Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adding a Moment of Clarity to Your Lives

BlueShoe

Taking a lopsided beating is not the end of the world. It happens quite often to Super Bowl winning teams. 

Week 7 of the 2012 Season

Baltimore Ravens 13 (2012 Super Bowl Winner)

Houston Texans 43

Week 1 of the 2011 Season

New York Giants 14 (2011 Super Bowl Winner)

Washington Redskins 28 (Led by Rex Grossman)

Week 15 of the 2011 Season

New York Giants 10 (2011 Super Bowl Winner)

Washington Redskins 23 (Led by Rex Grossman)

Week 14 of the 2010 Season

Green Packers 3 (2010 Super Bowl Winner)

Detroit Lions 7

Week 16 of the 2008 Season

Pittsburgh Steelers 14 (2008 Super Bowl Winner)

Tennessee Titans 31 

Week 2 of the 2007 Season

New York Giants 13 (2007 Super Bowl Winner)

Green Bay Packers 35

Week 12 of the 2007 Season

New York Giants 17 (2007 Super Bowl Winner)

Minnesota Vikings 41

Week 14 of the 2006 Season

Indianapolis Colts 17 (2006 Super Bowl Winner)

Jacksonville Jaguars 44

I am sure we all would like to forget that stinker, but it is relevant for my point.

This is not anything new as it has been going on for years:

Week 5 of the 1994 Season

San Francisco 49ers 8 (1994 Super Bowl Winner)

Philadelphia Eagles 40

None of this post is proof that we will win a Super Bowl, but it is proof that we are not out of it just yet.

It all depends on what team gets hot in the playoffs.

I think we'll get to the AFC championship at least if we have a 3 seed or better. Just my opinion. No game in the regular season (whether we play well or not) is going to change that gut feeling I have. 

A little premature but this is in all likeliness this is the path:

NYJ or Balt @ Indy 

Indy @ NE

Indy @ Denver 

I think we make it to the AFC championship but sadly lose. 

I think we'll get to the AFC championship at least if we have a 3 seed or better. Just my opinion. No game in the regular season (whether we play well or not) is going to change that gut feeling I have.

A little premature but this is in all likeliness this is the path:

NYJ or Balt @ Indy

Indy @ NE

Indy @ Denver

I think we make it to the AFC championship but sadly lose.

All things considered, this would be an amazing achievement. Our qb is a second year player, we are riddled with injuries, the team is exceptionally young too.

With a sizeable amount of cap money next year, continued development of our young stars and the return of some of our best weapons I believe a championship is well within our grasp. We can improve that line, get more players to pressure the qb and maybe even add a couple weapons too.

Not to say its impossible we win it all this year.

All things considered, this would be an amazing achievement. Our qb is a second year player, we are riddled with injuries, the team is exceptionally young too.

With a sizeable amount of cap money next year, continued development of our young stars and the return of some of our best weapons I believe a championship is well within our grasp. We can improve that line, get more players to pressure the qb and maybe even add a couple weapons too.

Not to say its impossible we win it all this year.

Yep. It's about what team gets hot at the right time. 

But I agree with you. We should be perennial contenders for awhile if something catastrophic doesn't happen. 

We lost, the last game is history, only game that matters is the next

More so in this case than most. With Titans losing last week, the Colts still hold a 2 game lead over the team they face twice in the next 3 weeks. Win both and the postseason is pretty much assured.

But if Houston and StLouis effectively exposed serious deficiencies on a previously mostly effective D... it might be a rough remainder of the season.

Yeah I would hardly call this being taken to the woodshed.

Week 14 of the 2010 Season

Green Packers 3 (2010 Super Bowl Winner)

Detroit Lions 7

Well, that was the 2-14 2009 lions one season off the worst season in nfl history. I remember that game and it was a giant WTH with everyone saying no way Packers can win the Super Bowl. Which I believe is the whole point to this thread.

More so in this case than most. With Titans losing last week, the Colts still hold a 2 game lead over the team they face twice in the next 3 weeks. Win both and the postseason is pretty much assured.

But if Houston and StLouis effectively exposed serious deficiencies on a previously mostly effective D... it might be a rough remainder of the season.

I believe we are playing way too much man on 3rd and long, but I am merely just a fan observing. Hopefully we play a little more zone on 3rd downs against Tennessee. 

Add to the fact that the Rams are possibly the best candidate for the "better than their record" mantra...

They are a team that went 4-1-1 in a very competitive division & took last years NFC Champions to 2 overtime games, winning one & tieing the other...

The Rams are good defensively & Tavon burnt the Colts on 3-4 big plays, end of story...

Colts just need to address the Big Play factor that has burnt the team the last few games...

I don`t see us running the ball for 140 yards without a long run.
I don`t see Andrew becoming a quicker thinking, accurate enough passer in the short game anytime soon.
He will start turning the ball over more because of the pitiful O-Line and HIS Lust for the 20+ yard pass and the plethora of inaccurate high flyers we have become accustomed to.
 The D will suffer because we lose time of possession.

Maybe our opponents will find ways to lose, like last year, there is a TON of mediocrity out there.

I love the thread and the thought, but to play devils advocate, all those occurred near the beginning or the end of the season.

Now watch a bunch of people agree with me that I have on ignore. ;)

Week 7 of the 2012 Season

Baltimore Ravens 13 (2012 Super Bowl Winner)

Houston Texans 43

;)

The Giants are really good at putting up some stinkers and then winning it all. I also like that you added the "led by Rex Grossman" bits haha.

I think it is becuse Eli is so inconsistent sometimes ... I think he goes from hot to cold, and vice versa more than any other QB.

In the playoffs, to make a big run it would take either Luck significantly picking up his game like Flacco a WR stepping up and catching everything thrown his way like Boldin last year or defense catching fire. Giving the injuries mostly on offense I would see the latter as more likely.

Fixed it for you ... ;)

Thank you but let's be honest, so far this season Luck hasn't been very accurate with his passes either.

He's definitely had some accuracy issues, but give him the Oline play Flacco was getting after they reshuffled their Oline along with a WR that was catching everything thrown his direction (or reggie back) and I think Luck would make 2012 Flacco look like the average QB he is by comparison.