Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could We Still..

Dark Superman

Make a move before the deadline?

I know Griff Whalen was activated, but perhaps a move for an offensive lineman?

Satele and McGlynn scare me and upgrading those two positions is key.

Just some thought..

I have this crackpot theory that we elevated Griff as a smokescreen. Saying to the browns "see, we arent desperate for your receiver!" in an attempt to gain some leverage. Im still seeing people saying Browns want a second. Maybe a 2015 2nd and this years 5th.

Not going to happen though :)

If they were going to make a trade, it would have happened last week. To bring in a receiver now and expect him to make an immediate impact is ridiculous. It takes a lot of time for a QB and receiver to get chemistry. It would likely take the rest of this season before any new receiver from a different team would be comfortable in our offense and develop chemistry with Luck. As to the question of making a trade for an O-lineman, Absolutely not gonna happen, as much as it's overwhelmingly upsetting to some, it's fairly obvious the the coaches are ok with Satele and McGlynn. I think were fine with McGlynn at center, but for some reason Satele keeps getting playing time.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If he keeps forcing it to luck than He's gonna have a lot of incompletions directed at the sideline.

Luck targets himself?  Interesting.

If he keeps forcing it to luck than He's gonna have a lot of incompletions directed at the sideline.

right, when Luck forces it to Luck, then first downs happen...

Luck has gone on record as saying he forced a pass to Wayne, (the pick in the Miami game) when he SAW Whalen open...

I am not knocking Luck, cause sometimes I like a little gamble, but now that Wayne is out other receivers will get more targets, one of those guys being Whalen..

I was just trying to be optimistic & say that I think Whalen will be better than what some people think, now that he will be playing more football...

right, when Luck forces it to Luck, then first downs happen...

Luck has gone on record as saying he forced a pass to Wayne, (the pick in the Miami game) when he SAW Whalen open...

I am not knocking Luck, cause sometimes I like a little gamble, but now that Wayne is out other receivers will get more targets, one of those guys being Whalen..

I was just trying to be optimistic & say that I think Whalen will be better than what some people think, now that he will be playing more football...

I agree he forces it to Wayne, and im sure youy know I def meant Wayne. No idea why i put Luck. Our receivers are going to have to step up. Darick can become the next dez imo. 

I agree he forces it to Wayne, and im sure youy know I def meant Wayne. No idea why i put Luck. Our receivers are going to have to step up. Darick can become the next dez imo. 

Im not 100% sure but I thought Dez came into the league with issues and was kind of known as a problem child? If that is true then I definitely don't think Rogers will ever get close to Bryant. Dez had issues and still was the 24th overall pick. Rogers fell completely out of the draft.

Im not 100% sure but I thought Dez came into the league with issues and was kind of known as a problem child? If that is true then I definitely don't think Rogers will ever get close to Bryant. Dez had issues and still was the 24th overall pick. Rogers fell completely out of the draft.

Just wishful/hopeful thinking on my part.

Compare Dez's current stats with Calvin Johnson's first fifty games & see what you get...

Then come back here & try to type "I think Darick can become the next Calvin Johnson"...

Compare Dez's current stats with Calvin Johnson's first fifty games & see what you get...

Then come back here & try to type "I think Darick can become the next Calvin Johnson"...

I think their physicals are at the same level (Rodgers and Bryant). It seems that when people only think you post negatives on here that they get butthurt when you post something positive about one of our nice young players. 

Hey my glass is always full too...

I meant to say, my glass is always half full, as in, I am often optimistic about the Colts & try to give the players the benefit of the doubt...

I think their physicals are at the same level (Rodgers and Bryant). It seems that when people only think you post negatives on here that they get butthurt when you post something positive about one of our nice young players. 

Its no fun always being a hater...

The thing that is weird though is the Dez Bryant comparisons...

On one hand you have a player in Dez who through 50 games is basically on Par with Calvin Johnson (arguably the best receiver in the game) early in his career, so if Dez continues to put up stellar numbers, he could easily be viewed as one of the top receivers in the game, from a stats perspective...

On the other hand you also have one of the most immature players in the game in Dez. This was personified in his temper tantrum at the end of the Lions game. Dallas basically had to hire a babysitter for a grown man because Dez couldn't keep it together...

I mean who gets banned from shopping malls for refusing to pull up sagging pants...

So comparing a UDFA currently on a team's PS, who was cut from a struggling Bills squad, who also had some character issues (although there has got to be more going on with Rogers than the failed drug screen), with one of the top performing receivers in the game today, you will probably get some mixed reactions from fans, especially if you've played the hater card in the past...

I have a little more faith in Brazil (a player who is more familiar with the playbook) & Whalen (a Stanford grad. who studied Human Biology & Product Design & improved significantly in each of his years playing Football for a strong PAC12 Stanford  program) picking up some of the slack than I do a guy who was cut from a program in Tennessee, played for Tennessee Tech & apparently has some issues learning the playbook because it is too "real"... 

just saying...

Comparing an UDFA who played against lesser competition in Rodgers, to Bryant, a Heisman contender & 1st round draft prospect who was even projected as the 1st overall pick in some mocks who played against stronger programs in Oklahoma, seems a little crazy...

Some people don't even like the Whalen-Welker comparisons, even though they have a few more parallels, like both being UDFA's & both struggling their first year in the league, Whalen being injured in pre-season his first year, & Welker being cut from San Diego & starting off on ST's in Miami...

With all that said, the moment Da'rick can put up a 10 reception, 100 yard, 2 TD game, I will be the first one to go out & buy a Rodgers jersey, he just has to make the active roster first...

Make a move before the deadline?

I know Griff Whalen was activated, but perhaps a move for an offensive lineman?

Satele and McGlynn scare me and upgrading those two positions is key.

Just some thought..

haha! You think someone is going to trade an O-Lineman this far into the season, that makes nothing, (Fits our Cap) who can knock one of those guys to the bench. hahahaha!

hahaha! Not that i don`t share your concern.

I  certainly would want a guy to knock poor Link off the roster. But Pags love that 4 position stud.

No, we gotta Love the ones we`re with. We will be sky high going into next season!

haha! You think someone is going to trade an O-Lineman this far into the season, that makes nothing, (Fits our Cap) who can knock one of those guys to the bench. hahahaha!

hahaha! Not that i don`t share your concern.

I  certainly would want a guy to knock poor Link off the roster. But Pags love that 4 position stud.

No, we gotta Love the ones we`re with. We will be sky high going into next season!

Very true, pal.