Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something about the Colts...

bap1331

I can see that very clearly. Dungy was a strong willed HC but not in the sense of control. Manning was given pretty much a full range of his own offensive knowledge just like he has in Denver. I can't think of any other QB that has that type of control. Hopefully over time Luck will possess that type of mentality. 

Yeah, I will concede that Dungy wasn't a control freak & Peyton was a perfectionist by nature. Luck more or less ran the entire playbook at Stanford eventually & with Pep Hamilton now in INDY...As long as HC Pagano feels comfortable with the ball movement on offense, I could see the same laid back/perfectionist HC/QB relationship again CC1.

Kind of like Tom Moore & 18 working their magic again with new faces. The names change of course, but the results remain the same in INDY right?  ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanting national love is really like saying you want to be the popular kid in school and that is a dead end road.

It's the Beach Boys fault for wishing they all could be California girls when the mid west farmers girl was making them feel alright. That should have been good enough.

Wanting national love is really like saying you want to be the popular kid in school and that is a dead end road.

It's the Beach Boys fault for wishing they all could be California girls when the mid west farmers girl was making them feel alright. That should have been good enough.

Good "California Girls" analogy there LockeDown! But what rendition do you like better? The Beach Boys or David Lee Roth's version of the same song? LOL! Just Kidding! 

I like both versions, but I saw DLR do this number LIVE on stage in 1991 with attractive backup singers wearing next to nothing & I can't picture the Beach Boys doing that so Diamond Dave wins by a landslide in this head to head competition. Just my 2 cents.  haha

Last season the Colts were a good team because Chuck was sick and the team rallied around him and played over their head. We all remember that, right? Well no team can go through all that emotional stuff and not have a slump. Right? At the start of this season when the schedule came out all the so called experts said the Colts would be no better than 3-2 with losses to the 49ers and the Seahawks. We did burp in the Miami game just to find out they are a lot better than the so called experts thought they were. There are a few so called experts that have finally taking a closer look at the Colts. On my own personal level I couldn't care less what the so called experts say or think. There are a few right in here in this Colts forum that are more observant that the so called experts. No one including me can see into the future and say exactly how this will all play out but I have a feeling this team will get their just due attention before it's all said and done. 

Who are these "so called experts?"

Deon sanders still hates us to. On nfl am they asked him were we the second best team in afc next to denver and he said no but wouldn't say who was number 2.

As comedian Rodney Dangerfield would say, Deion gives us "no respect." That's okay. I'm not the leader of his fan club either. Well, we can agree on 1 thing: Mutual disrespect. It's like your best friend. You know who has your back & who doesn't: enough said. 

As comedian Rodney Dangerfield would say, Deion gives us "no respect." That's okay. I'm not the leader of his fan club either. Well, we can agree on 1 thing: Mutual disrespect. It's like your best friend. You know who has your back & who doesn't: enough said. 

Maybe Deon is still butthurt at the Colts and has been since Hunter Smith not only caught him but body slammed him hard enough to make him lose his lunch? All after saying that no punter could tackle him once he makes eye contact with him.   :dunno:  haha

Are you really serious?  NFL network, ESPN, CBS sports, and Sporting News are the ones I had in mind with my comment. I will not break down every single analysts on those shows or websites for you. 

I was just humored by how many times you said "so called experts."  I just wanted to say it one more time. 

Maybe Deon is still butthurt at the Colts and has been since Hunter Smith not only caught him but body slammed him hard enough to make him lose his lunch? All after saying that no punter could tackle him once he makes eye contact with him.   :dunno:  haha

What irritates me about Deion Sanders is that he always loves to talk about playing through injuries & when he had foot injuries late in his NFL career that sidelined him those incidents never seem to get mentioned. Hmmm...

I do respect his 2 SB rings & 1 World Series Championship with the Atlanta Braves though. He still loves to hear himself speak though. Worst NFL HOF speech I have ever heard. God, it was just awful. 

What irritates me about Deion Sanders is that he always loves to talk about playing through injuries & when he had foot injuries late in his NFL career that sidelined him those incidents never seem to get mentioned. Hmmm...

I do respect his 2 SB rings & 1 World Series Championship with the Atlanta Braves though. He still loves to hear himself speak though. Worst NFL HOF speech I have ever heard. God, it was just awful. 

He was a great cover guy but never had the mental or physical attributes to make a tackle. I agree about the HOF speech for sure. When you bring up his baseball times I just can't get the picture out of my mind of the home run that bounced off his noggin. If my memory is correct I think he played for the Reds when that happened. 

Let's not forget Sanders describing us as an ugly woman with too much make-up early in 2006, the year of our SB championship. 

Let's not forget Sanders describing us as an ugly woman with too much make-up early in 2006, the year of our SB championship. 

Yeah ruksak, I remember those remarks quite well. Then, when we win the SB in 2006, he acted like he had been in our corner since day 1 of that season...Kiss my caboose Deion! I would have said that right to his face on the air too. He slams us all year long & then showers us with praise when we win? Ah no, not on my watch man. Instead of handing out "Must Be The Money" tapes, can we hand "Mr. Primetime" a "Dude Looks Like A Lady" Aerosmith remake CD? 

I can't stop watching your Patrick Sponge Bob starfish belly shake avatar ruksak. It's like a toddler's mobile. I can't take my eyes off of it. Ha! Ha! 

Don't know how I missed that comment.  Pretty sexist

Wonder what the male equivalent would be

To put it in it's proper context; Deion was trying to describe our team as all finesse, saying we were "fake" and "made up" with a few shiny parts. Something to the effect of people thinking we're so pretty, but at the end of the night, when the make up comes off, we aren't so pretty anymore. 

i.e. A great regular season team that looks ugly in the playoffs. Some truth there, I suppose. Still, his comments seemed pretty far off considering the playoff run we had proceeding his description. 

As far as the male equivalent. Hair loss, impotence and physical weakness would be a few examples. Men are judged in our society by our strength and virility. Once either trait is seen as lacking, there's an underlying current that judges such a man as .....well less than a man. 

We are a smaller market team... and our QB doesn't wear festive socks.. We are young, so ESPN hasn't found the best way to market us yet... As soon as another AFC South team gets a decent QB to rival Andrew (preferably for ESPN, one that has a hot shot attitude) we will get some media love... Our story from last season should have made us media darlings, but hey.... who cares?

We might not have a rival in the AFC South, but if Luck vs. Tannehill becomes a perennial game, we could get some more attention at least during these matchups. 

Last season the Colts were a good team because Chuck was sick and the team rallied around him and played over their head. We all remember that, right? Well no team can go through all that emotional stuff and not have a slump. Right? At the start of this season when the schedule came out all the so called experts said the Colts would be no better than 3-2 with losses to the 49ers and the Seahawks. We did burp in the Miami game just to find out they are a lot better than the so called experts thought they were. There are a few so called experts that have finally taking a closer look at the Colts. On my own personal level I couldn't care less what the so called experts say or think. There are a few right in here in this Colts forum that are more observant that the so called experts. No one including me can see into the future and say exactly how this will all play out but I have a feeling this team will get their just due attention before it's all said and done. 

Don't forget these so called experts said the NFC West was the best division in the NFL.  I'm not saying that ours is the best, because it's not, but two more wins, one in Indy and the other on the road, and we own that division.  Just saying.

Small market team. . . But look guys that's ok. . . 

See this is what's great about the NFL, it doesn't matter what people think of us, the only thing that matters is our record at the end of the year.  

Sure it's nice to hear good things about our team, but just remember this isn't college football.  The media constantly under-rating our team doesn't affect our chances at the playoffs or a SB.  All that matters is the record at the end of the regular season.  

College football the media can literally * out of a national championship shot.  That isn't true here.  

The worst thing they can do is screw some players out of pro-bowls or awards.  (cough Andrew Luck Rookie of the Year award cough.)  Luck didn't do enough commercials to be the rookie of the year, he was too busy WINNING.  

To put it in it's proper context; Deion was trying to describe our team as all finesse, saying we were "fake" and "made up" with a few shiny parts. Something to the effect of people thinking we're so pretty, but at the end of the night, when the make up comes off, we aren't so pretty anymore. 

i.e. A great regular season team that looks ugly in the playoffs. Some truth there, I suppose. Still, his comments seemed pretty far off considering the playoff run we had proceeding his description. 

As far as the male equivalent. Hair loss, impotence and physical weakness would be a few examples. Men are judged in our society by our strength and virility. Once either trait is seen as lacking, there's an underlying current that judges such a man as .....well less than a man. 

Yeah I'd like to see the sponsor AND male fan fallout with an analogy based on the bolded

It's us against the world and I like it that way.  I've said it time after time - Irsay has learned from the past and will not make the same mistakes during the Luck era.  Grigson and Pagano are the right guys to make sure history doesn't repeat itself.  Assuming Luck stays healthy, when Luck's career is over, he won't match Peyton in the passing stats department, but Luck WILL retire with a much better playoff record AND he will retire with more SB rings than Manning.  Luck may even be in a position to match Peyton's number of regular season wins.

I love Peyton and want him to get another ring, but not at our expense.  If Peyton plays 4 more years and faces Indy in the playoffs every year, then he can retire with only one ring for all I care.  I'm a Colts fan first and I'm thrilled how this team has come together and the GM and coaches have changed the organization's mindset of how to win.  If you want to be in a position to win multiple SB titles during a generation, you must have a complete team.  Peyton would have multiple rings if this was the Colts mindset 10+ years ago.

Maybe Deon is still butthurt at the Colts and has been since Hunter Smith not only caught him but body slammed him hard enough to make him lose his lunch? All after saying that no punter could tackle him once he makes eye contact with him. :dunno:haha

I was not aware of this, nor of the fact that Deion seems to hate us. I must see footage of this body slam.

The only reason I want the team to get attention from media, is so I have something to read about the Colts. But I also like being the less talked about team in relation to the teams abilities.

Disrespect or lack of respect?  I think the Colts have had a significant portion of league respect and attention since 1999. Only the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Saints and Packers had had as much or more attention over that span. (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone)

I agree with all of this. I'm fine with being over-looked by such bastions of society as the National media.

One of the more entertaining threads of the summer was the Colts day 1 of TC. All the complaints were about how ESPN & NFLN was showing a handful of teams practices ALL DAY, and nary a mention of the Colts. It was DAY ONE. It wasn't even a full blown practice, just a walk through day. Nothing to report unless someone were to fall off the scale and go to IR.

Pre www it was extremely difficult to follow an out of town team. Now, there's much more information available.

Just waiting for ColtsNetwork, and I'll be set.    :)

That nobody likes...

1. We make the Super Bowl...still no bandwagon fans...

2. Had arguably the best quarterback of all time for 13 years, Tom Brady has and always will be better.

3. Beat the 49ers this year, (checks power rankings) and the 49ers are still better because they didn't show up that game...

4. Andrew Luck has an incredible 11-5 season as a rookie...oh, its just because we had an easy schedule...

5. Beats an undefeated 2nd best team in the NFL. (*Anchorman*) Check out the game of the week Broncos vs. Cowboys!!!!!

What happens after? Peyton Manning goes to the Broncos and now Peyton is the best quarterback of all time! Something about us that everyone hates...what is it?

Not complaining...just a food for thought

When I see a post/thread from you I can count on it being unusual, off target, & woe are the Colts themed.  Thanks for not disappointing.

1. Don't have a clue what you mean.

2. Those that think Brady is better have a point.  Those that think Manning is better have a point.  It is an endless argument with do definitive outcome so who freaking cares.

3. Nothng I have see suggest that anyone thinks the 49ers are better.  Most analysts that I have seen point to the absolute beat down the Colts gave them as evidence of a change going on in Indy.  But if they do think that, who cares?  It means nothing.

4. Nobody - nobody said the only reason the Colts went 11-5 last year was due to an easy schedule.

5. For goodness sakes - Dallas & Denver put up 99 freaking points, are both marquee teams and had the game end on the last play.  OF COURSE that is the game of the week. 

I don't think people hate us any more than the usual weekly "fan blames" for losing to us. we actually have a lot of Hollywood that stands by the Colts. we are respected on all the Sports shows. and Andrew Luck is heralded by anyone who doesn't have a bias of hope for their fan favorite to be a stellar quarterback for the next 10 years. you wanna talk about a hated team then you should talk about the Patriots. no one likes them but new England (meaning the surrounding area). Tom Brady is always the butt of every joke. and the coach is the best player on the team. sheeeesh. that would suck to be that good and that disrespected at the same time. its all the crying faces that tom brady comes up with. and the fact that after he reached 50 touchdowns, only one better than Manning, it just wasn't important to keep going for more. for brady, I wasn't about the record, it was about being better than peyton. .....and still.....no one likes him. lmao.i hope peyton buries that record is year!!

There are other teams that get less national attention than the Colts. Tennessee, St. Louis, & Arizona are three that come to mind easily, I mention those three teams because last year Arizona went 4-0 & I still heard little about them, St. Louis beat the Niners twice & I heard little about them, & Tennessee was looking alright the first few weeks of the season, so I would argue that the Colts get a decent amount of national coverage...

I can't stop watching your Patrick Sponge Bob starfish belly shake avatar ruksak. It's like a toddler's mobile. I can't take my eyes off of it. Ha! Ha! 

Spongebob is one of my guilty pleasures. Patrick Star is one of American televisions most endearing sympathetic characters. 

See how I can make so much out of something so silly? Aren't I a wildcard, aye? 

Well, that or he won't acknowledge us until we pick up someone who's graduated from his dance school.

That nobody likes...

1. We make the Super Bowl...still no bandwagon fans...

2. Had arguably the best quarterback of all time for 13 years, Tom Brady has and always will be better.

3. Beat the 49ers this year, (checks power rankings) and the 49ers are still better because they didn't show up that game...

4. Andrew Luck has an incredible 11-5 season as a rookie...oh, its just because we had an easy schedule...

5. Beats an undefeated 2nd best team in the NFL. (*Anchorman*) Check out the game of the week Broncos vs. Cowboys!!!!!

What happens after? Peyton Manning goes to the Broncos and now Peyton is the best quarterback of all time! Something about us that everyone hates...what is it?

Not complaining...just a food for thought

On the other hand it seems some of those talking heads are now high on the Colts now Manning is gone. Did anyone like us when we had Manning?

That.  Was.  Awesome.  

Either he didn't know the punter took him out or he was trying to play it off.

The camera cut off about 3 seconds before Deon barfed. I was at that game and seen it. It was hilarious. The video really didn't show how hard Hunter landed on him. Colts won that game 34-24 and went 13-3 that season. 

There are other teams that get less national attention than the Colts. Tennessee, St. Louis, & Arizona are three that come to mind easily, I mention those three teams because last year Arizona went 4-0 & I still heard little about them, St. Louis beat the Niners twice & I heard little about them, & Tennessee was looking alright the first few weeks of the season, so I would argue that the Colts get a decent amount of national coverage...

The Colts and Luck got about a 1/4th the attention that RG3 and the Redskins got last reason. So much so that RG3 got the ROY without finishing the season. Most of the attention the Colts got was the amounts of picks Luck was throwing and completely not seeing the bigger picture. 

We are a smaller market team... and our QB doesn't wear festive socks.. We are young, so ESPN hasn't found the best way to market us yet... As soon as another AFC South team gets a decent QB to rival Andrew (preferably for ESPN, one that has a hot shot attitude) we will get some media love... Our story from last season should have made us media darlings, but hey.... who cares?

We are #10 in the the

I saw Skip Bayless pontificate about this endlessly today. He doesn't seem to grasp our salary cap limitations or what they would have had Manning remained INDY's roster. Superman has a firm grasp of this reality. He also doesn't seem to comprehend Luck IQ & health longterm for the next 10-15 years either. I usually defend Skip, but he makes my blood boil the way he disrespects Andrew Luck. Grr! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8nPurbeZTk

Ive never been so irritated in my life by someone so ignorant...

Luck WILL retire with a much better playoff record AND he will retire with more SB rings than Manning.  Luck may even be in a position to match Peyton's number of regular season wins.

That's all that matters to me. Peyton's mind boggling stats were nice, but in the end, I want RINGS.

Why do they talk about Tebow?  I mean, I know they talk about him now because he's a trainwreck, but I never understood why he was a big deal.  

It's because he was a heisman trophy winning quarterback in college and was fun to watch.He was highly criticized in the NFL for not being a very good, consistent quarterback. He got extra attention for being really good in the clutch and being really religious.