Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Halfway AFC seeds

-JJ-

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah will be interesting to see how this holds up by week 16

Might hold up pretty well as far as the teams making it. The seedings could change a bit. But other than SD (tough schedule) hanging on to the last WC spot , the others should all make it. The NFC has a lot more intrigue. I think it's due to the fact that the NFC has dominated the AFC this year . Thus you only have a couple serious contenders (maybe only one) that are outside looking in right now . That would be Baltimore and someone else that I can't even name .

The NFC on the other hand has Det , Chicgo , Carolina and SF fighting it out for two WC spots. 

The only division in the AFC that is really close is the West. While the only division in the NFC that isn't is the South. 

Might hold up pretty well as far as the teams making it. The seedings could change a bit. But other than SD (tough schedule) hanging on to the last WC spot , the others should all make it. The NFC has a lot more intrigue. I think it's due to the fact that the NFC has dominated the AFC this year . Thus you only have a couple serious contenders (maybe only one) that are outside looking in right now . That would be Baltimore and someone else that I can't even name .

The NFC on the other hand has Det , Chicgo , Carolina and SF fighting it out for two WC spots.

The only division in the AFC that is really close is the West. While the only division in the NFC that isn't is the South.

I think you mean "the AFC has dominated the NFC this year." Take out jacksonville and it hasnt been close.

I see us in the #3 seed as well. I think NE will fall, I could be wrong, but they've been getting beat up probably worst of any team besides the Colts. and with video surfacing this morning showing Brady with a possible broken throwing hand, I think NE's troubles aren't over yet. How theyve manage to get to 6-2 is beyond me and they do deserve credit for it, but I just dont think theyve got the mojo to beat a top tier team as of now.

Cincy, I'm not sold yet on Cincy, Dalton is doing good, that D is good but it's still Cincy and while they may win their division, I could see them at number 4 just as easy as 2.

Denver gets the Chiefs twice, I doubt Peyton loses both of those, if he loses at all. The Chief's have had a reverse schedule strength wise than the Colts. Other than the Chiefs and Cincy(we do play Cincy yet right? I forget lol), we've got a slightly easier schedule. The Chief's get us, the Broncos(twice). I just think Denver wins that match up and thus the division.

Who'd a thought coming into the season the Texans would be 2-5 and in QB drama and the Bronco's and Chiefs duking it out for their divison. Not I

The seedings may change but I think the divisional winners are set at NE, Colts, Cincy. I still like KC to take the West but their 2 games with Denver will decide it pretty much. Whoever does not win the west will be the 5th seed but the sixth seed could be anyone. I would go with Ravens or maybe even the Titans.

I see us in the #3 seed as well. I think NE will fall, I could be wrong, but they've been getting beat up probably worst of any team besides the Colts. and with video surfacing this morning showing Brady with a possible broken throwing hand, I think NE's troubles aren't over yet. How theyve manage to get to 6-2 is beyond me and they do deserve credit for it, but I just dont think theyve got the mojo to beat a top tier team as of now.

Cincy, I'm not sold yet on Cincy, Dalton is doing good, that D is good but it's still Cincy and while they may win their division, I could see them at number 4 just as easy as 2.

Denver gets the Chiefs twice, I doubt Peyton loses both of those, if he loses at all. The Chief's have had a reverse schedule strength wise than the Colts. Other than the Chiefs and Cincy(we do play Cincy yet right? I forget lol), we've got a slightly easier schedule. The Chief's get us, the Broncos(twice). I just think Denver wins that match up and thus the division.

Who'd a thought coming into the season the Texans would be 2-5 and in QB drama and the Bronco's and Chiefs duking it out for their divison. Not I

Pats beat the undefeated Saints so they can beat the top tier teams. Their health remains a major concern. No one knows what is going on with Brady's hand but reports are that it is soft tissue not broken bones. The bye is after this week so hopefully he can rest it but it explains why his throws have been off the last couple of weeks especially. Talib should be back as well as Vareen in the next couple of weeks and if the rooks on the Dline continue to play as well as they have then they will be formidable down the stretch. They have to sure up the run defense for sure and hope that the young WRs continue to progress.

Denver/KC are the best two games of the season in the AFC. I think they split.

I agree about Houston but they are not out of it yet with two games against the Colts looming...

Our schedule is a bear!

When the schedule was released you would have thought that @ Cincy would a less difficult due to the offensive issues they had last year and now they are clicking

KC was going to be a pushover game but not now, Reid has got them playing good and showed Alex Smith how to play winning football

We have still have 5 more division games which are always a struggle.

Who would have thought we would have the wins over Elite teams like we did this year.

This is a very impressive season due to its difficulty and the Colts are winning!

This kind of difficulty prepares you for the rigors of the playoffs and that looks from my view

I think you mean "the AFC has dominated the NFC this year." Take out jacksonville and it hasnt been close.

I figured all the good records in the NFC were due to a better record vs AFC teams. Instead it's due to a lot of really bad records in the NFC. I did add up the wins vs losses and it's as you say the AFC is ahead but by no means domination. It's only a 3 game lead.

Pats beat the undefeated Saints so they can beat the top tier teams. Their health remains a major concern. No one knows what is going on with Brady's hand but reports are that it is soft tissue not broken bones. The bye is after this week so hopefully he can rest it but it explains why his throws have been off the last couple of weeks especially. Talib should be back as well as Vareen in the next couple of weeks and if the rooks on the Dline continue to play as well as they have then they will be formidable down the stretch. They have to sure up the run defense for sure and hope that the young WRs continue to progress.

Denver/KC are the best two games of the season in the AFC. I think they split.

I agree about Houston but they are not out of it yet with two games against the Colts looming...

At Carolina is beginning to look like a tough game.

At Carolina is beginning to look like a tough game.

Yes, it is. I like what they are doing there with their defense and taking some pressure off of Cam. Generally the Pats do well against the NFC with the lone exception being last year where they went 1-3 vs. the West. They are 3-0 this year with good wins over the Saints and at Atlanta back when Atlanta looked like they would be a good team. lol.

I just heard that Gonzo is on the trading block. I am kind of hoping the Pats take a look at him as he would be a great compliment to Gronk. I am not holding my breath but it would be nice to see him get on a team that has a chance to compete this year. .

I bet the odd teams out of the WC race from these four contenders will still have a better record at the end of the season than the NFC East winner...

& that's bogus...

I can guarantee they will. The Cowboys are going too win the east at 8-8, and one of those teams will mias the playoffs at 9-7. My guess is Chicago because of how crippled they are, but thats probably just me buying in to the local hype since I live in NC now.

I would love to see Denver and Indy again, with another whooping of the Broncos.

I can guarantee they will. The Cowboys are going too win the east at 8-8, and one of those teams will mias the playoffs at 9-7. My guess is Chicago because of how crippled they are, but thats probably just me buying in to the local hype since I live in NC now.

I can easily see Dallas choking that division into the hands of the Eagles or Giants for some reason it always, always happens that way.

I would love to see Denver and Indy again, with another whooping of the Broncos.

I can easily see Dallas choking that division into the hands of the Eagles or Giants for some reason it always, always happens that way.

I dont know if I would laugh or cry if the Giants or Eagles got in at 7-9. Its so unfair to the NFC North and West that an East team has to be in it.

I bet the odd teams out of the WC race from these four contenders will still have a better record at the end of the season than the NFC East winner... 

& that's bogus...

If Dallas does their December swoon , very possible 7-9 could win that division. What a terrible "glitch" in the system that would be.

whoever the 4th seeded division winner is will likely host either denver or kansas city

Thats basically fact, not a likely scenario. Barring a mid season collapse, all but 2 playoff teams are basically decided this year. The last wildcard spot for both the AFC and the NFC is all that remains to be decided. Everything else is mostly just seeding.

Wouldn't that be a real hoot, Giants winning the East after the awful start they had to the season. It does seem to always happen that way too. Not sure the Eagles have it in them though this year......or Skins. But, a NY team getting in would make everyone so giddy!

As for the Colts, I just want the AFC South division by years end and whoever we play we play. The one thing I don't want is to play at NE. They could be fielding a team with nothing but backups at that point and it would still feel like us vs. the world......

It was a whooping until we took our foot off the gas....ok, a mini whooping.

I would hardly call it any whooping when Andrew only had 5 of 15 passes for 29 yards after Reggie went out in the second half. It ought to be interesting to see how we fair without Reggie.  I would guess TY will be doubled team like Reggie was but Reggie was able to catch about anything thrown his way. :)   The other WR and TE need to step up Big Time. JMO