Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That's why he's the GOAT!

Snowglobe

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive drive - he looked like an all pro.

Of course where was he the other 58 1/2 minutes? 195 yards, O TDs, and a God awful interception that by all rights should have cost them the game.

Wonder if anyone is yelling at the Saints DB that intentionally threw the NE WR out of bounds to stop the clock.

Congratulations for exposing just how mediocre our defense is.

Time to come down to earth again and realize we're not made of gold.

You guys were not meant to win this game and you already know it. ;)

But, you have the division anyway since Carolina just seems to flip a coin in terms of what weeks they show up in.

It was a great play you can't take that away from New England. They never should have been in the position to win, but the defense failed miserably when needed most. Too bad no fans were there to see it, muwahaha.

Brady did what he always does. 32 fourth quarter comebacks. I was more happy to see Thompkins made that catch. Should help his confidence. Dobson had a nice game too.

Did anyone see Collie make that play at the end? I wished he played more. So happy to see him out there after all he has been through.

It was a great play you can't take that away from New England. They never should have been in the position to win, but the defense failed miserably when needed most. Too bad no fans were there to see it, muwahaha.

I'm not knocking them for beating us, but our defense was getting so much praise and turning heads everywhere. They need to come back down to Earth anyway.

Roman Harper is still on the team. They'll never be a top 10 defense with him on a roster.

Brady did what he always does. 32 fourth quarter comebacks. I was more happy to see Thompkins made that catch. Should help his confidence. Dobson had a nice game too.

Did anyone see Collie make that play at the end? I wished he played more. So happy to see him out there after all he has been through.

Glad to see Collie, but I cringe when he takes a hit.

I'm not knocking them for beating us, but our defense was getting so much praise and turning heads everywhere. They need to come back down to Earth anyway.

Roman Harper is still on the team. They'll never be a top 10 defense with him on a roster.

At least you lost in NE where not a lot of teams win.

We lost AT HOME to the freaking Dolphins. And next weekend we have the biggest sports frenzy of the year to look forward to after we go to SD and play vs. Big Head Rivers.

I'll take the credit as the only one.

I can't say that I was too happy about it either.

If there was ever a game where I wanted both teams to lose, this would be it. However when all else fails, I'll usually settle for rooting against Brady. The sick part is that I very nearly found myself feeling sorry for him after the interception (two successive losses with under 200 yards and no TDs). I should have known better.

I assume that your fans will also be irritated with the play calling on the Saints final drive. You HAVE to get that first down - not enough to just worry about killing the clock when on your own side of the field with well over 2 minutes remaining.

Except in Super Bowls... and against the Giants lately.

If there was ever a game where I wanted both teams to lose, this would be it. However when all else fails, I'll usually settle for rooting against Brady. The sick part is that I very nearly found myself feeling sorry for him after the interception (two successive losses with under 200 yards and no TDs). I should have known better.

I assume that your fans will also be irritated with the play calling on the Saints final drive. You HAVE to get that first down - not enough to just worry about killing the clock when on your own side of the field with well over 2 minutes remaining.

I totally agree with you on all points, but our fans aren't really worried about the first down. They are kicking and screaming about the refs and throwing our coach and QB under the bus. There's a reason I rather hang out here than their forums.

5-1 is better than starting 2-4 like last season. This was a tough loss but it don't worry me that bad. They need to learn from their mistakes. When we dropped a few in 2011 it sent a message. Hopefully that happens too this time around.

So much for the strong Saints defense,,,

Improved? Over last year? Certainly

Good...Not yet

I think they are better. I mean they could only go up from last years circus on defense.

But, I think they could still have some struggles....especially outside the dome.

I am curious to see how they do vs. SF this year too. It's in NO and they have had issues with that team. This may not be popular but I still think SF could be the best in the NFC again when all is said and done. They had a tough start to the year playing GB/at Seattle/hosting the Colts. That's a tough 3 game stretch for ANYONE.

Head up Bogie. The Saints still have a significant lead in the NFC South. The Patriots really should have lost this game. Definitely a little luck involved.

Except in Super Bowls... and against the Giants lately.

Can you just let that die? In both SB's he gave his team the lead in the 4th quarter only to watch Eli march back down. It's kind of ironic because Peyton gave his team the lead in the 4th many times in the playoffs only to watch it slip away. The irony blows my mind sometimes.

Head up Bogie. The Saints still have a significant lead in the NFC South. The Patriots really should have lost this game. Definitely a little luck involved.

Shame I'm out of Like's today, or I'd share one with this post.

We've got the South, as long as Atlanta continues to choke and the Panthers go hot and cold every week. Carolina could really challenge us if they wanted to. Newton has had some big moments against our D but it's rare.

He's a great quarterback.  No one will ever agree on a who the greatest of all time is. 

Unless Luck wins 5 SB's with 4 or 5 MVP's mixed in while leading all time on 4th quarter game winning drives, QBR, wins, winning percentage and others. No way he gets the counting stats though that other QB's have accumulated. 

Good post MAC. I was thinking the same thing. Brees should have thrown on that third 8. To leave Brady a third chance to win the game was one too many. I have always said this but teams that take risks are usually rewarded whereas tepid teams usually lose. Not sure if you saw the end of the Penn State/Michigan game last night. It was a doosy but Penn State had a fourth and one in OT and could have kicked a FG to send it to another OT but they went for it from the 12 and picked it up and eventually scored the winning TD. It was something to watch. I always like the risk takers. And I can live with the consequences. I liked the fact that Bill had Tom go for it on fourth and 6 from the 25 with three minutes to go even though they did not convert.

Unless Luck wins 5 SB's with 4 or 5 MVP's mixed in while leading all time on 4th quarter game winning drives, QBR, wins, winning percentage and others. No way he gets the counting stats though that other QB's have accumulated. 

Oh please.

How easy is THAT!! :)

Hah, yeah.  And honestly, i'ts kinda comical how people get so caught up in the debate.  I do it myself from time to time.  It really doesn't matter and for guys like Brady, Manning, Montana, they all couldn't care less.  It's cool enough that you're even considered in the conversation.  The only guy that really publicly cares is Michael Jordan, and look how silly he's looked over the years regarding Lebron James.  He chips away at his own legend every time he criticizes Lebron.  Even Eric Dickerson was admirable about it, basically saying, "Yeah, no one wants to lose such a gigantic record, but if it is broken, I'd be proud, and there's no better guy [AP] to hold the record."

LOL  checked a couple posts on the pats board after Brady's int.

"might as well punt the season"

best one was  "Biggest problem on this offense is #12"

oh and this one "Tom Brady is currently one of the worst deep threat QBs in the NFL."

hmm..sounds familiar :)  

Austin Collie will see more playing time starting next week...

We are not sure if Amendola is going to play next week, he may be suffering from a concussion, that hit was vicious. 

Austin is a baller. If his body was as big as his heart he would be a hall of famer