Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't let go...

tony1287

Being a fan doesn't always make sense, now does it? I think what it comes down to is that the fan experience is different for different people. And with the Manning situation being so unique, it's not surprising to me that people plan to express themselves in different ways, ways that some of us don't understand.

I really don't see what's wrong with that.

If you want your team to win you cheer for them, not another player on the opposing team just because we have a ton of great memories. The game isn't about what he did for us. We are playing the manning led broncos and trying to beat them, not reminiscing old memories

I respect Peyton he will always be one of my favorite players but the fans that buy his new broncos jersey then tell me they are a colts fan that's wat annoys me

And ik a lot of ppl will prolly tell me it don't bother luck and its prolly true but it's gotta suck seeing everyone wearing his jersey and putting you in the back seat

Ok so what happens when peyton throws a touchdown while you're wearing your blue manning jersey??? Do you boo him? Cheer him on while also wanting the colts to win? Please make it make sense for me somehow...

This jersey thing is really bothering you, isn't it?  

This isn't like the light and dark sides of the Force here.  I'm not going to be consumed by the Broncos by wearing a Manning Colts jersey.  That's just crazy talk.  

If I'm at the game, I'm not exhorting Peyton to another win and I'm not spending it caressing the 18 on my shirt.  I would hope that the all the other Colts fans around me are helping me urge the Colts into a sound butt-whipping of the Broncos instead of looking down on me for having the audacity to wear the only jersey I own to a game.  I have a lot of respect and admiration for what Manning has brought to the game and to the city, but when he takes the field, he's the opponent now.  Period.

No problem with that at all since we aren't playing against him

I don't think there's a problem with wearing a Manning jersey so long as it's a Colts Manning jersey. I bet niners fans would wear a Montana jersey back in the day if the chiefs came to town.

I am a Colts fan first and foremost.  I will be pulling for the Colts on Sunday.  With that said seeing bad things happen to Peyton Manning brings me no joy.  The man did a lot for this team and city and I hope he gets the standing ovation he deserves before the game starts.  Of course as soon as the game starts I am going to be behind the Colts.  Which will just mean I am not cheering for Peyton Manning.  I am not rooting against him I am pulling for my team if that makes sense. 

As for what fans wear to the game if they bought a ticket they have a right to wear whatever jersey they want and pull for whoever they would like. 

This jersey thing is really bothering you, isn't it?  

This isn't like the light and dark sides of the Force here.  I'm not going to be consumed by the Broncos by wearing a Manning Colts jersey.  That's just crazy talk.  

If I'm at the game, I'm not exhorting Peyton to another win and I'm not spending it caressing the 18 on my shirt.  I would hope that the all the other Colts fans around me are helping me urge the Colts into a sound butt-whipping of the Broncos instead of looking down on me for having the audacity to wear the only jersey I own to a game.  I have a lot of respect and admiration for what Manning has brought to the game and to the city, but when he takes the field, he's the opponent now.  Period.

I understand I just think it's weird to wear a peyton jersey if you're a colts fan and they're playing his team. Just not something a would do that's all

You seriously don't see the problem with wearing the opposing teams qb's jersey but rooting for your team??? He is a bronco for God's sake!!! This game isn't about what he did as s colt. He certainly won't let up on us when it comes to winning the game just because he played many years for us...

No I do not see a problem with it.. he will always be a colt and it's a *Colts* Jersey. When you buy it the money goes to the *colts*

Don't bring God into this.

I understand I just think it's weird to wear a peyton jersey if you're a colts fan and they're playing his team. Just not something a would do that's all

Enhance your calm, John Spartan.  You're worrying about this waaaaay more than Peyton is.  He's not sweatin' us at all.

You worried about who's supporting Manning?  Worry about the fans who'll stay quiet enough for him to run his offense.

If we played the Panthers here would you wear a Kuechly Jersey to the game??? Peyton doesn't care about us and I'm sure he wants us to lose every game so he looks better....That's what kills me about it...They act like he cares about them, he wants the Colts to go down in flames trust me...

Yea I guess I'll wear a Robert Quinn jersey to the colts game when the rams come to town this year. Gonna cheer for my team but I love Quinn too so it's a toss up... I was just saying it's weird to cheer for a previous player that's trying to beat our team that's all. Players come and go, it just so happens the one that went is one of the best all time. Once again, go colts... I've gladly moved on from peyton and luck has a lot to do with easing that transition. Insert mark sanchez instead and I might be agreeing...

It's different though.  Peyton is a unique player.  What he has done for Indy on and off the field is different.  He has made many connections with people in the community and has gotten to know many Indy citizens as friends.  What's wrong with cheering for a friend or someone who has done something to make your community better?  I'm not saying I hope Peyton wins; I'm cheering for the Colts.  But if people want to cheer for Peyton, I don't see the issue

Enhance your calm, John Spartan.  You're worrying about this waaaaay more than Peyton is.  He's not sweatin' us at all.

You worried about who's supporting Manning?  Worry about the fans who'll stay quiet enough for him to run his offense.

You obviously are since you'll be wearing his jersey

If we played the Panthers here would you wear a Kuechly Jersey to the game??? Peyton doesn't care about us and I'm sure he wants us to lose every game so he looks better....That's what kills me about it...They act like he cares about them, he wants the Colts to go down in flames trust me...

First of all, you don't know that. Secondly, hating the Colts and wishing for them to lose has nothing to do with his feeling for the city and the fans. Go ahead and root on your team and boo the broncos. That's what fans do. But what I don't understand is why so many people expend so much energy on trying to hype themselves and others up to hate Peyton. It's not like he demanded a trade, or even left for more money in free agency. He has done nothing to disrespect the organization, the city, or the fans, nor did he sign with a bitter rival (a la Brett Favre). I just don't get it.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 19, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, October 19, 2013 - inflammatory

I hope Robert Mathis blindsides him and puts him out for the year.....See how good they are with Brock Osweiler running the show...You can't buy championships this ain't baseball!! Karma is a mother Elway...

It's different though.  Peyton is a unique player.  What he has done for Indy on and off the field is different.  He has made many connections with people in the community and has gotten to know many Indy citizens as friends.  What's wrong with cheering for a friend or someone who has done something to make your community better?  I'm not saying I hope Peyton wins; I'm cheering for the Colts.  But if people want to cheer for Peyton, I don't see the issue

It wouldn't be an issue if we weren't playing him in a huge game we need to win. When he isn't playing the colts I do cheer for him. Just didn't see why I should wear a peyton jersey since he is not our qb anymore and is trying to kick our butts

First of all, you don't know that. Secondly, hating the Colts and wishing for them to lose has nothing to do with his feeling for the city and the fans. Go ahead and root on your team and boo the broncos. That's what fans do. But what I don't understand is why so many people expend so much energy on trying to hype themselves and others up to hate Peyton. It's not like he demanded a trade, or even left for more money in free agency. He has done nothing to disrespect the organization, the city, or the fans, nor did he sign with a bitter rival (a la Brett Favre). I just don't get it.

Nobody hates peyton around colts nation so where did that come from?? This game is not about what he did as a colt. Those times are done. Yes he will forever be a colt in my eyes too but he won't be a colt on sunday

Enhance your calm, John Spartan. You're worrying about this waaaaay more than Peyton is. He's not sweatin' us at all.

You worried about who's supporting Manning? Worry about the fans who'll stay quiet enough for him to run his offense.

Yeah Simon Phoenix, whats your boggle?

I really appreciate everything that Peyton did for the organization and city. But as long as we see THE face that we all know and love walking off to the sidelines multiple times, especially after the last gun:

5196977899_68d3c1ff0b_z.jpg

9pnibo.jpg

7815073598_469143123f.jpg

I don't give a rat's behind what jersey anyone is wearing at the game.

Personally, I am going to the game naked.

Oh wait.....thats right....I live in Oregon. Dang. Well....it should be lively in my front room!

I will bet there will be many in attendance that will be sportin PM jerseys, but clapping for the Colts to win. I have absolutely zero issues with Colt fans retaining their love for Peyton. I am one of those fans. I do have issues with fans reminding fans here about what a mistake it was letting him go. We get it. Its just that being sad over the dismissal of PM, ruins the fun of rooting for the now and for the future.

I am a big fan of fun.

Peyton Manning don't give a crap about any of you people, he wants to bury the Colts...He is a Bronco, he wants us to lose every game..I'm sure he hates Irsay too....Get over it, he is gone, he will be out of the league in a few years and I'd be all for bringing him back into the Colts organization, but I'm not sure he will at this point it's getting to bitter...Bottom line is he is almost done, Luck is the future and will bring us more than 1 Super Bowl especially when they change the offense to a real NFL offense again after this experiment..

Peyton Manning don't give a crap about any of you people, he wants to bury the Colts...He is a Bronco, he wants us to lose every game..I'm sure he hates Irsay too....Get over it, he is gone, he will be out of the league in a few years and I'd be all for bringing him back into the Colts organization, but I'm not sure he will at this point it's getting to bitter...Bottom line is he is almost done, Luck is the future and will bring us more than 1 Super Bowl especially when they change the offense to a real NFL offense again after this experiment..

some great qbs never got one superbowl win.

I really appreciate everything that Peyton did for the organization and city. But as long as we see THE face that we all know and love walking off to the sidelines multiple times, especially after the last gun:

5196977899_68d3c1ff0b_z.jpg

9pnibo.jpg

7815073598_469143123f.jpg

I don't give a rat's behind what jersey anyone is wearing at the game.

That is the POST of the day and maybe the year!!!

Personally, I am going to the game naked.

Oh wait.....thats right....I live in Oregon. Dang. Well....it should be lively in my front room!

I will bet there will be many in attendance that will be sportin PM jerseys, but clapping for the Colts to win. I have absolutely zero issues with Colt fans retaining their love for Peyton. I am one of those fans. I do have issues with fans reminding fans here about what a mistake it was letting him go. We get it. Its just that being sad over the dismissal of PM, ruins the fun of rooting for the now and for the future.

I am a big fan of fun.

Well looks like I'll be the only one sporting that look at the game..... lmao

I hope he Mathis blindsides him and puts him out for the year.....See how good they are with Brock Osweiler running the show...You can't buy championships this ain't baseball!! Karma is a mother Elway...

WOW!! I have officially read it all. Rooting for any player to be injured for a year is disgusting but rooting for your former HOF QB to be injured for a year after the time, effort and work he put into coming back is a disgrace! BUY CHAMPIONSHIPS?? You mean because Elway is "paying" Peyton to play QB for his team just like the Colts paid Peyton or just like any other team PAYS their QB in the league? Or just like any other position for that matter is paid? KARMA? You want to bring up KARMA after a post like that? I'd worry about your own KARMA after reading your thoughts. As your signature so eloquently states FOOLS.....I pity them!

I hope he Mathis blindsides him and puts him out for the year.....See how good they are with Brock Osweiler running the show...You can't buy championships this ain't baseball!! Karma is a mother Elway...

You honestly want your fellow man to get hurt over a game? Do you have a life? This is not a personal shot, but yes that does make you a terrible person. A good person doesn't wish harm on innocent people. You my friend need to take a step back and realize that football is not important. The world would still go on spinning in orbit without it. If you are harboring those kinds of feelings over a trivial game, then you need to reevaluatee what is really important in life.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

(3) Personal attacks are not Allowed. While you may argue about the football-related actions, decisions or comments of an individual, you may not attack the individuals themselves. The Ownership, Coaching, Players, Staff and all members should be afforded the same respect as one another. Threads with the intention to "call out" another member or question their "fanhood" are not allowed.

Closing this thread.

Nobody hates peyton around colts nation so where did that come from?? This game is not about what he did as a colt. Those times are done. Yes he will forever be a colt in my eyes too but he won't be a colt on sunday

It's kinda obvious that some people (jshipp) do. I am not advocating that any Colt fan cheer him on against the Colts. But getting mad at people for wearing his jersey is just silly. Different strokes for different folks. It doesn't bother me. It wouldn't bother me if Colts fans wear Austin Collie Colts Jerseys next time the Pats play in Indy.