Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The only possible silver lining

AllYouNeedIsLuck

... for Reggie's injury in my opinion will be if we trade for Gordon, Nicks or whoever else is out there, go deep in the playoffs, and then next season when Wayne comes back we'll have a really talented deep receiving core to almost ensure a deep playoff run and possible super bowl run. And also possibly having Reggie's replacement. 

Still, nothing can make up for such a blow. Reggie is the Colts. Big loss. Next man up, I guess!

... for Reggie's injury in my opinion will be if we trade for Gordon, Nicks or whoever else is out there, go deep in the playoffs, and then next season when Wayne comes back we'll have a really talented deep receiving core to almost ensure a deep playoff run and possible super bowl run. And also possibly having Reggie's replacement.

Still, nothing can make up for such a blow. Reggie is the Colts. Big loss. Next man up, I guess!

I could see them talking with the Giants for Nicks.

Andrew Luck no longer stares dowm Reggie Wayne is also a plus imo

Huge step in Andrew's growing process. Now he can learn how to scan the field and possibly make better throws/decisions

Lol....you listen to this forum too much

Lol....you listen to this forum too much

No, I watch our games. You can see Andrew forcing passes to Reggie. Prime example is the Miami game. On the interception he threw up in the endzone, he had Griff Whalen underneath but threw to Reggie. Luck even admitted he saw Griff Whalen but ignored it and threw it to Reggie

No, I watch our games. You can see Andrew forcing passes to Reggie. Prime example is the Miami game. On the interception he threw up in the endzone, he had Griff Whalen underneath but threw to Reggie. Luck even admitted he saw Griff Whalen but ignored it and threw it to Reggie

Every QB has made that type of error....sucks but it happens.

Nice player, but he is so frequently injured in the last couple of years that the Giants are phasing him out and phasing in Randle.

He would probably be in and out of the lineup with us too.

Not to mention that he's got a contract negotiation coming up next year (I think).

A new receiver would have to learn the offense, which would take too much time. We are better going with our own.

I don't think the Colts will make a trade. We are already missing our 1st-4th and 7th round picks in next years draft. Someone already on the team will have to step up. Reggie can not be replaced, he is Luck's security blanket. Luck knew that Reggie would always be where he was supposed to be on every play and that he could make the tough catch. I think the Colts will move Whalen up to the active roster. Whalen doesn't have nearly the talent that Reggie does, but he is a player that Andrew is familiar with, as they played together at Stanford. This familiarity will help, its not Reggie, but nobody is. Whalen's best qualities are route running, toughness and good hands, if Luck feels that he can count on Whalen to be where he is supposed to be on the field, that will help more than some new guy that has no chemistry with Luck. Like I said you can't replace Reggie, but having a guy Luck is familiar with will help. The whole receiving core will have to step it up, Fleener included. We will have to find a different way to get it done. "GO COLTS"

WE gave away our No.1/....we cant trade any more draft choices

Why is dhb the only guy people hammer for drops around here? 

Confirmation bias. People already think that he drops a lot of balls, so when he actually does drop a pass it stands out more in their minds. Completely ignoring everything else up to that point. 

WE gave away our No.1/....we cant trade any more draft choices

Never understood this thinking. If you can get a player who you already know is good and you think has a lot of potential upside, I don't understand why you wouldn't part with a pick which is essentially a crapshoot. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Never understood this thinking. If you can get a player who you already know is good and you think has a lot of potential upside, I don't understand why you wouldn't part with a pick which is essentially a crapshoot. 

Just look at the Vontae Davis trade..I think we got away with robbery on that one...and at the time most people thought that would be the #33 overall pick we were giving up.

Ithis. If Josh Gordon didn't have two strikes I would trade a #2 for him in a heartbeat.