Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

chapman and hughes

CR91

Chapman has played quite a bit and I would say the run defense is much better when he's on the field.  Montori Hughes has been inactive every game so far.

I will say I didn't think Chapman played much Sunday but I realized I was wrong last night when I rewatched the game.  It's usually pretty easy to tell Franklin from Chapman without seeing their number because Franklin wears half-sleeves and Chapman does not.  However in the Seahawks game, Chapman wore the same white half-sleeves so it was more difficult to tell him from Franklin.  Chapman was on the field quite a bit though and for the most part played well.

Ive only been able to see two games :( and I cant seem to find chapman

not trying to single you out but I dont get it.  See posts more often than you think that say "I didnt see the game", "I just look at the stats", "didnt have a chance to watch it", "Ive only been able to see two games...".   I had my son's bday party and another kid's bday party one week this year and still watched the game on my phone using my father-in-laws directv login... just seems weird to me that someone can be obsessed with the colts to the point of getting on their fan forum almost everyday but then miss most of the games...

not trying to single you out but I dont get it.  See posts more often than you think that say "I didnt see the game", "I just look at the stats", "didnt have a chance to watch it", "Ive only been able to see two games...".   I had my son's bday party and another kid's bday party one week this year and still watched the game on my phone using my father-in-laws directv login... just seems weird to me that someone can be obsessed with the colts to the point of getting on their fan forum almost everyday but then miss most of the games...

I live in jersey so Im limited to the games I can watch, but when they are on you better believe im screaming my lungs off

I would have told my son his party doesn't start till 4pm and blew off the other party lol

Is it just me or have they not played

Just you. Chapman has been a beast in the middle stopping the run. Franklin has actual been looking good also. Earlier in the year I didn't think he looked good, especially stopping the run. That has changed though, looking much better.

I would have told my son his party doesn't start till 4pm and blew off the other party lol

i hear ya lol.   it was a 4:00 colts game that week so we rented a kids place from 11-2 :)

my wife threw a curve ball at me though with the other kid's party but her father bailed me out with 

Thank you Manning brothers!

2 years ago I had neck surgery 2 days before a colts game.  On top of that, it also fell on my boy's birthday weekend.  We had a carnival outside and set up games and gave out tickets for prizes.  I sat inside poppin pain killers and watched the colts game.  I (like a lot of you guys) absolutely will not miss a single minute of any Colts game   :rock:  :banana:  :36dancing:

Is there only 1 bar with 1 TV in driving distance? Because any bar with enough TVs will happily put your game on.

I'm just trying to help you out here. I know how I'd feel if I had to miss Colts games.

I know your just trying to help and I apperciate it, but Ive tried to figure out how to watch colts games. atleast I can watch our boys for next three weeks :thmup:

Ive only been able to see two games :( and I cant seem to find chapman

i would start by looking at the dline.  that is where he plays.  it is pretty easy to check who is in on any given play

also, you not noticing him is usually a good thing

game pass, firstrownow.eu, sky sports tv.... where there is a will there is a way 

I appericate that thank you, but please next time if you wanna send me a link do it in a PM. sending links like that is banned on this forum

I appericate that thank you, but please next time if you wanna send me a link do it in a PM. sending links like that is banned on this forum

Just a heads up, posting streaming links is a big no no here. Be best to edit the firstrow link out n just PM him it haha.

Ah right cheers for that didn't know. Won't let me edit it though

I surprised Hughes has not played or been active considering they gave up a pick in this coming years draft to move up in to the 5th round to get him and this guy is huge he was 330lb when he was drafted listed as 6ft 4in and now he's listed as 349lbs so why are they not using him but I bet he will get playing time if Franklin or chapman get hurt.

I changed my Reserve Unit's battle assembly drill schedule to accomodate home games and set up a "wreck room" with TVs and couches so the Soldiers could take breaks and check in on their favorite football teams during training.

Oh and I also dismissed everyone early superbowl sunday so they could get to their game parties in a safe manner.... You know its all about safety these days!

I surprised Hughes has not played or been active considering they gave up a pick in this coming years draft to move up in to the 5th round to get him and this guy is huge he was 330lb when he was drafted listed as 6ft 4in and now he's listed as 349lbs so why are they not using him but I bet he will get playing time if Franklin or chapman get hurt.

This brings up a good point -- what do the coaches see that prevents them from putting this kid on the field in the role they drafted him for. I Remember them making quite a big deal about his athleticsm when they picked him. Why not play him?

This brings up a good point -- what do the coaches see that prevents them from putting this kid on the field in the role they drafted him for. I Remember them making quite a big deal about his athleticsm when they picked him. Why not play him?

Right if their not going to do anything see if another team is willing to trade for him for a mid to late round pick in next years draft.

Just you. Chapman has been a beast in the middle stopping the run. Franklin has actual been looking good also. Earlier in the year I didn't think he looked good, especially stopping the run. That has changed though, looking much better.

one thing I've noticed about chapman, if they are running to his left, he gets a piece of them but they can roll around him a bit but he gets contact and is disruptive.  if he gets someone head-on or slightly to his right, he is the GWOC (great wall of china).  It might have more to do with the 3 4 defense and how they draw up who helps who, not sure.

one thing I've noticed about chapman, if they are running to his left, he gets a piece of them but they can roll around him a bit but he gets contact and is disruptive. if he gets someone head-on or slightly to his right, he is the GWOC (great wall of china). It might have more to do with the 3 4 defense and how they draw up who helps who, not sure.

I noticed a few games back as soon as they popped chapman in the run came to a screeching halt. To his defense Franklin has been playing much much better also. It's more the outside stuff we give up from out olb or de crashing up. We seem to adjust and stop it though. Chapman is an unsung hero. Doesn't get the #'s but watch him when them put him in. Btw, wish he would of kept the 61.

Hughes does not play at all...he has never been active...he just sits on the roster and occupies space.

A LOT of space

I feel he just doesn't get the defense yet, he's still learning.  He is a rookie after all.  This excites me since if it was physical tools they were wrong about they would probably get rid of him.  I think we don't NEED him now so he is learning and might play a bigger role later in the season or next year...

Right if their not going to do anything see if another team is willing to trade for him for a mid to late round pick in next years draft.

We're only 5 games in to the guy's first season in the NFL.  He was a 5th round pick.  If they're still keeping him around then obviously they DO have plans for him.  If they didn't think he could turn into anything then I'm sure they wouldn't waste a roster spot on him.  Look at Kerwynn Williams.  They apparently didn't see anything positive in him or didn't feel that he would fit into their plans so they released him so as not to waste a spot on the practice squad.  They definitely wouldn't waste a roster spot on the 53 man roster if they didn't think he had potential.  Some players (ie. mid to late round picks) generally need some time to be developed before they make a contribution on the field.