOES have good hands.  We have all seen it.  Yes he had a hard time getting off of the line of scrimmage, but not any worse than DHB and Brazill.  Reed looked clueless in the offense....at least Whalen knew where the 1st down marker is...nobody else seems to.

I am not saying Whalen is fantastic or even good at this point.  He is better knowing this offense that the worthless Reed.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe not...but after hearing all of the raves about Whalen from teammates and Pagano...kind of surprised he is gone and REED is still here.  Whalen DOES have good hands.  We have all seen it.  Yes he had a hard time getting off of the line of scrimmage, but not any worse than DHB and Brazill.  Reed looked clueless in the offense....at least Whalen knew where the 1st down marker is...nobody else seems to.

I am not saying Whalen is fantastic or even good at this point.  He is better knowing this offense that the worthless Reed.

Whalen could be back in two weeks so I wouldnl't get too upset about it...this isn't the first time he's been cut.  I think we get an open roster spot because Walden is suspended, not sure about that though.  My guess is the coaches will see what we have with Rainey for a week, and then next week decide who to keep.  Rainey or Reed, Rogers, or bring back Whalen.

Whalen could be back in two weeks so I wouldnl't get too upset about it...this isn't the first time he's been cut.  I think we get an open roster spot because Walden is suspended, not sure about that though.  My guess is the coaches will see what we have with Rainey for a week, and then next week decide who to keep.  Rainey or Reed, Rogers, or bring back Whalen.

I am not really upset....just wondering aloud what the higher ups are thinking.  Whalen knows this offense inside and out (Yes he has had some drops) and Reed is clueless.  Rogers, who I am anxious to see is still in learn mode....kind of worries the old LB.

The usual. Arrested on a battery charge, trouble with the law. 

He's a good returner though. 26.5 average and 7th in the NFL. Not a great pure running back but on screens he's explosive. 

Originally drafted last year by Pittsburgh in the fifth round, Rainey, played in all 16 games, totaling 26 rushes for 102 yards and two touchdowns and 14 receptions for 60 yards. He also returned 39 kickoffs for 1,035 yards (26.5 avg.) and three punts for 16 yards. His kickoff return average ranked fifth in the AFC and tied for seventh in the NFL.

that's better than trent richardson's ypc and he returns kicks. i can't believe we got him without giving up a #1 pick. maybe the colts can trade richardson back to the browns or another team for for a low 1st round pick.

You are correct, since Walden is suspended we don't have to cut someone.  It will be interesting to see who's still on the roster the following week.  If Rainey returns kids on Sunday, I'd say Reed is gone.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I am not really upset....just wondering aloud what the higher ups are thinking.  Whalen knows this offense inside and out (Yes he has had some drops) and Reed is clueless.  Rogers, who I am anxious to see is still in learn mode....kind of worries the old LB.

There's no point is really discussing cutting Whalen or Reed.  Reed's special teams job (at least at the moment) makes him vs. Whalen a moot point.  Whalen is not used as a KR, so cutting Whalen doesn't mean Grigson thinks Reed is a better WR.

I love going after the punts....we need another non-stop motor on special teams....I am torn between having Rainey returning kicks and punts (Relieving number 1 TY of the punt return duties and cutting David Reed) or going for blocks....or as I would do...switch him back and forth based on situational football  :thmup:  :thmup:

He is fast enough that if he didn't block the punt he could get back down field, field the punt and still return it. Now that's fast!!

There's no point is really discussing cutting Whalen or Reed.  Reed's special teams job (at least at the moment) makes him vs. Whalen a moot point.  Whalen is not used as a KR, so cutting Whalen doesn't mean Grigson thinks Reed is a better WR.

We do not need Reed AND Rainey.  Something has to give....Reed is not an option at WR...he is awful...as he is with his judgement on kickoffs.  I would hate to see his football IQ...it may be 'off the charts bad."  :)

We have TY, Brazill, DHB (if healthy) Reed and Rodgers....essentially 3 receivers if DHB cannot go.....  Maybe more 2 TE sets this week....and please no "76 is reporting eligible...77 times."

Just hit my Colts app

Good signing! Goodbye David Reed!!!!! *Crosses Fingers & Hopes he is cut* :wave: :cheer:

:colts:

@KBowenColts: The @Colts have signed RB-Chris Rainey to the active roster. He played in 16 games in 2012 for Pittsburgh and played a variety of roles.

over a 1,000 yards last year in KR yards. def could give us some good field position. was a good KR at florida. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

over a 1,000 yards last year in KR yards. def could give us some good field position. was a good KR at florida. 

Just curious...what are you basing that on?  He had 18 kickoff returns in 5 years at Florida and never had a TD.  Averaged just over 25 yards/return