Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Halfway AFC seeds

-JJ-

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you missed mine. I predicted Denver wins by 7 because KCs offense is inept. That is a close game. Danlhart vastly overestimates what KCs defense can do to Denver, especially since I think their o line will be healthier.

did I miss something or did you not state in post #56 above, that Denver will put up no less than 30 meanwhile KC will max out at 20? . . . I was addressing this post and that you can not just look at the first 8 games and come to a definite conclusion . . . that was the point he and I were trying to make . . .sure maybe Denver wins 37-14 or maybe KC wins 21-14, who knows, that is why they play the game . . . everything else is just opinion . . . for the most part Denver's offense has been feasting on the bottom half of the defenses in the league . . .

Denver has not run into this kind of defense this season and time will tell . . . something is going to give and it will be fun to watch . . . I am not sure which one will give, but what I can say is that we can not say for sure one will give or the other . . .

Seeding right now would be:

1) KC

2) NE

3) IND

4) CIN

5) DEN

6) NYJ

Is this because they are all right now leading their perspective Divisions.? Because Denver has a better record than NE, CIN and IND.

Of course, I believe Denver will pass KC after they meet, so then it would be

1) DEN

2) NE

3) IND

4) CIN

5) KC

6) NYJ

;)

Is this because they are all right now leading their perspective Divisions.? Because Denver has a better record than NE, CIN and IND.

Of course, I believe Denver will pass KC after they meet, so then it would be

1) DEN

2) NE

3) IND

4) CIN

5) KC

6) NYJ

;)

Yes, NFL seeding is based on divisional placement, not overall conference standing. The 4 division winners, regardless of record, are seeds 1-4. The two non division winners with the best records are the wildcards at 5 & 6. This is why the cowboys will get a homefield game at 9-7 against a 12-13 win seattle/san fran team.

The Indy-NJ flight is booked?  Looks like a lot of people agree with me!

Maybe I can fly into BOS and get a connecting flight to NJ; there should be plenty available there.

:D

No- But can maybe catch an Amtrac to NJ to watch us :D

Yes, NFL seeding is based on divisional placement, not overall conference standing. The 4 division winners, regardless of record, are seeds 1-4. The two non division winners with the best records are the wildcards at 5 & 6. This is why the cowboys will get a homefield game at 9-7 against a 12-13 win seattle/san fran team.

Imagine a 15-1 team getting a WC under a 16-0 div winner

Imagine a 15-1 team getting a WC under a 16-0 div winner

They'd have to be 14-2, because they would have played the 16-0 team twice and lost 'em both. Can't have a 16-0 team and a 15-1 team in the same division. It's mathematically impossible.  ;)

They'd have to be 14-2, because they would have played the 16-0 team twice and lost 'em both. Can't have a 16-0 team and a 15-1 team in the same division. It's mathematically impossible.  ;)

spoil sport. Always a Know-it-all in every crowd. haha ;)

Playing offensive juggernauts like the Bills, Steelers, Jets 2x, Bucs probably helps that defensive ranking.

Seriously though, I have no idea what to make of the Patriots at this point. Key injuries on defense and an offense that is reliant on two injury prone pass catchers leaves me skeptical.

They played the Saints tough too holding Graham to zero catches. And the Bills have been putting points up all season.

They are a bit of paradox though. There is a lot of young talent that if Bill is able to coach up they will be very dangerous in January. They need Gronk and Amendola to stay healthy though or at least be healthy come Jan. But I think that is true for most teams as no team is going far if their two best pass catchers are missing.

True that the Patriots have been through some growing pains but it's coming together plus it doesn't help that you hold the Patriots to a much higher standard any other team in the NFL (who doesn't right?). They're still better than our beloved Colts and still climbing.

PATRIOTS

1st AFC East (7-2-0)

Game Averages (2013)

offense

PTS

(9th)

YDS

(11th)

PASS YDS

(17th)

RUSH YDS

(10th)

COLTS

1st AFC South (6-2-0)

Game Averages (2013)

offense

PTS

(8th)

YDS

(19th)

PASS YDS

(20th)

RUSH YDS

(12th)

Dusty... would you please give us the pleasure of sharing your commentary on the Colts O with the board?  I personally find your golden nuggets of wisdom  refreshing.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I send that reference to your daddy. Good luck.

If the Patriots do what the Chiefs do, make enough defensive stops and score just more than their opponents to win games, that is all that is needed anyway.

Every team will have a matchup to exploit or weakness to exploit come playoff time, some teams are able to execute fine, some teams tend to go for a combination of execution and a little bit of the jugular.

Dusty... would you please give us the pleasure of sharing your commentary on the Colts O with the board?  I personally find your golden nuggets of wisdom  refreshing.

Thank you in advance.

Please keep sharing your predictions on the outcomes of Colts games....there is nothing more entertaining than that.

Please keep sharing your predictions on the outcomes of Colts games....there is nothing more entertaining than that.

I think I was wrong on one? Maybe the Denver game? I've got the Colts going to the AFCCG buddy! If you don't that's your problem.

Thank you in advance.

DustyRhodesTullyBlanchard.jpg

I think I was wrong on one? Maybe the Denver game? I've got the Colts going to the AFCCG buddy! If you don't that your problem.

Pretty sure you had them getting smoked by the 49ers too and claimed the Colts just weren't that good. Glad to see you have jumped on the bandwagon....

Pretty sure you had them getting smoked by the 49ers too and claimed the Colts just weren't that good. Glad to see you have jumped on the bandwagon....

You're right. I had them beating the Broncos (one of very few) and losing to SF. SF was a game changer for me. I never said the Colts weren't  good. They are a level better than a thought at the beginning on the season. I'm a little concerned that they may have peaked a this point. Lets see if they can take it up a notch. It's that time of year. Was it you that I said talk to me after week 12 to?