Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something about the Colts...

bap1331

That nobody likes...

1. We make the Super Bowl...still no bandwagon fans...

2. Had arguably the best quarterback of all time for 13 years, Tom Brady has and always will be better.

3. Beat the 49ers this year, (checks power rankings) and the 49ers are still better because they didn't show up that game...

4. Andrew Luck has an incredible 11-5 season as a rookie...oh, its just because we had an easy schedule...

5. Beats an undefeated 2nd best team in the NFL. (*Anchorman*) Check out the game of the week Broncos vs. Cowboys!!!!!

What happens after? Peyton Manning goes to the Broncos and now Peyton is the best quarterback of all time! Something about us that everyone hates...what is it?

Not complaining...just a food for thought

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hate. Indifference. Indianapolis is a flyover zone and a small market. Nobody in national media wants to report on the goings on in Indiana, when much bigger markets have stories. When Dallas plays close, its.always game of the week. Denver has a large following, and my mortal foe Elway makes great drama. East coast teams have huge followings, so they get more attention.

Its always going to be like that. Indianapolis just doesnt matter enough for national media to care.

We are a smaller market team... and our QB doesn't wear festive socks.. We are young, so ESPN hasn't found the best way to market us yet... As soon as another AFC South team gets a decent QB to rival Andrew (preferably for ESPN, one that has a hot shot attitude) we will get some media love... Our story from last season should have made us media darlings, but hey.... who cares?

That Cowboys Broncos game was a 100% true BARN  :HFire:  BURNER. I don't think many thunk (redneck) that them boyz were capable of riding the bronc's....but ride indeeed they did but they just got bucked right at the end by the passing hillbilly feeding the wrong bronc.

I hope that after week 7 us Colts fans are on the giving side of this: ----> :deadhorse:

OP's post could be an Internet meme...so much of it is true. We only got recognition after Manning a big time QB while here as a Colt. I am fine with flying under the radar. Let them all be "haters." Let them all doubt us. I was a Colts fan before and after Manning.

But I will say, this season has been great so far. Just like last year when no one expected us to do anything (and we went 11-5), we were supposed to take that dreaded "step back" to 8-8 or 9-7 at best by most. Now we are 4-1 with wins over the consensus top two teams in the NFC (Yes Packers, I know, but you better show something after this week).

I feel that this team, when healthy as it can be, is a legit SB contender. Because for once, we have a D that can stop teams when it counts. We have an offense that isn't entirely predicated on a big game and just holding on...we can do a bit of everything. And that leaves old Colts fans confused....I don't mean old in age, I mean the Manning fans that think we would suck after he left us.

That is all from me. I see a Super Bowl in our near future. Maybe not this year but it will come soon.

Lets not forget a few pieces:

-The Colts beat a Seattle team riddled with injuries because well you know the Colts are completely 100% healthy.

-Andrew Luck doesn't have 5900 yards passing with 57 TDs. Is Pep Hamilton on the hot seat!?!?!?

-Jacksonville is a terrible team. The Colts should of won 62 to -3. Letting Jacksonville get a field goal screams that this defense is in deep trouble.

-Peyton Manning is liting it up, Colts made a huge mistake in letting him go (Skip Bayless).

Guest TeamLoloJones

That nobody likes...

1. We make the Super Bowl...still no bandwagon fans...

2. Had arguably the best quarterback of all time for 13 years, Tom Brady has and always will be better.

3. Beat the 49ers this year, (checks power rankings) and the 49ers are still better because they didn't show up that game...

4. Andrew Luck has an incredible 11-5 season as a rookie...oh, its just because we had an easy schedule...

5. Beats an undefeated 2nd best team in the NFL. (*Anchorman*) Check out the game of the week Broncos vs. Cowboys!!!!!

What happens after? Peyton Manning goes to the Broncos and now Peyton is the best quarterback of all time! Something about us that everyone hates...what is it?

Not complaining...just a food for thought

If we were the New York Football Colts we would already be proclaimed as the greatest team in the history of sports...

-The Colts beat a Seattle team riddled with injuries because well you know the Colts are completely 100% healthy.

-Andrew Luck doesn't have 5900 yards passing with 57 TDs. Is Pep Hamilton on the hot seat!?!?!?

-Jacksonville is a terrible team. The Colts should of won 62 to -3. Letting Jacksonville get a field goal screams that this defense is in deep trouble.

-Peyton Manning is liting it up, Colts made a huge mistake in letting him go (Skip Bayless).

So True. LOL

Good. Let the goober east coast sports media marvel at what a pile of stinking poo the NFC East is.....or maybe they will gush over Belichick's mumbling press conferences and declare him a genius once again. Riveting stuff

I saw Skip Bayless pontificate about this endlessly today. He doesn't seem to grasp our salary cap limitations or what they would have had Manning remained INDY's roster. Superman has a firm grasp of this reality. He also doesn't seem to comprehend Luck IQ & health longterm for the next 10-15 years either. I usually defend Skip, but he makes my blood boil the way he disrespects Andrew Luck. Grr! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8nPurbeZTk

Guest TeamLoloJones

I saw Skip Bayless pontificate about this endlessly today. He doesn't seem to grasp our salary cap limitations or what they would have had Manning remained INDY's roster. Superman has a firm grasp of this reality. He also doesn't seem to comprehend Luck IQ & health longterm for the next 10-15 years either. I usually defend Skip, but he makes my blood boil the way he disrespects Andrew Luck. Grr! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8nPurbeZTk

Skip would take Tebow over Luck...so I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Eternally under the radar.

I'm good with it.

Always gives the HC the 'nobody respects us' card to play.

Bandwagon fans? They all came, and many went, with Peyton.

It's hard to be distracted by the Natl media when we can't get any love or glowing headlines outside of INDY. Tushay buccolts. LOL! I get your point though. Stealth mode is fun to surprise teams with so there is a distinct advantage to be ignored I guess. No one sees the storm coming til it's too late. 

At this point Skip doesn't even believe his own nonsense. The guy is a clown and people can see his contrived arguments from a mile away.

Skip would take Tebow over Luck...so I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Yes, Skip indeed would TLJ. I usually find him amusing until he says something so crazy that I'm more than willing to put a straight jacket on him across from a nice padded room. Normally, I let stuff go unless a person goes out of their way to slam my team, my QB, my favorite NFL organization & they take pleasure twisting the knife in my franchise's back.

Plus, Skip has a huge platform on ESPN & he needs to exercise better objectivity sometimes. At least, I can admit that SW1 hates the Dallas Cowboys & I never run from it either. 

Nobody made Bob McNair stick by Matt Schaub and not go after Peyton Manning.

Even if he wanted to come here (which I don't think he did) there was no way we could have come close to the amount of guaranteed money that the Broncos gave him.

Last season the Colts were a good team because Chuck was sick and the team rallied around him and played over their head. We all remember that, right? Well no team can go through all that emotional stuff and not have a slump. Right? At the start of this season when the schedule came out all the so called experts said the Colts would be no better than 3-2 with losses to the 49ers and the Seahawks. We did burp in the Miami game just to find out they are a lot better than the so called experts thought they were. There are a few so called experts that have finally taking a closer look at the Colts. On my own personal level I couldn't care less what the so called experts say or think. There are a few right in here in this Colts forum that are more observant that the so called experts. No one including me can see into the future and say exactly how this will all play out but I have a feeling this team will get their just due attention before it's all said and done. 

Nobody made Bob McNair stick by Matt Schaub and not go after Peyton Manning.

I can't argue that salient point one bit BOTT. Don't be too harsh on Texans fans, nobody knew Matt Schaub was gonna be Mark Sanchez 2.0 uniting an entire city to tar & feather him. God, I feel so sorry for JJ Watt. He doesn't deserve such a interception prone QB. Schaub is done in Houston. Book it. 

At this point Skip doesn't even believe his own *. The guy is a clown and people can see his contrived arguments from a mile away.

I don't know. Sometimes, he believes his own rants. Stephen A. Smith is the straight man & Skip Bayless is the bafoon. Skip is like Howard Stern without the sexual innuendo or swear words, but you still watch him for that rare moment of clarity. Sometimes, the traveling circus says something really profound. It's elusive & remote, but it does happen occasionally. 

I can't argue that salient point one bit BOTT. Don't be too harsh on Texans fans, nobody knew Matt Schaub was gonna be Mark Sanchez 2.0 uniting an entire city to tar & feather him. God, I feel so sorry for JJ Watt. He doesn't deserve such a interception prone QB. Schaub is done in Houston. Book it. 

Once again, no way we could have came up with the guaranteed money to pay Manning like the Broncos did. Also, they have Elway, former HOF QB, we have Rick Smith. They have John Fox the defensive minded HC, we have Kubiak the offensive control freak. No way he was coming here.

Once again, no way we could have came up with the guaranteed money to pay Manning like the Broncos did. Also, they have Elway, former HOF QB, we have Rick Smith. They have John Fox the defensive minded HC, we have Kubiak the offensive control freak. No way he was coming here.

All of this. Anyone who thinks Houston was a landing spot for Manning is a grade A fool who doesnt understand how salary caps work.

On topic though, welocme to national media. The big market teams have... *gasp* big markets, which makes them easy pickings for national media ratings. The Colts will always be a side story as long as they reside in one of the biggest flyover zones in the country.

Even if he wanted to come here (which I don't think he did) there was no way we could have come close to the amount of guaranteed money that the Broncos gave him.

True, plus I doubt that 18 would have remained in the AFC South out of respect for Jim Irsay. Besides, Manning wanted a fresh start & he always had a man crush on John Elway though I have no proof of this theory. 

True, plus I doubt that 18 would have remained in the AFC South out of respect for Jim Irsay. Besides, Manning wanted a fresh start & he always had a man crush on John Elway though I have no proof of this theory. 

I guess 2 horse faces are drawn to each other?   haha

I don't know. Wade Phillips is 1 hades of a DC. I think Peyton might have visited Houston for a stroll on team facility grounds if he asked Manning to do so. Yes, HC John Fox appealed to him no doubt, but Wade is no slouch in this league either & Peyton knows that. 

Besides, if you want a HOF QB bad enough, you find the money. All these owners are billionaires anyway. A weak argument if you ask me personally. 

I don't know. Wade Phillips is 1 hades of a DC. I think Peyton might have visited Houston for a stroll on team facility grounds if he asked Manning to do so. Yes, HC John Fox appealed to him no doubt, but Wade is no slouch in this league either & Peyton knows that. 

I was referring to the fact that Fox as a defensive type of coach would let Peyton run free with the offense while Kubiak would want to script plays and have him follow the plan. Kubiak was never the "field general" as a player and so he tries to be one, only as a HC instead.

Besides, if you want a HOF QB bad enough, you find the money. All these owners are billionaires anyway. A weak argument if you ask me personally.

^implying salary caps dont exist

Doesnt matter how much money the owner has. It matters how much the league allows them to spend. The Texans didnt have enough room to land Manning.

All of this. Anyone who thinks Houston was a landing spot for Manning is a grade A fool who doesnt understand how salary caps work.

On topic though, welocme to national media. The big market teams have... *gasp* big markets, which makes them easy pickings for national media ratings. The Colts will always be a side story as long as they reside in one of the biggest flyover zones in the country.

I'm sure Manning was aware of their salary cap situation, yet he was still interested.

If Kubiak couldn't have found a way to work with Manning he is a total boob.

The only reason I want the team to get attention from media, is so I have something to read about the Colts. But I also like being the less talked about team in relation to the teams abilities.

Disrespect or lack of respect?  I think the Colts have had a significant portion of league respect and attention since 1999. Only the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Saints and Packers had had as much or more attention over that span. (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone)

I was referring to the fact that Fox as a defensive type of coach would let Peyton run free with the offense while Kubiak would want to script plays and have him follow the plan. Kubiak was never the "field general" as a player and so he tries to be one, only as a HC instead.

I will admit that Kubiak doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to concede the entire offense over to 1 man on the field & that reluctance to surrender control to Manning also explains why Peyton is not in San Francisco under Jim Harbaugh either. Too rigid in their offense approaches IMO. A strong willed QB & a strong willed HC seldom mix well together. 

I will admit that Kubiak doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to concede the entire offense over to 1 man on the field & that reluctance to surrender control to Manning also explains why Peyton is not in San Francisco under Jim Harbaugh either. Too rigid in their offense approaches IMO. A strong willed QB & a strong willed HC seldom mix well together. 

I can see that very clearly. Dungy was a strong willed HC but not in the sense of control. Manning was given pretty much a full range of his own offensive knowledge just like he has in Denver. I can't think of any other QB that has that type of control. Hopefully over time Luck will possess that type of mentality. 

^implying salary caps dont exist

Doesnt matter how much money the owner has. It matters how much the league allows them to spend. The Texans didnt have enough room to land Manning.

I am no salary cap wizard; SW1 will openly acknowledge that. Math was my worst subject in school & sadly that reality has not changed, but Paul Allen, Seahawks owner & co-founder of Microsoft in Silicon Valley, is worth $15.8 billion. NFL limitations or not: Money=Power & influence. What's a fine to a multi-billionaire? Pocket change. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2013/09/trail_blazers_seahawks_owner_paul_allen_richest_ow.html

I will admit that Texans may have been cash strapped but the Seahawks weren't. Pete Carroll even even tried to woo Peyton Manning to the Pacific NW on the fly. 

I am no salary cap wizard; SW1 will openly acknowledge that. Math was my worst subject in school & sadly that reality has not changed, but Paul Allen, Seahawks owner & co-founder of Microsoft in Silicon Valley, is worth $15.8 billion. NFL limitations or not: Money=Power & influence. What's a fine to a multi-billionaire? Pocket change. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2013/09/trail_blazers_seahawks_owner_paul_allen_richest_ow.html

I will admit that Texans may have been cash strapped but the Seahawks weren't. Pete Carroll even even tried to woo Peyton Manning to the Pacific NW on the fly.

Not sure how the Texans could have been that cashed strapped when Manning was available. The only players making big money were Andre Johnson and Johnathan Joseph. Doesn't mean they weren't cash strapped, but seems odd they would have been.

Not sure how the Texans could have been that cashed strapped when Manning was available. The only players making big money were Andre Johnson and Johnathan Joseph. Doesn't mean they weren't cash strapped, but seems odd they would have been.

You could be right. DE Mario Williams was a high price tag too for Houston, but I can't remember what year he left for Buffalo off the top of my head either. He might have been gone by Peyton's free agency period.