Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts: Three Wide Receivers to Replace Reggie Wayne

mintor

With Luck I think he'll be worth it. Unlike Wallace... But this is all just from an emotional fan who wants to have a future plan in case my man can't come back or is only a shred of his former self :( The future is bright, any good receiver prospects next year? (I don't follow CFB)

I may be wrong, but I dont believe theres anything better than we could trade for in the late second, which would be our first pick.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not saying hes bad, he is just due for his big pay day, and that's hard to swallow when we already have so many free agents to re-sign this year. I dont know, the fan in me wants to jump at the chance to get him, but my internal GM is terrified of how those negotiations would go down.

Nicks sucks,he is not playing well for a contract year. Looked bad again last nite.

How much of that is Nicks sucks, and how much is it Eli is gettimg throttled and Nicks isnt trying as hard because he wants out of New York? That entire situation in Big Blue is a disaster.

Nicks would be a fine #1 here, Im just scared of payimg him when Gordon is on the market still in his rookie contract.

Knowing Grigson like we do, he will probably dial up something big time. I just think the FO is a little hesitant with Brazil because of his suspension and off season antics. The question is "is this the end for Reggie Wayne?". When he recovers, he will be old and out of shape. This is how it ends sometimes.

I was among those who thought they should've drafted a receiver this last year. It isn't too late though. They could trade for Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, Hakeem Nicks or any slew of talented receivers. Blackmon is my favorite potential target and would actually be a perfect compliment to Gordon. I think its going to be really funny when Grigson trades for some stud receiver that none of us guessed.

I was among those who thought they should've drafted a receiver this last year. It isn't too late though. They could trade for Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, Hakeem Nicks or any slew of talented receivers. Blackmon is my favorite potential target and would actually be a perfect compliment to Gordon. I think its going to be really funny when Grigson trades for some stud receiver that none of us guessed.

Jacksonville isnt surrendering Blackmon that easily, especially to a divisional opponent. The only divisional move thats remotely likely is Kenny Britt, and thats only because of how far south his relationship with that organization has gone.

Most likely candidate is Nicks. Best case scenario is Gordon. Pretty convinced of that.

we arent trading for both gordon and blackmon. i dont care how much you want it to happen.

Guest TeamLoloJones

No the best case scenario is the current roster steps up their game.

Best case scenario is we get Josh Gordon and he becomes Megatron Jr.

No the best case scenario is the current roster steps up their game.

The talent isnt in the recieving corp on the current roster, and where there is talent its still too raw. It also still doesnt solve the depth problem. This line of thought continues to lead nowhere.

Vincent Jackson? I know he is 30 but he is also 6'5. I just want to know what everyone else thinks about him. I don't think his contract would be an issue either, it was front loaded in the first two years.

I've always liked Jackson. When he was on the Chargers he would kill the Colts all the time. 

A thought:  Grigson has made 15 or so trades.  Have any of them been favorable?  TRIch?  debatable.

Don't expect a savior by way of trade.  There is a reason the other team is looking to jettison said WR.  I would love to see a trade that eases the pain of losing Reggie, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

Considering the desperate need at WR and poor interior line play, that is the silliest mock draft I can think of.

Consider that Wayne will be 36 coming off a torn ACL next year, and DHB will need a new contract. Thats both our starters this year. Can TY improve to be a #1? Sure, especially with one more offseason. Thats still dangerously thin at WR with no aid in sight with your little mock there. A trade now of a WR gives Grigson breathing room to address other areas and not be steamrolled in negotiations by free agents, while also helping to fill the gap Reggie left this year in a playoff run.

Its not just about this year and next man up. Its a building move to address a position that has become alarmingly thin on offense, so our franchise QB actually has somebody to throw to.

I like Gordon just as much as you guys he's a talented WR but he's also one strike away from being suspended for the year, too big of a risk imo. There will be so many good players available in the 2nd round with first round talent it happens every year. Players like Christian Jones ILB, A.J Johnson ILB, Gabe Jackson G, i think one of those guys will fall to us. This is a really deep draft with ILB's, Guards, and WR's.

Here's a list of some of the prospects that will have a chance of getting in the 2nd and 3 rounds.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

to keep this conversation going, saw this on SI.com

http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/23/nfl-trade-rumors-jared-allen-justin-blackmon/?sct=nfl_t1t_a2

It talks about a few "mock" trades, and has the Ravens giving up a third round pick for Justin Blackmon. A third round pick? That raises a few questions:

Would the Jags even consider trading Blackmon for a third round pick?

Would the Jags even consider trading Blackmon within the division?

Lastly, would you hypothetically want this trade for the Colts?

to keep this conversation going, saw this on SI.com

http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/23/nfl-trade-rumors-jared-allen-justin-blackmon/?sct=nfl_t1t_a2

It talks about a few "mock" trades, and has the Ravens giving up a third round pick for Justin Blackmon. A third round pick? That raises a few questions:

Would the Jags even consider trading Blackmon for a third round pick?

Would the Jags even consider trading Blackmon within the division?

Lastly, would you hypothetically want this trade for the Colts?

I can't see the Jags giving up Blackmon for a 3rd to anyone. 

I thought Nicks was older but since he's only 25, I think he's a much better target.  That is if we can make a contract extension a condition of the deal.

We don't have a lot of cap space left right now (about 3.3 mil) and Nicks will cost us 2.7 mil in cap space for this year, plus any extensions we give him for the following years.  So we might have to consider cutting someone or trading someone to free up cap space.  

Me & a buddy brought his name up...

He would be a fan favorite & if he could get a few receptions/first downs a game it'd be worth it...

Having lost a several steps, as was apparent when I watched him earlier this year, he may be serviceable as a classic "possession" receiver. 

A guy to run the slants and hook-ins, short/mid-range stuff. Reggie wasn't exactly killing 'em with speed, we have at least 3 starters that stretch the field. I can seriously see Stokes eating up a defense underneath. 

The idea might not be as whack as it first hits the ear as. 

Having lost a several steps, as was apparent when I watched him earlier this year, he may be serviceable as a classic "possession" receiver. 

A guy to run the slants and hook-ins, short/mid-range stuff. Reggie wasn't exactly killing 'em with speed, we have at least 3 starters that stretch the field. I can seriously see Stokes eating up a defense underneath. 

The idea might not be as whack as it first hits the ear as. 

My guess is he is done...He couldn't keep his job on an injury ridden Ravens team.

He's on the Ravens active roster. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

No the best case scenario would Brazill or Rogers step up and play well enough to earn a spot as a starter. We dont lose a draft pick in that case. 

Really?  Brazill or Rogers being good enough to be a starter is better than getting JG if Gordon becomes the next Calvin Johnson?

Britt is in division, it wont happen

Gordon is best case scenario

Nicks is a desperation move

why is gordon a best case and nicks a desperation? one is a proven #1 receiver the other is starting to maek plays..one has some personal issues while nicks hasnt...why is gordon best case and nicks desperation?