Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't let go...

tony1287

I just want to say that I think it is ridiculous to still have people mad and griping about the peyton release. And some will wear his jersey to the game at LOS on sunday but say they are colts fans. This is absolutely absurd and drives me crazy!! This is ANDREW LUCK'S team now and true colts fans would not even consider this. I understand the love for peyton and what he did for this team and city, but it's time to move on and look forward to the bright future we have. I hope he is cheered when he takes the field sunday but when the ball is kicked off we need to understand that peyton is no longer a colt people!! Cheer for your team!! Not peyton! Go colts, FOREVER

I just want to say that I think it is ridiculous to still have people mad and griping about the peyton release. And some will wear his jersey to the game at LOS on sunday but say they are colts fans. This is absolutely absurd and drives me crazy!! This is ANDREW LUCK'S team now and true colts fans would not even consider this. I understand the love for peyton and what he did for this team and city, but it's time to move on and look forward to the bright future we have. I hope he is cheered when he takes the field sunday but when the ball is kicked off we need to understand that peyton is no longer a colt people!! Cheer for your team!! Not peyton! Go colts, FOREVER

1000% agree and I've tried to understand this, but there is no hope...It's gonna be embarrassing seeing everyone in 18 jersey's be it blue or orange and make our fans and city a laughing stock for all the media Monday....It will really make Luck feel good like everyone has moved on and accepted him too....smh

People are free to cheer for whoever they want.  I don't like the Panthers, but I really like Kuechly.  I cheer for Kuechly to do well and some people will cheer for Peyton to do well.  It's their own choice

If we played the Panthers here would you wear a Kuechly Jersey to the game??? Peyton doesn't care about us and I'm sure he wants us to lose every game so he looks better....That's what kills me about it...They act like he cares about them, he wants the Colts to go down in flames trust me...

If we played the Panthers here would you wear a Kuechly Jersey to the game??? Peyton doesn't care about us and I'm sure he wants us to lose every game so he looks better....That's what kills me about it...They act like he cares about them, he wants the Colts to go down in flames trust me...

I tend to think that's not true. Certainly Manning doesn't want to lose to the Colts, but I don't think he wishes the Colts to fail. I compare the experience to Montana being traded to KC.

if you really think that, then you weren't paying attention his entire career, and his exit press conference. I won't be rooting for him this weekend. It will be the first time i root against him. But if we meet him again, it won't be the last

People are free to cheer for whoever they want.  I don't like the Panthers, but I really like Kuechly.  I cheer for Kuechly to do well and some people will cheer for Peyton to do well.  It's their own choice

Yea I guess I'll wear a Robert Quinn jersey to the colts game when the rams come to town this year. Gonna cheer for my team but I love Quinn too so it's a toss up... I was just saying it's weird to cheer for a previous player that's trying to beat our team that's all. Players come and go, it just so happens the one that went is one of the best all time. Once again, go colts... I've gladly moved on from peyton and luck has a lot to do with easing that transition. Insert mark sanchez instead and I might be agreeing...

if you really think that, then you weren't paying attention his entire career, and his exit press conference. I won't be rooting for him this weekend. It will be the first time i root against him. But if we meet him again, it won't be the last

He has moved on.....He's living in the mountains now hanging with Elway...People here need to move on too, he was a great regular season QB for us...We have a new QB of a generation now who will be a better more clutch QB , and who won't take 8 years to win his 1st playoff game...

He has moved on.....He's living in the mountains now hanging with Elway...People here need to move on too, he was a great regular season QB for us...We have a new QB of a generation now who will be a better more clutch QB , and who won't take 8 years to win his 1st playoff game...

peoples love for Manning is more than just about what he did on the field. It is only a part of what he means to the city of Indianapolis

I fail to see why anyone should be embarrassed to wear a Manning Colts jersey. He's the greatest franchise player of the Indy era.

This. I'll be sporting my Colts Manning jersey on Sunday night-- I never had the opportunity to see him play as a Colt in person. Last season, my first NFL game was the Colts Buffalo game. I rocked my Luck jersey with pride that day, while my mom wore my Johnny U jersey. I'm just taking it for what it is; I get to see my all-time favorite player play my all-time favorite team. If I was rooting for the Broncos, I'd be wearing a Broncos jersey. 'Nuff said. Go Colts!

"if you don't pick me, I will kick your butt for the next 15 years." Peyton Manning

Don't think for one second he has forgotten those words. He is coming in to Indy to try to embarrass the Colts on national television. He may love the city, some of his old teammates, and Colts fans, but he loves winning much a whole lot.

i for one will be wearing my luck jersey. I am grateful for what Manning did for the team the city and this state. but when game time comes he is just the QB on the other team trying to beat my colts. i have been colt blooded through and through i don't care who you are. 

Go Horse

peoples love for Manning is more than just about what he did on the field. It is only a part of what he means to the city of Indianapolis

I 100% agree with this but we shouldn't let our love for a previous player get in the way of cheering for our team to win when playing against them. This shouldn't even be considered when it comes to him playing the colts. How will it make luck feel come sunday night when he sees blue peyton jerseys... that screams "We still want peyton and you don't matter"... Yea that will never happen from me and come sunday I hope we beat the broncos and peyton.

I 100% agree with this but we shouldn't let our love for a previous player get in the way of cheering for our team to win when playing against them. This shouldn't even be considered when it comes to him playing the colts. How will it make luck feel come sunday night when he sees blue peyton jerseys... that screams "We still want peyton and you don't matter"... Yea that will never happen from me and come sunday I hope we beat the broncos and peyton.

Exactly.....I'm sure Luck is gonna feel real good seeing that...

Wait so we can't wear our Manning Jerseys without being against the colts? Right....

You seriously don't see the problem with wearing the opposing teams qb's jersey but rooting for your team??? He is a bronco for God's sake!!! This game isn't about what he did as s colt. He certainly won't let up on us when it comes to winning the game just because he played many years for us...

I don't see the problem with wearing a Manning Colts jersey.  It still shows loyalty to the team.  That's like saying you can't wear a Jeff Saturday jersey anymore because Samson Satele is the center now.  That's just a bunch a bull.

I'd wear a Harbaugh Colts jersey if I had one!

And I'd like remind y'all that not everybody has a $100 to throw down on a jersey every time a player leaves!

"if you don't pick me, I will kick your butt for the next 15 years." Peyton Manning

Don't think for one second he has forgotten those words. He is coming in to Indy to try to embarrass the Colts on national television. He may love the city, some of his old teammates, and Colts fans, but he loves winning much a whole lot.

Can't fault him for that.

I don't see the problem with wearing a Manning Colts jersey.  It still shows loyalty to the team.  That's like saying you can't wear a Jeff Saturday jersey anymore because Samson Satele is the center now.  That's just a bunch a bull.

I'd wear a Harbaugh Colts jersey if I had one!

And I'd like remind y'all that not everybody has a $100 to throw down on a jersey every time a player leaves!

That's not the same at all actually. Harbaugh and saturday are retired and peyton is still playing, and for the opposing team I might add...

"A mountain so high it can keep, keep me away

Away from my love

I love him, I love him, I love him

And where he goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow

He'll always be my true love, my true love, my true love

From now until forever, forever, forever"

:headspin:

For the record, it took Manning 6 seasons to win his first playoff game.

i totally agree. I'm a colts fan first. And will not be cheering for him to beat us. But i have tons of respect for the man

I don't see a issue on wearing a blue Manning jersey to the game sunday..

now if you wore a broncos manning jersey and rooting for the Colts then it might be different

Ok so what happens when peyton throws a touchdown while you're wearing your blue manning jersey??? Do you boo him? Cheer him on while also wanting the colts to win? Please make it make sense for me somehow...

Ok so what happens when peyton throws a touchdown while you're wearing your blue manning jersey??? Do you boo him? Cheer him on while also wanting the colts to win? Please make it make sense for me somehow...

Jerseys aren't cheap. As long as its a colts Manning Jersey i have no problem with it. I actually wore my old #4 Jersey when we played the niners a few weeks ago. Although it was in a sports bar and not at the game. I thought it was funny

Being a fan doesn't always make sense, now does it? I think what it comes down to is that the fan experience is different for different people. And with the Manning situation being so unique, it's not surprising to me that people plan to express themselves in different ways, ways that some of us don't understand.

I really don't see what's wrong with that.

It's simple, your wearing Colt's gear/jersey/hat etc, etc. The name on the jersey doesn't matter. The color and NFL logo on it does not a players name.

Manning did a lot for the city and a lot for the team. I respect Peyton enough to rock his Jersey but I respect myself enough to never wear a bronco Jersey. Its cool to root for your own team and to show respect to a person who funded a children's hospital in your city. The colts are even doing a Manning tribute before the game. I'm sure that Luck is mature enough to understand that the fans are going to root for him even while showing appreciation for Manning. Luck's team is doing exactly the same thing!