Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cassius Vaughn

tony1287

I don't know how some people feel about it but I think Vaughn did a good job returning kicks last night averaging roughly 29 yards a return I think. More explosive than david reed I'll say.. I don't hate reed by the way I just think vaughn looked more comfortable back there. Possibly a change there??

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't know how some people feel about it but I think Vaughn did a good job returning kicks last night averaging roughly 29 yards a return I think. More explosive than david reed I'll say.. I don't hate reed by the way I just think vaughn looked more comfortable back there. Possibly a change there??

I agree.  I think Vaughn should keep the job over Reed.  Vaughn isn't great, but I think Reed is just a wasted roster spot at this point.

i dont care if he stays on ST just gotta get him away from playing CB lol. 

He did a little too much trash talking for my liking..

I called it, when Davis had to come out with a limp on that play that D. Thomas was going to light up Cassius -- sure enough 1 play against him and he was in the endzone with a TD. 

I think Cassius is fine as a 4 or 5 DB -- I think with Vontae we have a top 3-5 #1 CB in the league -- Toler is an adequate #2, and Butler has shined in the slot (maybe a top 3 slot CB). 

Unfortunately, if any one of those 3 go down it means Cassius comes on the field and (especially against a team like DEN) he is a major liability on the field in coverage.

I called it, when Davis had to come out with a limp on that play that D. Thomas was going to light up Cassius -- sure enough 1 play against him and he was in the endzone with a TD. 

I think Cassius is fine as a 4 or 5 DB -- I think with Vontae we have a top 3-5 #1 CB in the league -- Toler is an adequate #2, and Butler has shined in the slot (maybe a top 3 slot CB). 

Unfortunately, if any one of those 3 go down it means Cassius comes on the field and (especially against a team like DEN) he is a major liability on the field in coverage.

I thought Butler was on DT on that touchdown?

Vaughn the more he plays the better he gets as a CB, honestly this year he hasn't had a lot of time. I like that he is a hitter but he is more of a cover 2 guy than a man guy. A little to stiff, but he tries hard & the more he played last year the better he got. He really is 4/5 CB though. Gordy I thought was outplayed in pre season but they like his man skills for some reason. Hopefully none of the injuries are serious!

Still do not like his CB play....scary bad...he and Gordy are abysmal.

Reed needs to go...what a waste IMO...

Vaughn  has made good decisions as a returner....Reed...Notso much  :spit:

Reed is listed as a WR.  How is he at that position?  Considering the teams need.  I can't imagine him as really good or else, that's what he'd be doing instead of kick returns.  I'm just wondering as a stop gap type player.

looked more like Landry didn't play his zone

Reed is listed as a WR.  How is he at that position?  Considering the teams need.  I can't imagine him as really good or else, that's what he'd be doing instead of kick returns.  I'm just wondering as a stop gap type player.

Not too much to go on...looks like 5 receptions with BLT....not too impressive IMO....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReedDa00.htm

In my honest non troll opinion I don't think that was cover 2 because of the way the corner followed him from the middle to the outside

Both plays were man coverage with 2 deep safeties and the safeties gave no help and in the Howell play vs Chargers, Howell not only didn't help, he got in the way. That's how I saw it and seemingly everyone but you.

The heck should I know, that's what those people were telling me.The reason why I placed more responsibility on the corner than the safety is strictly because it was man...

They clearly weren't in Cover 2 Zone anyone with very basic understanding of coverages could see that. Let's get back to the original point, why did you blame the SS this week while last week you blamed the CB on essentially the same play with the same coverage?

Could it be you were wrong?

They clearly weren't in Cover 2 Zone anyone with very basic understanding of coverages could see that. Let's get back to the original point, why did you blame the SS this week while last week you blamed the CB on essentially the same play with the same coverage?

Could it be you were wrong?

It very well could be that i'm wrong, but no ones the coach here... last weeks route was just a straight up deep route where all's Davis had to do was stick with his guy. This week Thomas started in the middle and shook off Butler(I think) by faking an out route, than cutting it deep. Both situations the safety puts help over the top but last week Imo Davis could have stuck with him because he just needed to run straight, and this week Butler whom i don't expect to be able to keep in line with Thomas especially with that fake has a much more difficult time staying with his man. In situation 1 corner Davis should have been able to keep with his man, situation 2 i expect Landry to not play it so far up since Butler is in a bad position. Just for clarification I blame both Davis and Howell for last weeks bone head play, just this week i put the blame more so on Landry and last week on Davis.

Also i did this so I wouldn't be attacked by people on here, but it happened anyways so go figure...

It very well could be that i'm wrong, but no ones the coach here... last weeks route was just a straight up deep route where all's Davis had to do was stick with his guy. This week Thomas started in the middle and shook off Butler(I think) by faking an out route, than cutting it deep. Both situations the safety puts help over the top but last week Imo Davis could have stuck with him because he just needed to run straight, and this week Butler whom i don't expect to be able to keep in line with Thomas especially with that fake has a much more difficult time staying with his man. In situation 1 corner Davis should have been able to keep with his man, situation 2 i expect Landry to not play it so far up since Butler is in a bad position. Just for clarification I blame both Davis and Howell for last weeks bone head play, just this week i put the blame more so on Landry and last week on Davis.

Also i did this so I wouldn't be attacked by people on here, but it happened anyways so go figure...

I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious on why you flip flopped after your "You vs. Forum" last week.

I'd argue that last week Howell was more at fault because he cut Vontae off and then failed to make a play as for this week Butler just got burned and Landry wasn't there to help so I'd say they were equally at fault.

We can agree to disagree, though. No need to beat a dead horse any more than we have.

The heck should I know, that's what those people were telling me.The reason why I placed more responsibility on the corner than the safety is strictly because it was man...

People told me that Peyton Manning was washed up and a noodle arm....should I go on what they say?  Just saying.  Study and ask questions.  

You obviously love the Colts, and we enjoy your contributions here too!  I am in no way slamming you here :)

I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious on why you flip flopped after your "You vs. Forum" last week.

I'd argue that last week Howell was more at fault because he cut Vontae off and then failed to make a play as for this week Butler just got burned and Landry wasn't there to help so I'd say they were equally at fault.

We can agree to disagree, though. No need to beat a dead horse any more than we have.

You did a nice job of explaining.  

Just because it's Man coverage doesn't mean that giving up a completion was the CB's fault.  In Cover 2 Man, the CB plays underneath and the safety plays over the top.  If the completion is given up over the top then the blame typically goes to the safety that was supposed to be playing deep. :)

Just because it's Man coverage doesn't mean that giving up a completion was the CB's fault.  In Cover 2 Man, the CB plays underneath and the safety plays over the top.  If the completion is given up over the top then the blame typically goes to the safety that was supposed to be playing deep. :)

looking back at it Williams owned Davis on some type of swim looking move near the end. Whatever I am glad Davis came to play the other day. 

looking back at it Williams owned Davis on some type of swim looking move near the end. Whatever I am glad Davis came to play the other day. 

Davis has come to play every week.  Even if you want to put that play on Davis, every great CB gives up a play from time to time.