Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive DE Guy, Activate WR Brazill

MTC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must say, despite me scratching my head in wonder in past moves, this is the first move in Grig's time with us that has me truly wanting to drive up to Indy, smack Grigs upside the head and ask the WTFreak question. Guy played his butt off, we have other players(Reed,  for example) that should have been cut first and foremost. Serious, lets bring back a 2 time drug failure and cut a guy who's delivered two back to back great games for you.

Way to show your team that you reward playing with your heart out....insert sarcasm here

Well, I must say, despite me scratching my head in wonder in past moves, this is the first move in Grig's time with us that has me truly wanting to drive up to Indy, smack Grigs upside the head and ask the WTFreak question. Guy played his butt off, we have other players(Reed,  for example) that should have been cut first and foremost. Serious, lets bring back a 2 time drug failure and cut a guy who's delivered two back to back great games for you.

Way to show your team that you reward playing with your heart out....insert sarcasm here

Looks like they made their mind up a long time ago and are not flexible enough to change.

Funny you say that . I'm retired now but the last job I had was for Delmonte Fresh Poduce and they could view all our activity on our computers. I was in NY and their main office was in FL. So I guess they wanted to be sure we didn't spend our days surfing the net.

I work for an IT company.  If they wanted to track everything they definitely could. lol  Fortunately it's a very relaxed environment here.  Basically as long as work gets done, they don't care if we surf the net in our down time. :)

Was there not another less of a performer they could have swopped Brazil out with? Brazil is a must to the roster if anyone remembers what he brings. He is a lot like T.Y. in the speed category. He can catch the ball and get open. I've honestly been quietly waiting for his return. Now the Colts Offense has even more of a threat in my opinion. though Guy had a terrific punt block which led to a Howell touchdown. No one else has got a block like that. He was super athletic on the line and I think there could have been a better person to swop him out with.

the big runs happen when he is on the field... Idk we let go of guy over him

The big runs are not on Matthews, Many times they are on our OLB's because they rush upfield leaving HUGE holes to run through (Mathis...Walden sometimes)

He released Lawrencw Guy, not Robert Mathis.

While you're all waiting for Mathews to get cut or Reed to get cut...... I'm waiting on the day I wake up and a thread on this :colts: forum reads "Colts have released &/or traded Samson Satele"

Yep.......... that's what I'm waiting on

Keep waiting. Unfortunately, the money invested there is too large, making getting rid of him without eating too much cap a sticky situation.

Remember, the original team of a traded player is still on the hook for a good portion of their contract.

He released Lawrencw Guy, not Robert Mathis.

I think the point he was trying to make was, Guy made arguably the play of the game and was essentially rewarded with walking papers. I understand it's all a business, but that's still low. David Reed is still on the roster, for crying out loud. Guy's depth he would add to the position isn't worth more than Reed's pathetic return attempts that don't crack the 20?

I think the point he was trying to make was, Guy made arguably the play of the game and was essentially rewarded with walking papers. I understand it's all a business, but that's still low. David Reed is still on the roster, for crying out loud. Guy's depth he would add to the position isn't worth more than Reed's pathetic return attempts that don't crack the 20?

You don't reward guys for making one play. I'm sure he was well compensated for a couple weeks of work.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it.

You don't reward guys for making one play. I'm sure he was well compensated for a couple weeks of work.

He was in on more than just one play. He's been solid on defense, not just special teams. Had a batted pass, collapsed the pocket a few times and was decent in space as well. He earned a spot on the roster. No arguing that. Like I said, it's a business. Something that has nothing to do with performance on the field obviously came into play

Colts waive DE Guy, Activate WR Brazill

Maybe they should try Brazill over DHB.

Perhaps Brazill can make a few receptions?

Maybe, but DHB's size makes him a good blocker in the run game and good in power formations. Brazill is smaller, but could probably still hold his own in those power formations. DHB likely still gets the nod though.

Every week we let the Caesar Rayford's of the world walk out our door, and watch them turn into HOFs everywhere else they play.

Don't get it.

Who exactly are you talking about? I'm curious, because I can't think of anybody we let walk out the door, and they turned into anything at all, let alone HOFer's. I hope your not talking about Rayford and Nevis, because they have been pretty much worthless so far.

Who exactly are you talking about? I'm curious, because I can't think of anybody we let walk out the door, and they turned into anything at all, let alone HOFer's. I hope your not talking about Rayford and Nevis, because they have been pretty much worthless so far.

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic

Making fun of people who get worked up over every single player we let go lol.

Guest TeamLoloJones

when does landry come back?? would be nice to have him back by the denver game

Pagano said he hope's he can return to practice this week.  Same with RJF and Havili.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Well Marshall Faulk for one...

I hate this, Guy made more plays in one game than Matthews has made his whole career. Guy has always played well for the Colts, he is athletic and has a nonstop motor. Reminds me of the Satele situation, except I think money comes in to play in the Satele fiasco. I just don't see what it is the coaching staff prefers in Matthews vs Guy and Sundays game alone shows the advantage and upside of Guy vs Matthews.

Making fun of people who get worked up over every single player we let go lol.

I think the irritation is as much about who is kept when a certain player is let go.  The fact that there are worse players who contribute much less than the player who is let go, even if the player let go was "just average" is the frustrating part.

I think the irritation is as much about who is kept when a certain player is let go. The fact that there are worse players who contribute much less than the player who is let go, even if the player let go was "just average" is the frustrating part.

Yeah, but every time anyone is released every mini GM on this board has to call it a bad move, and here we sit at 4-1. This FO has been solid so far.

Guy isn't breaking this team either way.