Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What happens with Brown this off-season?

Dustin

If he keeps up his current production (almost 6 yards per carry) I don't think he'd re-sign as he would be the #3 rb on the team when his production might garner him a more attractive role on another team. Though I would like him to re-sign.

Thoughts?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hope is we sign him he has played well not this year but the last 21/2 years. He has kept his mouth shut when many would have complained an been nothing but a pro.Given that, if he keeps playing like this he will potentially sign a fat contract with someone else as a change of pace bigger version of Sproles! If we don't sign him I see ANOTHER area to address in the off season?

We'll make every attempt to sign him.....

I think we've demonstrated that Trent is our intended #1,  at some point, for whatever reason, if he's not getting the job done,  we'll turn to Donald.

So,  we'll offer him a contract that says he's our 1a........   and hope he takes it.

Trent-1....  Brown-1a....  Ballard-3.     Bradshaw is not brought back and someone needs to be the 4th back.

That's my take.....

Funny how the "Donald Brown sucks" posts have pretty much disappeared.....

I think we've demonstrated that Trent is our intended #1, at some point, for whatever reason, if he's not getting the job done, we'll turn to Donald.

So, we'll offer him a contract that says he's our 1a........ and hope he takes it.

That's my take.....

Yup, & the "Coby Fleener is a bust" posts are gonna follow shortly. They'll all be gone from this forum. Forever....... forever....... *continues echo*

There's no way the Colts give Brown any kind of reasonable offer unless he just blows up these last few games.  Next year, the 1-2 punch will be Ballard and Richardson.  Bradshaw probably won't be brought back.  The 3rd RB may not be on the roster right now.

I think we've demonstrated that Trent is our intended #1,  at some point, for whatever reason, if he's not getting the job done,  we'll turn to Donald.

So,  we'll offer him a contract that says he's our 1a........   and hope he takes it.

Trent-1....  Brown-1a....  Ballard-3.     Bradshaw is not brought back and someone needs to be the 4th back.

That's my take.....

If healthy I think Ballard will be #1

I kind of feel like we will want to keep him but won't be able to simply due to the fact of his opportunities. Unless his performance has beaten their opinions on Ballard, Brown could end up still being the 3rd back and not seeing the field often. He may go to a place where he is more guaranteed to be an important part of their offense. He certainly is earning his contract this year. 

We wont be able to pay him enough or offer him enough play time.  It will be Ballard and Richardson, not sure who's 1& 2.  I personally wouldn't mind bringing back Bradshaw.  We should be able to get him for a reasonable price on a 1 year contract, and he was playing pretty good before he got hurt.

How many first round draft picks do we need to waste before Brown decides to start playing RB? He has done just enough to not get cut his whole career. He is a bad blocker and he gets zero yards after contact. Only thing he has going for him is speed. 

We will hopefully have Ballard(who is awesome and underated) back and Ahmad Bradshaw(man he was looking good earlier in the year). Bye Bye Donald.

How many first round draft picks do we need to waste before Brown decides to start playing RB? He has done just enough to not get cut his whole career. He is a bad blocker and he gets zero yards after contact. Only thing he has going for him is speed. 

We will hopefully have Ballard(who is awesome and underated) back and Ahmad Bradshaw(man he was looking good earlier in the year). Bye Bye Donald.

Incorrect.

Brown is currently averaging 3.11 yards after contact. 3rd highest in the NFL.

Incorrect again. Brown was 18th in YAC in 2012, 6th in 2011 and 15th in 2010. 

Uggh who cares, stat man? This is a case of stats not telling the whole story. I have watched every game his whole career. Most of them in person. I can tell you without a doubt he couldn't break an arm tackle from your grandma.

I will say it one more time for you. BYE BYE DONALD! He is not getting a new contract. Sorry buddy. You are like my Dad. He sees a Colts player do one good thing then forgets all the other crap he cannot do and hasn't done. If you and my Dad gave Colts players contracts we would still have Ken Dilger and Chad Bratzke on the team.

Uggh who cares, stat man? This is a case of stats not telling the whole story

It's not even like an opinion thing though. You said he doesn't get YAC, but from the stats I gave you, it evident he does.

The only year he wasn't able to generate significant YAC was his rookie year. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Uggh who cares, stat man? This is a case of stats not telling the whole story. I have watched every game his whole career. Most of them in person. I can tell you without a doubt he couldn't break an arm tackle from your grandma.

I will say it one more time for you. BYE BYE DONALD! He is not getting a new contract. Sorry buddy. You are like my Dad. He sees a Colts player do one good thing then forgets all the other crap he cannot do and hasn't done. If you and my Dad gave Colts players contracts we would still have Ken Dilger and Chad Bratzke on the team.

Man give it a rest... Brown has been one of the biggest bright spots of our team this year.  We would have lost to the Titans if not for Brown.  You say you don't like it when Colts players get contracts when you don't think they deserve it, well I don't like it when people come on here and bash our players for no good reason, especially when they have played as GREAT as Brown has played.

Who let goodluck aka badluck aka badtimes or whatever back on the forum??  LOL

BTW I hope we keep Donald around, he is doing great for us this season !!!

Perhaps you could bring er down a notch there buckeroo. This is from an oooooold guy.......someone's father.

It's not even like an opinion thing though. You said he doesn't get YAC, but from the stats I gave you, it evident he does.

The only year he wasn't able to generate significant YAC was his rookie year. 

You keep getting hung up on one thing I said instead of addressing any of the other issues I stated. You would give a 4th string RB a new contract instead of saving money for what we really need to address the O line.

Glad you are not GM.

You keep getting hung up on one thing I said instead of addressing any of the other issues I stated. You would give a 4th string RB a new contract instead of saving money for what we really need to address the O line.

Glad you are not GM.

Where did I say that? Plenty of cap space next year. a deal worth 2 year $3-4 million wouldn't deny the ability to sign olineman (though the only real need is at center)

Btw, he'd be our 3rd string rb. Don't know where you got 4th. It seems you have been incorrect on many things today. 

Man give it a rest... Brown has been one of the biggest bright spots of our team this year.  We would have lost to the Titans if not for Brown.  You say you don't like it when Colts players get contracts when you don't think they deserve it, well I don't like it when people come on here and bash our players for no good reason, especially when they have played as GREAT as Brown has played.

Uhh I am answering the topic question to the thread. Sorry I do not sugar coat the truth. I do not let being a fanboy cloud my judgement. Maybe you should follow my lead.

Also, I do not have to care what you like. This is supposed to be a forum where I can express my opinion.

Brown is playing good I will agree with that(partly because Richardson's play makes his look better). Should he get a new contract? Definitely not.

Where did I say that? Plenty of cap space next year. a deal worth 2 year $3-4 million wouldn't deny the ability to sign olineman (though the only real need is at center)

Btw, he'd be our 3rd string rb. Don't know where you got 4th. It seems you have been incorrect on many things today. 

Ballard Bradshaw Richardson Brown. Not wrong there.  And now I know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about with what you said concerning the O line. Goodbye! Gonna stop wasting my time trying to reason with you.

Ballard Bradshaw Richardson Brown. Not wrong there.  And now I know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about with what you said concerning the O line. Goodbye! Gonna stop wasting my time trying to reason with you.

Bradshaw isn't getting re-signed.

Donald Brown will be back. He's the Colts version of Gaffney or Taylor at Stanford. Pep Hamilton is gonna fight to keep him here.

Bradshaw won't be back due to his injury pile ups & Ballard is a question mark coming off the ACL injury.

Not everyone can be Adrian Peterson

He's our Don McCauley I hope we can resign him.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Uhh I am answering the topic question to the thread. Sorry I do not sugar coat the truth. I do not let being a fanboy cloud my judgement. Maybe you should follow my lead.

Also, I do not have to care what you like. This is supposed to be a forum where I can express my opinion.

Brown is playing good I will agree with that(partly because Richardson's play makes his look better). Should he get a new contract? Definitely not.

Your opinion is flawed.  As pointed out by Dustin.  You have the right to say you don't want or don't think Brown should come back, but this arrogant bye bye Donald attitude you present with your opinion makes you look childish and annoying.  Show some respect for "your" team and it's players.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Have you seen his username? He seems like a real classy fellow.

Yeah...that part of the post may be directed at a few more people on here...and I'm really getting tired of it.

speaking of our running backs.  did we opt to put any of them on the IR with that one opt-out clause that allows us to bring one back later this season?  That would be awesome if Bradshaw heals quickly and can come back !!!!!  As for Brown, yea, he's a beast, we need him badly.

No, both of them required season ending surgeries. 

Hey Brad Wells,

You're terrible.

-Love

Earth

Guest TeamLoloJones

Hey Brad Wells,

You're terrible.

-Love

Earth

Our troll filter must be set to "moderate"